Revis to Bucs Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Re: Revis to Bucs Trade

Two first round players will not make the Jets superbowl contenders.  They have a long way to go.  TB is not better with Revis.  A bad trade for them.  The Jets need a lot more talent.  One of these picks will be wasted on a QB.  Somewhere they are going to have to replace a Revis.  The Patriots are still searching for a CB.  Even if the Jets get Dee Millner they are not better off.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to msteven's comment:

Two first round players will not make the Jets superbowl contenders.  They have a long way to go.  TB is not better with Revis.  A bad trade for them.  The Jets need a lot more talent.  One of these picks will be wasted on a QB.  Somewhere they are going to have to replace a Revis.  The Patriots are still searching for a CB.  Even if the Jets get Dee Millner they are not better off.

Did you see the albatross contract they gave him?  LOL!

It's Mario Williams size deal.   Nice job by NY to get a 1st rd pick, but TB has just been taken for a ride with that kind of money tied to a primadonna CB. Ouch.

Bucs signed CB Darrelle Revis to a new six-year, $96 million contract that makes him the highest paid defensive back in NFL history in terms of annual average, but contains ZERO guaranteed money.

The Jets received (only?) the No. 13 pick in this year's draft and a conditional 2014 fourth-rounder that can escalate to a third-rounder based on whether Revis is on the Bucs' roster on the third day of the 2014 league year. The fact that Revis accepted NO guaranteed money is shocking. The compensation isn't quite what we anticipated either, making the Bucs the clear early winners of the Revis trade. Revis is obviously confident in the health of his reconstructed knee, so much so that going on age 28 he's willing to gamble on himself, accepting a pay-as-you-go contract with large but non-guaranteed annual salaries of $13 million with $3M in bonuses each offseason. The Bucs could cut him as soon as 2014 if his recovery goes afoul. It's truly fantastic maneuvering by Bucs GM Mark Dominik.  

I feel like its a win for TB...  Their secondary was the worst in the NFL and now will be immensely improved with no guaranteed money.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LOL

Does TB have a QB they like?   They aren't going anywhere in that division until that happens, courtesy of Brees and Matt Ryan.

Revis never affected the Pats much in the last 2-3 years here, dude. The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.   Looking for forward to the Falcons WRs and Saints WRs do a number on him on that astro turf.

I'll wait for the final package but that 1st rder is too much to give up when you're going to need to pay him 15 million per year.  We also have no idea how he'll look coming off the ACL.

Good job by the Jets to fleeece TB, if the package does include a 1st.  They would have otherwise rented Revis for a year for absolutely nothing.  They have to move him. I am not sure who is taking the stupid pills down in TB, but all the power to the Jets to rid themselves of that headache and move on.

No one else is bidding, so poor understanding of the market by TB.

Now, it's a question if NY blows 2 1st rd draft choices in 2013 or not. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOYMQxwSORo

The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.

give it up...he's only "overrated" because he's a Jet, if he was a Pat he would be God

best pure shut down corner since deon sanders-period.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Who cares about Revis.  What we should care about is Izschik is the GM of Jets now, not Tannembaum.  Tannenbaum would most likely take the draft picks and draft losers.  He would also take the free money and put the Jets over the Cap again.

We should be afraid that Izschik will properly use the salary cap and draft players who are smart and want to play football for the Jets.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

LOL

Does TB have a QB they like?   They aren't going anywhere in that division until that happens, courtesy of Brees and Matt Ryan.

Revis never affected the Pats much in the last 2-3 years here, dude. The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.   Looking for forward to the Falcons WRs and Saints WRs do a number on him on that astro turf.

I'll wait for the final package but that 1st rder is too much to give up when you're going to need to pay him 15 million per year.  We also have no idea how he'll look coming off the ACL.

Good job by the Jets to fleeece TB, if the package does include a 1st.  They would have otherwise rented Revis for a year for absolutely nothing.  They have to move him. I am not sure who is taking the stupid pills down in TB, but all the power to the Jets to rid themselves of that headache and move on.

The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.

give it up...he's only "overrated" because he's a Jet, if he was a Pat he would be God

No. It's because he played in New York.    Not because he was a Jet.  The Jets have sucked or overrated their players for 40 years and Revis is no different.

Lots of mouth, lost of insecurity. Not saying he isn't an elite CB in the league since 2008, but the guy hasn't shown that level in a few years. He was busy looking for new deals or grabbing hammies while forgetting how to play proper zone coverage.

Get over it.

OVERRATED.

Cannot wait to see him never win a ring. 

best shut down corner since sanders

better than law, wiiliams or bailey

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsGnome's comment:

Who cares about Revis.  What we should care about is Izschik is the GM of Jets now, not Tannembaum.  Tannenbaum would most likely take the draft picks and draft losers.  He would also take the free money and put the Jets over the Cap again.

We should be afraid that Izschik will properly use the salary cap and draft players who are smart and want to play football for the Jets.

IDZIK...and he will probably do a good job

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LOL

No. It's because he played in New York.    Not because he was a Jet.  The Jets have sucked or overrated their players for 40 years and Revis is no different.

Lots of mouth, lost of insecurity. Not saying he isn't an elite CB in the league since 2008, but the guy hasn't shown that level in a few years. He was busy looking for new deals or grabbing hammies while forgetting how to play proper zone coverage.

Get over it.

OVERRATED.

Cannot wait to see him never win a ring. 

best shut down corner since sanders

better than law, wiiliams or bailey

Nope. Sorry.

Law changed games. He also was a winner.  Revis is obviously not a winner.  So did Bailey.  Williams was buried on god awful Cardinals teams.

For you to compare Revis to Deion Sanders explains your lack of knowledge.

Wait until his gimpy leg makes it more obvious he grabs WRs by the jersey on every play. lmao

no disrespect to the others but:

best shut down cb since neon deon

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Reports are Revis is doing very well with his rehab.  He is the closest person to Mr. Sandcastle, errrrr, Deion that I have seen.  He totally takes away the mid to deep side of the field he plays on.  I don't care for his attitude, holding out, signing and threatening another hold out in the future, but there is no denying the fact that he is a game changer. 

I think with the advancements they have made over the years with MCL and ACL repairs that he will be fine.  I think AP has proved that.  It will certainly be interesting to watch him this season to see if he is a different player after the injury or if he just picks up where he left off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Quite interesting that none of the Revis contract is guaranteed.  Also interesting that TB gave up high 1st rounder plus conditional 4th (could be 3rd) for him.  On the one hand TB incurs no risk beyond the draft choices; on the other Revis went all-in by agreeing to a deal with no guaranteed $$. 

Apart from the dead money (which, if I'm not mistaken, they would incur no matter what from trading him) it's a pretty fair deal for the Jets. 

Also be interesting to see what they do with their two first rounders.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

LOL

Ty Law was better

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

LOL

Beyond ridiculous; I suggest you recheck his #s and film. Some say  he was the greatest DB ever. While that may be premature. he's a lock for the HOF if he should return even 90% of what he was.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

LOL

Ty Law was better

I heard Edelman was better too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

LOL

Ty Law and Champ Bailey, if not Aneas Williams think differently.   Nice try. Either that or you should have watched more football the last 15 years. PERIOD.

Champ Bailey maybe (ignore his last game, of course)  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

New York may have contributed to the hype around Revis, but he is a very good CB.  That he agreed to no guaranteed money says to me that he is confident in his abilities to earn his money, as obscene as that contract is.  Like Sanders, I think teams have to account for Revis every game.  Unlike Sanders, Revis never backed away from being physical and held his own against the run.  Law was an elite CB during a time when CBs could be more physical.  Revis reminds me a lot of Law, but I think DR may be a more smothering kind of CB - and make what you will of that comment.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jets in big time rebuild mode and with Rex helping on the rebuilding it doesn't look good for the Jets.  Rex took over a very good Jets team that Mangini help put together and Rex has totally destroyed that.  Make no mistake, the team that did so well the first couple years Rex was there wasn't because of Rex, it was because of what was there when he got there.  The Jets are pretty much a mess right now, I feel they got the bad end of the deal with the Revis trade, this team will not get better until Rex Ryan is gone.  He a defense coach, not a head coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Jets in big time rebuild mode and with Rex helping on the rebuilding it doesn't look good for the Jets.  Rex took over a very good Jets team that Mangini help put together and Rex has totally destroyed that.  Make no mistake, the team that did so well the first couple years Rex was there wasn't because of Rex, it was because of what was there when he got there.  The Jets are pretty much a mess right now, I feel they got the bad end of the deal with the Revis trade, this team will not get better until Rex Ryan is gone.  He a defense coach, not a head coach.

+1

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Beyond ridiculous; I suggest you recheck his #s and film. Some say  he was the greatest DB ever. While that may be premature. he's a lock for the HOF if he should return even 90% of what he was.

Those people are dumb.  Sanders was a better DB.  Why?  Because he had the coverage ability and was electric with the ball in his hands.  Guy had 9 INT for TD and 9 return TDs in his career.  He put the fear in offenses because of his ability to take it to the house.  Revis is a great player, but he is overrated if people think he is the best DB ever.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Rex is imo one of the better defensive minds in the game.  Unfortunately he is completely clueless on offense.