Rex Grossman as insurance.@ Backup QB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Rex Grossman as insurance.@ Backup QB

That's Mike Reiss' idea in the latest mailbag, not mine. I usually agree with most of his comments.
    R.G.'s signing might be likened to a Term Life Insurance policy!
     You bought it and hope you never have to use it and at the end you have nothing. Rex Grossman, King of Gross, Gross Rexman, One of the few right handed punters in NFL history.
     Has anyone thought of forgiving M. Vick? Is he available to play.
    Go Pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Re: Rex Grossman as insurance.@ Backup QB

[QUOTE]That's Mike Reiss' idea in the latest mailbag, not mine. I usually agree with most of his comments. R.G.'s signing might be likened to a Term Life Insurance policy!  You bought it and hope you never have to use it and at the end you have nothing. Rex Grossman, King of Gross, Gross Rexman, One of the few right handed punters in NFL history.  Has anyone thought of forgiving M. Vick? Is he available to play. Go Pats
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

Good Post, David

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who cares who the back-up is???? They could bring back Doug Flutie for all I care,so long as Brady's playing there really is no such a thing as a back-up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

I think they stick with O'Connell and Matt G.  They know system and have some upside.  Hopefully all we need out of backup QB spot is some victory formation work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I don`t know who`s available, but this could all go back to my Boller back-up debate on which potential back-up QB is not a complete stiff. It is always a good idea to carry veteran back-up. A) To mop after the Brady Carnage B) Can learn the system quickly C) Can make sure nobody steals Tom or Randy`s parking spot D) Play opposing QB in practice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, if you give Rex a week and a half in the pocket, he has shown he can complete the deep ball three times out of seven.

So there's that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

I think they like and will stay with KO but I think Hoyer will outplay Matt G.
    We may have another gem at QB with KO.
    Matt Cassel turned out to be a gem but I think KO will be a much better QB.
    Isn't it great to be a Pat's fan?  Salary cap and all and we still get richer.
    Go Pat's!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I'd like to have some of what Reiss has been smoking! The only thing Grossman would be insuranse of is missing the playoffs if he had to play! Last offseason everyone was ranting about picking up a veteram QB for "insurance". It got even louder after Cassel's dismal performance in preseason. Then our biggest nightmare came true and they went on to go 11-5 with Cassel. I think BB is a good enough judge on if they need to bring someone in. If O'Connell doesn't "show him something" he'll sign a vet. But if he doesn't I'd take that as a sign O'Connell can run the offense. But in any case there's no way I'd want to see them sign Grossman. I'd rather see Vinnie come out of retirement...again!!! Wheelchair or not!