Repost of aspicygirl's Christmas Wish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Repost of aspicygirl's Christmas Wish

Some folks noticed a very nice Christmas wish from aspicygirl had gone missing.  Here is her post (courtesy of my browser cache):

Hey

I would just love for people to be kind to one another, be loving, tolerant, and stop creating barriers between each other. For the hope of all that Christmas promises to inspire peace, love and understanding among us all, no matter our differences. Let us all co-exist peacefully. You?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Repost of aspicygirl's Christmas Wish

I can toast to that.they have been showing a video on the news about a soldier being held by the taliban i hope your guys find the soldier that was taken,and return him safely.this to me would also be a great christmas wish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm no longer a trooper Moss, although my company supports them through other means.  That said, I share your sentiments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Somebody tried to blow up a plane over Detroit today. Doubt terrorists share her view. It's time to bring the troops home & then up the ante with some serious fire power. Seventy-six virgins aren't going to want anything to do with a disintegrated Muslim.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

i couldnt believe my eyes.. an actual initiative thread by carraway. then i read it was a repost. dude, u follow sports, pats and nfl, i DEMAND you take some initiative and stop reacting to everyone elses initiative. u seem as if u have it in ya (does that tank run by itself?), so let's go already! start something!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Repost of aspicygirl's Christmas Wish:
    [QUOTE]i couldnt believe my eyes.. an actual initiative thread by carraway. then i read it was a repost. dude, u follow sports, pats and nfl, i DEMAND you take some initiative and stop reacting to everyone elses initiative. u seem as if u have it in ya, so let's go already! start something!
    Posted by bubbazilla[/QUOTE]

LOL.  OK Bubba, as the ole saying goes, if you dish it out, you have to be prepared to take it as well.  I dished it out a while back to you about your negative posting, so I guess I need to just sit back and take a little bit back from you.  However, you are late.  Please follow this link: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a00afd8e9-fa01-4b00-8844-4d95af546b07

I get your point though.  It's much easier to criticize a movie than it is to write one, easier to criticize a book than write one...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

carraway, i remember that now. that was the day the reply thing started not to work on my end (seems like its working for you). as teddy roosevelt once said (paraphrasing a bit): the victory goes not to the critic but to the man in the arena actually taking the bullets. or was it "dont be with those cold timid souls who know only to criticize the man in the arena" or something like that.. oh well, u get my point. u gotta put yourself out there a bit too my friend.. does that tank you so proudly stand on run itself? or does it start and does all the work and u just stand on it or in it? in war or with that nitwit today who tried to set fire to the plane, would u just hang out waiting for every one else to take the initiative or awaiting your "orders" from your comrades? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."

I Googled "blowhard" and this is what I got.

There was also a cute story about the one time he didn't shoot the tethered beast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Repost of aspicygirl's Christmas Wish:
    [QUOTE]...u gotta put yourself out there a bit too my friend.. does that tank you so proudly stand on run itself? or does it start and does all the work and u just stand on it or in it? in war or with that nitwit today who tried to set fire to the plane, would u just hang out waiting for every one else to take the initiative or awaiting your "orders" from your comrades?   
    Posted by bubbazilla[/QUOTE]

Now now...

1. Just a reminder that I'm no longer a trooper.  Although I continue to support the troops, those days are long gone for me.  I guess I need to change my avatar.  

2. I really don't want to talk about what I have done in life to "take the initiative".  Suffice it to say, I chuckled a bit.

3. I pick my battles wisely.  Ask Leon.  You don't hear much from him lately do you?  I created a custom web browser that auto reports his posts within 5 minutes.  Now that's my kind of initiative.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

It doesn't look like many people liked your Christmas wish... or at least were willing to acknowledge it.

Hope you all had a nice holiday!  I'm home and left my laptop in New York.  Cheers!  And have a good New Year if I"m not back on here before then!