Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell

Pathetic.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=5847

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell

Yeah, that's pretty sad. If he doesn't do anything in the league after this he has to be a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf. Awful.

I'm sure somewhere will sign him and see if they can coach him up, but his accuracy is atrocious. Not NFL level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell:
    Yeah they said it was going to take several cuts to get rid of him! The topper is that he's still going to grab another 3 mil from Crazy Al's bank account.....Oh the reason why it'll take several cuts? He weighs 305 lbs and you ain't just cutting a man that size with just one cut. I wonder if Rex Ryan will try and sign him? He likes those big strapping OT's....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I think it was profootballtalk that said there are rumors of him being around 300lbs.  What an idiot.  Goodbye football career.  At least he cashed in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

We can thank JaMarcus Russell for one thing... the fact that a rookie wage scale may be implemented =)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell:
    We can thank JaMarcus Russell for one thing... the fact that a rookie wage scale may be implemented =)
    Posted by Nooyorkachusettes

Amen to that.  He should become the poster child for a rookie wage scale.  He cashed in and lost his will to play ball.  I kind of hoped the Raiders would have given him just one more year though.  He guaranteed us a high 1st round pick from them in 2011.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I can't believe that no one has suggested we pick him up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nooyorkachusettes. Show Nooyorkachusettes's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell : Amen to that.  He should become the poster child for a rookie wage scale.  He cashed in and lost his will to play ball.  I kind of hoped the Raiders would have given him just one more year though.  He guaranteed us a high 1st round pick from them in 2011.  
    Posted by carawaydj

Redskins were the 4th pic with Jason Campbell at the wheel... I think we should do just fine. =)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It's early yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Posted by Cyberknot

I think we should sign him and convert him to an offensive lineman. LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

WE SHOULD SIGN HIM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

WE SHOULD SIGN HIM
    Posted by Gulo

I assume when you say "we" that you are a Jets fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Laughing all the way to the bank. Way to squander an opportunity though.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Can you believe this guy? Seriously , the kid got all the talent in the world and hasnt improve at all since high school! This is the chit that kills me , this is the chit that really gets under my skin! Hes played almost two and half years worth of football and piled up these amazing stats. 18 TD's , 23 INT's , 25 fumbles-15 lost , sacked 70 times , 52.1 comp % and 6 yards every pass attempt. Simply f'in amazing! Im a huge sports fan and theres at least one or two plays every year where I say , " well sh it I can f'in do that ". Now forget about plays , Im talking career here , at least 3-4 of us could have done his entire career! This is absolutely f'in putrid , this makes me f'in sick! I mean at least show up in shape! Do a f'in push up , do some f'in sit-ups! How the fu ck do you let yourself balloon to over 300 lbs?!?! Your a fu ck ing QB ( allegedly ) and have every fu ck ing resource known to man available to you and you sit on your fat azz and balloon up like Kirstie f'in Alley! He should be ashamed of himself...but hes not , he'll find someone to blame it on besides his fat f'in azz! Pathetic , putrid , absolutely f'in disgusting! You know what , you have to blame the Raiders and that old , wrinkly di ck head , Uncle Al , the guy needs a f'in wheelcair and a druel cup. This is their fault as much as it is Russell's , seriously Russell wasnt tearing it up in college. He had a good 3 weeks at the end of his final year there , he killed it for about a month and landed  crazy $. Seriously look at the tape , look at his games in college , he wasnt " the man " at all. Sure he had crazy physical tools , but you could see this coming miles away and the Raiders got what they deserved!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Posted by Cyberknot

Well, he doesn't beat women. Otherwise, there would 65 threads about how we should trade a second rounder for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Can you believe this guy? Seriously , the kid got all the talent in the world and hasnt improve at all since high school! This is the chit that kills me , this is the chit that really gets under my skin! Hes played almost two and half years worth of football and piled up these amazing stats. 18 TD's , 23 INT's , 25 fumbles-15 lost , sacked 70 times , 52.1 comp % and 6 yards every pass attempt. Simply f'in amazing! Im a huge sports fan and theres at least one or two plays every year where I say , " well sh it I can f'in do that ". Now forget about plays , Im talking career here , at least 3-4 of us could have done his entire career! This is absolutely f'in putrid , this makes me f'in sick! I mean at least show up in shape! Do a f'in push up , do some f'in sit-ups! How the fu ck do you let yourself balloon to over 300 lbs?!?! Your a fu ck ing QB ( allegedly ) and have every fu ck ing resource known to man available to you and you sit on your fat azz and balloon up like Kirstie f'in Alley! He should be ashamed of himself...but hes not , he'll find someone to blame it on besides his fat f'in azz! Pathetic , putrid , absolutely f'in disgusting! You know what , you have to blame the Raiders and that old , wrinkly di ck head , Uncle Al , the guy needs a f'in wheelcair and a druel cup. This is their fault as much as it is Russell's , seriously Russell wasnt tearing it up in college. He had a good 3 weeks at the end of his final year there , he killed it for about a month and landed  crazy $. Seriously look at the tape , look at his games in college , he wasnt " the man " at all. Sure he had crazy physical tools , but you could see this coming miles away and the Raiders got what they deserved!
    Posted by ONE-TIME

JaMarcus Russell has 30 million ways to say I don't care. He got his bonus, so if he's released, there's a lot of quan coming to him. Guaranteed money!
    Personally speaking, If I knew my peers, specifically my teammates thought I was a lazy scrub, I'd do everything to improve my game and earn their respect. It's going to be really interesting to see how he handles this and who decides to pick him up after his release.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

One-time, maybe he has realized this and is eating his sorrows away? I agree with you, it's garbage how he get millions in guaranteed money and hasn't done anything. Many people struggle to make a million in their entire life, and this guy did it for having a good year playing college football.

I really hope he signs with another team and tries to fix himself. Honestly though, I don't see it happening. He's a multi-millionaire who obviously cares more about than football. He doesn't know how many people dream of having the kind of talent he had. It makes me sick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The more I think about this, the less I am inclined to toss brickbats at JaMarcus Russell. From a purely cynical perspective, he's the perfect success story. The kid won the genetic lottery and got handed a fortune without ever having to actually accomplish anything outside the scope of his natural gifts. Who's fault is that? Barring some unlikely resurrection, he will surely replace Ryan Leaf as the poster boy for untapped potential -- or bonehead scouting -- however you care to look at it, but nobody pointed a gun at Al Davis and said "Mortgage your franchise's future on this raw project or I'll shoot you in the head" (At least I don't think anybody did). He's hardly the first athlete to take the money and run. So, he's not good enough to earn the money he was promised and, unfortunately for the Raiders, he does not appear inclined to try to get better -- and, frankly, hasn't really shown that he could even if he wanted to. It's all well and good for people like us to offer morality takes, but Russell didn't create the system that rewards exactly the gifts he was lucky enough to be born with. My guess is that the kid doesn't work hard because he never had to and doesn't know how -- and now there's simply no incentive. It may not yet be too late to teach him things he should have been learning along the way that have nothing to do with football, but I wouldn't bet on it and I wouldn't advise anyone else in the NFL to do it either (not that they've ever solicited my opinion -- more's the pity).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

And then again . . .

maybe not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Al-Davis-apparently-clinging-to-his-faith-in-JaM?urn=nfl,237656

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

raydas were stoopid to ever draft him, and now they have another dud QB that will probably hand us the overall #1 pick next year 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell:

That's kind of a shame, I was hoping they'd keep him so that he could lose some more games for us.....lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

raydas were stoopid to ever draft him, and now they have another dud QB that will probably hand us the overall #1 pick next year 
    Posted by kansaspatriot

One can hope.