Revis Vs. Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Revis Vs. Moss

We have a potential JETS/PATS match up in the first round of playoffs. As much as I hate Jets, I should say that Darrelle Revis is one tough son of a gun! Jets got a blockbuster 1st round player and a legitimate shutdown corner. it won't be long before opposing QBs stop throwing anything on his side ala' Asamougha. We know that he was covering Moss extremely well in both the games. What do you think BB will do to negate that? IMO, we should play like we did against Jags. No long bombs to Moss, unless he is REALLY open. Move the chains with the running game/Welker/TEs and target Moss in the red zone. It practically impossible to cover great receivers in red zone/short yardage situation and all TB has to do it sling it up and hopefully Moss will do the rest! May or may not work, but I do feel that Revis can frustrate Moss by shadowing him!
    Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Revis Vs. Moss

While I don't want to jump the gun on a match up with the Jets, I agree about Revis.  He is a special player.  

However, I think Moss can do more against him than he has in the two games this season.  He's got a big height advantage and should be able to make some plays.  He just has to keep his head in the game and not get frustrated by the fact that Revis will be on him like a blanket the majority of the time.  

It may only be once or twice during the whole game, but I think he can make a big play that could influence the game.  Revis is great, but Moss is one of the best ever.  If they match up again, it'll be time for him to show it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Revis is a very, very good player, right up there w/ scrabble as the best in the game. The second game he played 81 very good, but not alot of people know that 81 out played him the first game. If you are ever able to watch the all 22 tape make sure you do, its great. Watching that Randy beat his jam, and got a very good first step and beat him off the line almost 70% of the time. The pats need to play this smart, in the past the jets IMHO play into this match-up and make this a "Im is bigger than yours contest". Like I said play this smart, IMHO, the jets top 3 defensive players are Revis, Jenkins, maybe Harris or Rhodes. And they put 2 of them on Moss almost 80% of the time. Other guys need to step up in the playoffs reguardless of who were playing, cause teams like to try and take away your best weapons. "Mini Wes" , Watson, Baker, and the running game are going to be huge in terms of how far we go. Also the biggest key to this and any match-up in the passing game depends on protection, protection, and more protection, plain and simple! Back to the first game 81 beat Revis more than his fair share, but you would never know it because 12 was eating dirt. They had no sacks that game, but hit Brady 21 times, unacceptable.  IMHO how far this team goes depends on two thing and two things only, stopping the run and protecting Brady. Well I guess it would be nice to get some pressure on the opposing QB too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Revis reminds me of a young Ty Law minus the trash talking.  This guy is special and I hate that he wears green.
    I saw yesterday the reception yards of the leagues top receivers that faced him and the numbers are sick! 
    TO and Moss didn't have more than 70 yards in TWO games!  Andre johnson had like 50.
    When is he a FA?! haha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Revis is just plain nasty. He is the best cover corner in the NFL. He is going to take away your #1 target. I see them using Moss in the slot more and moving him in motion trying to get away from Revis and the jam.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If they are going to run Moss on those deep fly patterns all day Revis will be on him. Good cover corners like him or Deion Sanders can guard anyone on those routes. If the Pats want to send Randy across the middle a little bit like they have lately then Randy will have his catches over the course of the game. It's pretty hard to make good Cornerbacks or safeties irrelevant you just have to take what you can get.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Revis is one more example of a player who has been a blockbuster top 15 pick. I guess it is a gamble, you can either get a player like him, or a dud like Ryan Leaf, for that matter, Vernon Gholston. Personally, I would rather Pats take a chance and draft some one who has the potential with the Oakland 2011 pick (it will probably be a top 10). Next year's class is very deep in LBs and DEs, and I wouldn't mind us trading up for a great player. If we keep trading down, we are going to get players like Wilhite, who is just OK, by no means a great corner.
    It will be a big gamble, but one needs to take it to select great players! No doubt that there are going to be miscues, but we have to support the team through it!
    Case in point: Jets 07 first round pick: Darrell Revis-arguably the best corner in NFL
    Jest 08 first round pick: Vernon Gholston- 21 mil in his bank, and 28 tackles to him name in 2 years! That's right! 28 tackles in 2 years! He is being paid almost a cool million/tackle!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

If the jets play the pats in the playoffs, I'm perfectly ok with Revis shutting Moss down again - so long as the Patriots win the game - I don't care who the production comes from.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

He was shut down last game and how did that workout for the Jets:)  They can design plays for Randy if they want like putting him in motion or WR screens or slants or stack receivers.  Or just throw to an open Wes 18 times for 186 yards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

"We know that he was covering Moss extremely well in both the games. What do you think BB will do to negate that?"

Probably the same thing he did last time when we kicked their azz, you moron. If gonna start a post how bout starting an intelligent one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

@ timsandra,
    Go and fcuk your momma and let the real people do the talking! Moron!