Revis to Bucs Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Revis to Bucs Trade

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--jets-have-agreement-in-principle-to-trade-darrelle-revis-to-bucs-150815922.html

This is not good news for the Patriots...wouldn't say bad news, but it's not good. Revis wouldn't have made much of a difference for the Jets fortunes. Revis or no Revis, Jets still stink.

Tampa Bay will now be a tougher out during the reg season.

More importantly, Jets got something in return for a player likely to be gone after this season anyways. Multiple draft picks is what I'm hearing. I'm assuming at least one is a first.

Good deal by the Jets. They still won't be competitive this season and probably not the next. But this is a step in the right direction for that franchise. Next move will need to be getting rid of Sanchez for them...Will probably happen next season

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Revis to Bucs Trade

Wouldn't surprise me if Revis signs for money less then everyone expects.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Personally I am really surprised that TB is making this trade if they are giving up anything near what has been previously mentioned. And as for salary ... if they pay anything like Revis has been asking, they are way overpaying, and if not then you have a player that feels he is being underpaid.

And then ... he is still injured. Will he come back as strong as he was? No one knows.

As for the Jets ... great move if they can pull this off. TB is bidding against themselves and giving up a boatload.

Jets are going to have a huge dead money hit here this year and next I assume.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Depends on how TB structures the contract. Revis could sign 6/$90 with $44-$49 guaranteed and base salary heavily backloaded the last 2 years. 

Revis gets his $15 per year announced, but the Buc's actually pay out about half that and eat some dead money down the road. 

Looking at what Harvin was traded for, the Jets return on Revis sounds pretty correct, assuming Revis is healthy, which all signs point out he is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian Rapoport         Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 4m

Ex-#Jets CB Darrelle Revis has agreed to terms with the Buccaneers, according to his agents, @schwartzfeinsod

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

getting revis out of the afc east is bad for the patriots? HA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Christopher Price         Christopher Price @cpriceNFL 1m

Revis receives a 6-yr, $96M deal that makes him highest paid DB in NFL history but gets NO guaranteed money. Wow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Details: RT @TBBuccaneers: Yes! Done deal: Darrelle Revis is a Buccaneer! Bucs trade 2013 1st-rounder & conditional 2014 4th or 3rd to Jets

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Details: RT @TBBuccaneers: Yes! Done deal: Darrelle Revis is a Buccaneer! Bucs trade 2013 1st-rounder & conditional 2014 4th or 3rd to Jets

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Darrelle Revis is a Buccaneer! Bucs trade 2013 1st-rounder & conditional 2014 4th or 3rd to Jets

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Week 1:  Tampa at NYJ    

That should be interesting to see the reaction

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Jets lose Revis and draft another 1st round bust...all is good

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That's a ton of money.  No Guarantee? Wow!!

So Jets have what, 9th and 13th picks in the first round?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Do the Jets have a lot of dead money this season for revis that counts against the cap?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Glad the jets are losing Revis - he was a hell of a football player - too bad they are getting something really decent in return for a guy coming off a torn ACL. Shows how highly thought of Revis is as a player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

All World Revis (just ask him) is gone, greta move by the Jets, they wouldn't sign him next year, and they get the 13 th pick.

Maybe the Jets  are finally getting the picture. TB on the other hand maybe the equivilant of the LA Dodgers taking the Red Sox dump. Time will tell. No corner is worth 15% of a team's cap. And he is comimg of his first major injury. Bye Bye Revis!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

No guaranteed money? Does that mean no signing bonus? If so, that's crazy for Revis but a great deal for Tampa because no dead money, ever. That's hard to believe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Do the Jets have a lot of dead money this season for revis that counts against the cap?

I thought I read 12 or 13 mil not sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

wouldnt have done it for a #1 if i were tampa. 

they are not a player away from the sb and could have gotten good corners in this draft.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I bet tampa could have got him for a second. Over paid