Revis to Bucs Trade

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Revis to Bucs Trade

In response to rkarp's comment:

nah your wrong. I comment every now and then on some one's post, but I never start one.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/jets-are-coming/100/6248930

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Jets will cut Sanchez and Cro and will have approx $65M on the books..giving them quite a rebuilding stash

They will have more than 65 on the books.  Rookies from this year and the guys they have under contract will get them higher than that.  In addition the space is nice, but they will have tons of holes to fill.  That money won't mean anything if they don't draft well.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

nah your wrong. I comment every now and then on some one's post, but I never start one.

Every now and then I enjoy pointing out Rusty's misinformaton on them.

Jets will cut Sanchez and Cro and will have approx $65M on the books..giving them quite a rebuilding stash

I think I read they get 4 supplemental picks next year as well

Betting score:
    Rusty-1
    RKarp-1

Pummeled score:
    Rusty-0

10/10 people on here agreed you lost our 2nd bet. Don't force me to bump it again.

You lost. Get over it.

NY was 13 mil under recently and just tacked on 4 mil more, so they are no more than 9 mil under.

Rookies are 4-5 mil. 

Whoops!  That means they're pretty much already to the cap right now with aruably the worst talent of any team in the AFC, if not the NFL.

Good thing they got down to 22 million on 3.14 for no more than 48 hours, huh?  lol!

but that was the bet, that they would get down to $20-$30 mil under. NOt if they would have a good team this year.

You just agreed they were $22M under...meaning you lost the bet...so stop lying you freak

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/jets-are-coming/100/6248930

young Rusty. You just made my point. You dug out a thread from 2011...you do realize it is now 2013, right?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Beyond ridiculous; I suggest you recheck his #s and film. Some say  he was the greatest DB ever. While that may be premature. he's a lock for the HOF if he should return even 90% of what he was.

Those people are dumb.  Sanders was a better DB.  Why?  Because he had the coverage ability and was electric with the ball in his hands.  Guy had 9 INT for TD and 9 return TDs in his career.  He put the fear in offenses because of his ability to take it to the house.  Revis is a great player, but he is overrated if people think he is the best DB ever.

Exactly. It's a NY arrogance.   Also, if Stevie Johnson abuses you with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball, you aren't the best DB ever.

It's a NY thing.  They want so bad to be noticed and keep up with the Giants as the lead dog in NY, they'll throw anything at the wall, hoping it sticks.

Revis then fed off it, used to his advantage, then started holding out, grabbing hammies, getting an attitude and blowing out his ACL.

This guy is a HOF DB and one of the best ever? Really? That's insulting to actual HOF DBs.

It makes me appreciate someone like Law a lot more, too.  Revis isn't even on the Law level yet in terms of impact or consistency/staying on the field, and hasn't shown up in big games, mostly because Revis's salary has made it hard for the Jets to try to complete building their team from 2010-2012, and into 2013.

The Jets fans were warned, but they just wanted to ride this ridiculous premise of "Revis is the best player ever" rhetoric for attention and attention only.

Arrogance? Perhaps. However, you mean like Brady (Not you) widely considered in PATS-land as the no-contest greatest QB ever? Couldn't they at least say he was oneof the greatest and leave it at that? That the PATS are the greatest team in football history, Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Colts, Dolphins, Bears not-withstanding?

BTW, you think the experts think Law  is better? Do you have any links of this ilk? 

What do I need links for?  I go by facts.  Law's progression in the NFL (arguably in a worse situation with the entire coaching staff ripped out from underneath and worseneed just 2 years into his career), is as good or better than Revis's.

Start throwing in the idea, that Law got better and better as his career went, peaking from 1999-2004, and it's beyond arrogant by anyone, including you, to discount that resume and pretend 4 full seasons from Revis and now SB appearances now puts Revis's resume above Law's.

Also, Law changed games. He was a classic gamer. Revis has never really done anything great against elite QBs.

Ever notice that?  He gets a pick 6 against back up QBs like McCown from Jax and it's some kind of a legendary moment for Jets fans. lol

For whatever reason, the media loves to crown one newer or trendy up and coming CB as the bestest. It happened with Bailey, then it happened with Revis.  2 years from now, it will be someone else.

Partly Valid; except, once again, you need to recheck what Revis has done. And Elite QBs wouldn't dare test him. The only time I saw him burned was vs the Pats; with a bad hammy.

Dude, come on. That's the only time you saw Revis beat? Come on. This is what I mean right here.

Stevie Johnson notoriously has Revis's number.  Fact is, Revis looks great when up against an average or bad QB.  Of course those QBs try to avoid him. 

we get it Revis was a Jet and went to the Bucs...if he was a Pat or the Pats acquired himhe would be the greatest who ever lived

amazing how u are sooo over the top u undermine ur own arguements-yeah revis is only great against "average or bad" qbs....and the pats/bellichick are only good b/c they have brady and play in a crap division for the last 10 years plus-see I can do this too

best pure one-on-one shutdown corner since Deon Sanders

Excuse me?  Because I don't annoint players who have only played 4 full seasons in their career and I don't like selfish, primadonnas, this means I undermine my analysis?

I've never said anything more than Revis is one of the elite CBs.  If you think I am going to put Revis above Ty Law, you're out of your mind.

At least wanted to win, was a gamer in big games and actually played elite against the elite QBs and offenses.

Wake me when Revis does this.

Revis is not Patriot material for these above reasons.  I have been very consistent with my analysis. He's a loser. Always has been, always will be. An entitled loser like his uncle, Sean Gilbert.

Remember him? Yeah. He didn't play on good teams or play in big games either, because he cared MORE about how much money he could make vs  making the commitment to win.

No thanks.

I believe Sean Gilbert thought he was a HOFer at one point, too. LOL

1. Beyond Ridiculous

2. He has

Then, why do all the highlights of his INTS come against crappy QBs? Seriously. Watch the highlight reels they use for him on NFLN or ESPN today.  It's actually kind of funny to see if they show one clip where he picks a good QB. Nope, didn't see one.   I have seen the better QBs torch him, though.

INTs vs a Jason Campbell, Fitzpatrick or the back up in Arizona who isn't even there anymore, etc.

It's actually pretty funny. I kept looking for even an average QB. One of the picks he caught bounced off someone's helmet and directed 90 degrees to him. lol

And yes, Revis can't hold Law's jockstrap through this point of their careers. Law actually played full seasons through his first 6 seasons.

They're rookie years are comparable, but that is about it.

Obviously, you're looking at the wrong highlight films; it appears you're dreaming up all these torches as well; you're in the extreme minority otherwise. FWIW, he is widely considered the best defender in the NFL, whether you like it or not.

That PATs hat may be wound too tight; (BTW, one of Law's All-Pro selections was as a Jet)

I should have known better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

no way...TL was part of a great D and had a lot of help up front.

You of course realize that the first year that Revis was considered to be the top corner in the NFL (2009) he played on statistically one of the better defenses in the past decade.  Brilliant analysis on your part yet again.

missed the point again and i was just waiting for one of u geniuses to bring that up

as i said Revis played outside any scheme or defensive plan unlike Law and others-Rex Ryan put in different D plays and changed the D to fit that weeks opponent BUT Revis was not part of this-all Ryan did was put revis one-on-one against the opponents top WR then he went about game planning and using whatever scheme he was using that week/month/year...get it?

Revis's assignment didn't change regardless of what went on around him on his own D and what the opponents were doing-he just took the top WR one on one and took him out of the game-when they threw at him of course

and Revis's performance as the top shut down corner did not rise or fall with his D because he did not depend on it-unlike Ty Law

boy that was easy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Beyond ridiculous; I suggest you recheck his #s and film. Some say  he was the greatest DB ever. While that may be premature. he's a lock for the HOF if he should return even 90% of what he was.

Those people are dumb.  Sanders was a better DB.  Why?  Because he had the coverage ability and was electric with the ball in his hands.  Guy had 9 INT for TD and 9 return TDs in his career.  He put the fear in offenses because of his ability to take it to the house.  Revis is a great player, but he is overrated if people think he is the best DB ever.

Exactly. It's a NY arrogance.   Also, if Stevie Johnson abuses you with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball, you aren't the best DB ever.

It's a NY thing.  They want so bad to be noticed and keep up with the Giants as the lead dog in NY, they'll throw anything at the wall, hoping it sticks.

Revis then fed off it, used to his advantage, then started holding out, grabbing hammies, getting an attitude and blowing out his ACL.

This guy is a HOF DB and one of the best ever? Really? That's insulting to actual HOF DBs.

It makes me appreciate someone like Law a lot more, too.  Revis isn't even on the Law level yet in terms of impact or consistency/staying on the field, and hasn't shown up in big games, mostly because Revis's salary has made it hard for the Jets to try to complete building their team from 2010-2012, and into 2013.

The Jets fans were warned, but they just wanted to ride this ridiculous premise of "Revis is the best player ever" rhetoric for attention and attention only.

Arrogance? Perhaps. However, you mean like Brady (Not you) widely considered in PATS-land as the no-contest greatest QB ever? Couldn't they at least say he was oneof the greatest and leave it at that? That the PATS are the greatest team in football history, Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Colts, Dolphins, Bears not-withstanding?

BTW, you think the experts think Law  is better? Do you have any links of this ilk? 

What do I need links for?  I go by facts.  Law's progression in the NFL (arguably in a worse situation with the entire coaching staff ripped out from underneath and worseneed just 2 years into his career), is as good or better than Revis's.

Start throwing in the idea, that Law got better and better as his career went, peaking from 1999-2004, and it's beyond arrogant by anyone, including you, to discount that resume and pretend 4 full seasons from Revis and now SB appearances now puts Revis's resume above Law's.

Also, Law changed games. He was a classic gamer. Revis has never really done anything great against elite QBs.

Ever notice that?  He gets a pick 6 against back up QBs like McCown from Jax and it's some kind of a legendary moment for Jets fans. lol

For whatever reason, the media loves to crown one newer or trendy up and coming CB as the bestest. It happened with Bailey, then it happened with Revis.  2 years from now, it will be someone else.

Partly Valid; except, once again, you need to recheck what Revis has done. And Elite QBs wouldn't dare test him. The only time I saw him burned was vs the Pats; with a bad hammy.

Dude, come on. That's the only time you saw Revis beat? Come on. This is what I mean right here.

Stevie Johnson notoriously has Revis's number.  Fact is, Revis looks great when up against an average or bad QB.  Of course those QBs try to avoid him. 

we get it Revis was a Jet and went to the Bucs...if he was a Pat or the Pats acquired himhe would be the greatest who ever lived

amazing how u are sooo over the top u undermine ur own arguements-yeah revis is only great against "average or bad" qbs....and the pats/bellichick are only good b/c they have brady and play in a crap division for the last 10 years plus-see I can do this too

best pure one-on-one shutdown corner since Deon Sanders

Excuse me?  Because I don't annoint players who have only played 4 full seasons in their career and I don't like selfish, primadonnas, this means I undermine my analysis?

I've never said anything more than Revis is one of the elite CBs.  If you think I am going to put Revis above Ty Law, you're out of your mind.

At least wanted to win, was a gamer in big games and actually played elite against the elite QBs and offenses.

Wake me when Revis does this.

Revis is not Patriot material for these above reasons.  I have been very consistent with my analysis. He's a loser. Always has been, always will be. An entitled loser like his uncle, Sean Gilbert.

Remember him? Yeah. He didn't play on good teams or play in big games either, because he cared MORE about how much money he could make vs  making the commitment to win.

No thanks.

I believe Sean Gilbert thought he was a HOFer at one point, too. LOL

1. Beyond Ridiculous

2. He has

Then, why do all the highlights of his INTS come against crappy QBs? Seriously. Watch the highlight reels they use for him on NFLN or ESPN today.  It's actually kind of funny to see if they show one clip where he picks a good QB. Nope, didn't see one.   I have seen the better QBs torch him, though.

INTs vs a Jason Campbell, Fitzpatrick or the back up in Arizona who isn't even there anymore, etc.

It's actually pretty funny. I kept looking for even an average QB. One of the picks he caught bounced off someone's helmet and directed 90 degrees to him. lol

And yes, Revis can't hold Law's jockstrap through this point of their careers. Law actually played full seasons through his first 6 seasons.

They're rookie years are comparable, but that is about it.

Obviously, you're looking at the wrong highlight films; it appears you're dreaming up all these torchesas well; you're in the extreme minority otherwise. FWIW, he is widely considered the best defender in the NFL, whether you like it or not.

That PATs hat may be wound too tight; (BTW, one of Law's All-Pro selections was as a Jet)

I should have known better.

Rusty DEMOLISHED...again!

oh and add in all his sychophants and alter egos in that demolishing...got that pcm??

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You of course realize that the first year that Revis was considered to be the top corner in the NFL (2009) he played on statistically one of the better defenses in the past decade.  Brilliant analysis on your part yet again.

missed the point again and i was just waiting for one of u geniuses to bring that up

as i said Revis played outside any scheme or defensive plan unlike Law and others-Rex Ryan put in different D plays and changed the D to fit that weeks opponent BUT Revis was not part of this-all Ryan did was put revis one-on-one against the opponents top WR then he went about game planning and using whatever scheme he was using that week/month/year...get it?

Revis's assignment didn't change regardless of what went on around him on his own D and what the opponents were doing-he just took the top WR one on one and took him out of the game-when they threw at him of course

and Revis's performance as the top shut down corner did not rise or fall with his D because he did not depend on it-unlike Ty Law

boy that was easy!

Correct; I'm not sure how Law was used in the BB scheme however

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

LOL

Does TB have a QB they like?   They aren't going anywhere in that division until that happens, courtesy of Brees and Matt Ryan.

Revis never affected the Pats much in the last 2-3 years here, dude. The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.   Looking for forward to the Falcons WRs and Saints WRs do a number on him on that astro turf.

I'll wait for the final package but that 1st rder is too much to give up when you're going to need to pay him 15 million per year.  We also have no idea how he'll look coming off the ACL.

Good job by the Jets to fleeece TB, if the package does include a 1st.  They would have otherwise rented Revis for a year for absolutely nothing.  They have to move him. I am not sure who is taking the stupid pills down in TB, but all the power to the Jets to rid themselves of that headache and move on.

No one else is bidding, so poor understanding of the market by TB.

Now, it's a question if NY blows 2 1st rd draft choices in 2013 or not. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOYMQxwSORo

I think you are being unfair here. He is the top CB is the NFL. If he says healthy he will be a HOFer. He gets paid, the Jets get the pick, and the Bucs have a non-guarented contract. It really works for everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

boy that was easy!

Correct; I'm not sure how Law was used in the BB scheme however

You say "correct" but Gunty doesn't even explain what his point is.  Law once had 3 INTs vs Gomer Manning in the 2003 AFC title game simply by playing man and zone so well, it confused Manning.

Revis tries to play it and he gets torched by Welker out of halftime in 2011. lol

Please stop trying to pretend that Revis is used vastly differently or in a superior fashion than Law.

You NY types are unbelievable with the arrogance sometimes.

Once again, he had a bad hammy in that game. Until Stevie Johnson, I never saw him torched otherwise. The way he was used as on the Jets as indicated by 42AND46 is exactly the way it was described today on ESPN Radio AND Mike Francesa. So much for your informed opinions.

Loosen that PATs hat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

LOL

Does TB have a QB they like?   They aren't going anywhere in that division until that happens, courtesy of Brees and Matt Ryan.

Revis never affected the Pats much in the last 2-3 years here, dude. The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.   Looking for forward to the Falcons WRs and Saints WRs do a number on him on that astro turf.

I'll wait for the final package but that 1st rder is too much to give up when you're going to need to pay him 15 million per year.  We also have no idea how he'll look coming off the ACL.

Good job by the Jets to fleeece TB, if the package does include a 1st.  They would have otherwise rented Revis for a year for absolutely nothing.  They have to move him. I am not sure who is taking the stupid pills down in TB, but all the power to the Jets to rid themselves of that headache and move on.

I think you are being unfair here. He is the top CB is the NFL. If he says healthy he will be a HOFer. He gets paid, the Jets get the pick, and the Bucs have a non-guarented contract. It really works for everyone.

Ya think?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

LOL

agree with all this-well said bosox!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

First off, the non-guaranteed part of his deal is really a crock because TB gave up a 1st for him.

You aren't giving up a 1st and renting him for 1 or 2 years.

He'll get the 16 mil per and be there for years destroying their cap and quite possibly, looking to hold their feet to the fire as well.

Most overrated player in the NFL in years. Years. To say  player who has only played 4 full years out of 6 to be a HOFer is outrageous, too. It's insulting to all the HOF greats at the position.

We don't even know how he'll look off the ACL injury. He's always thought he's been better than he really is, as well. 

Tonight, he seriously said "The Jets lied to me".  He plays the victim role, while being entitled and arrogant.  

Arguably the biggest primadonna in the league outside of Terrell Owens.

like talking to a rock though the rock is more open-minded

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Agree about his personality. According to Stephen Smith, his agent is even worse, a real horror. Although the Jets are a dysfunctional mess, any team in this position would have dealt him as a result, ACL or not.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There is some truth to what you say. And like I posted before, if he doesn't come back well from the injury, there's no HOF for him; he's not Gale Sayers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Leave it to rusty to try and downplay the ability and talent of Revis. You can't make this stuff up - the guy that stocks the Tylenol at CVS is now capable of evaluating the talent of NFL cornerbacks. Hey rust, make it easy on yourself and listen to what everyone in the world says about Revis...the guy is pretty darn good.