Report: Panthers offered Peppers $14 million a year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Report: Panthers offered Peppers $14 million a year

Just 36 hours before Julius Peppers becomes an unrestricted free agent, a new report says the Panthers tried hard to keep him in Carolina.

Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com is reporting that the Panthers made at least three attempts to get a deal done with Peppers, and that the final offer was a long-term deal worth somewhere close to $14 million a year.

It was shortly after Peppers turned that deal down that the Panthers said publicly that they'd let Peppers test free agency.

Peppers apparently think he's going to get more than $14 million a year. Given how rampant tampering is in the NFL, it's possible that Peppers' agent has already been told that he'll be receiving an offer of more than $14 million a year as soon at 12:01 a.m. Friday.

Or it's possible that Peppers will only get something in the $12 million to $13 million a year range, and all of a sudden the offer he turned down from the Panthers won't sound so bad.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/report-panthers-offered-peppers-14-million-a-year/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Report: Panthers offered Peppers $14 million a year

Didn't somebody at the Globe mention the possibility that Dan Snyder might have his fingers in this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Dan Snyder will offer him a sick contract. Eventhough I dont think money is everything to Peppers (then he would have signed the contract with Panthers), the Skins will make him an offer he cant refuse.

Dan Snyder will go nuts this FA, and leave every other team helpless.

By the way, as a European Im curious to know who the most wealthy team owners are in the NFL? (the top 5 - and bottom 5). And is Kraft among the richest?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't know where he's going , but I know where he ain't. 

New England, quite frankly, I don't care. Let's get to drafting that RE. What number will Carlos Dunlap wear come April? I hope it's 96 so he can show us what a 96 looks like touching the QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I liked to hear from all those people who yelled at us saying that Peppers would sign for 10mil and we were crazy, that we didn't know what we were talking about saying that he'd be to expensive for the Pats to go after. Well if he turned down 14mil then he knows something is up and will end up getting slightly more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am happy, I have never wanted Peppers here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The team that gives any one player 14 million dollars will be pist off shortly after the season ends next year. I'd like to see Dunlop in a Patriots uni in 2010..High motor and he definately would get to the QB more often than Thomas did last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

he didnt want to play for them. the dollar amount was not the issue

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I heard he was talking to the Bears.
    No, that doesn't mean he'll be working for the EPA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He is another player that simply wants to "get paid".  Whover gets him will not see their money's worth. Maybe one season, but not to justify the entire contract. You think the Skins are happy with Haynesworth?  He got his and there is nothing that will take it away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Some one send him the dvd "grizzly man" and quick!

In Response to Re: Report: Panthers offered Peppers $14 million a year:
    I heard he was talking to the Bears. No, that doesn't mean he'll be working for the EPA.
    Posted by Yapple

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

I think it's less about getting paid > 14$mil, and more about getting paid what he's worth to play on a team that will be a contender for the SB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Par for the course. Expected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I never cared for Peppers unless they are on my Cheese Steak sandwich. And Im not paying 14 million for a Sandwich. The Patriots dont need him, move on please for younger talent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

These deals never work out, if Peppers breaks a nail he'll claim to be too injured to play.  Only certain players can get these types of dollars, Brady of course and even Manning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

$10M a year, I understand. $14+M is far too much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Looks like Peppers will go elsewhere if Synder is involved so if Peppers is all about the money - then he will go to Washington.  Chicago was mentioned in the mix here too.  If Peppers is about WINNING a SB or go to a team which has a greater chance to win one - then the Pats / Philly probably are in the Mix. 
    We'll find out on Friday I guess!