Rex Ryan = Defense Defense Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Rex Ryan was the DC of the Ravens for years while they did not have a starting QB at the helm. I bring this up because most of us seem to think that just because the Jets are missing a starting QB that they will be push overs and I just dont see that. Ryan knows that although he wont get to the playoffs with out a QB he can still field a competitive team by building his D up the way they did in Baltimore. He could very well let the three young QBs in NY battle it out for the starting job and then put all his hope in the defense. He will survive by doing this, if his D is great year in and year out he will buy himself time until he can get a starting QB the way they did with the Ravens.

I personally think the jets will have a top 10 D next year, they wont make the playoffs and will most likely be last in the Div but the D in NY will be good. I think Ryan is going to try and do the same thing he did with teh Ravens which is no matter how bad the offense might be the D will always be stout, that will be his plan and although it might not work right away I do think in the long run he is a good coach who will make that team better. We can hate the Leons of teh world all we want and the Jets as well but that doesnt mean we cant see a good coach for what he is. At the very least Ryan will get that D in order.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Killa, if the Jets can pull off a deal for Cutler then I'll be concerned. Right now they are looking at last place in the AFC east.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea but their Defense has a lot of upside and if anyone knows how to play football with out a big time starting QB its someone who spent the last 7 years with the Ravens as the only big time QB they ever had was Steve McNair and he lasted like one season. I agree they will be in last place this year but their D could be a tough one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

They were middle of the pack last year (16) so there is a chance they could improve some but it may take a couple of years to brake the top 10, if ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Is Ryan planning on cloning Ray Lewis and Ed Reed?

His father built what might be the best defense ever in Chicago and then flopped spectacularly as a head coach in Philadelphia. Green New Jersey blows, has blown, and will continue to blow until the sun winks out and time stops.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

The Ravens defense was great before Ryan became DC in 2005. Before that, Mike Nolan was the DC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Leon, can you tell us the story how you played center in DIV1 football and played center and then won the national championship, and then won the heisman trophy....and how you invented the nickel defense....Im sure everyone would love to hear that story, its one of my favorites!!!!

Also can you tell us the story why you are infatuated with the patriots, thats another good one

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Leon tell us the story how you played DIV 1 football, and then tell us the story of how you actually have some sort of proof, or you can prove in some way that you played DIV 1 football......that is a story that no one has ever heard. I myself would like to hear that story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Rex Ryan kinda reminds me of Mike Francesca.

Big, fat-headed, loudmouth who thinks he is much smarter and better at what he does than in reality. Let him build his D with Ravens cast-offs all he wants - they still wont scare anybody good. Mark my words, he will be outcoached repeatedly this year and will become an embarrasment by Week 12.

In short, he fits like a glove over there in JERSEY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Why would someone give out information!!!!! HMMMM!

Leon without proof, its all a bunch of stories!!!! But your good at stories. Your whole pitiful life is based around stories and lies. Can you tell us more stories mother goose. Tell us the one how you challenged Matt Hughes to a UFC match, that was a good one.

When it was first thought that the Earth was the center of the universe, a scientist built a telescope to PROVE that the sun was. What do all scientists do when they research and do an experiment? They provide proof to support their evidence or research or its just considered a
    THEORY.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Looks like someone got under Leons skin hmmm poor little baby doesnt like it when he is asked to back up his bull sh*t

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Im the type of person that needs PROOF of something. Sorry I just wont take your word for it. As they say, "the proof is in the pudding".....I need proof, facts........Unless you just want to tell us another story, I like stories, they're cool!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Defense improves. Still no Lewis, no Reed and no QB = losses against Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I 100% agree that the Jets will be the last place team in the AFC East this year but I do not agree that they will all around awful. I think Rex Ryan is going to make his living on the back of his Defense. I am not saying he will win ball games I am just saying he will hang his hat on that defense, thats how he will collect his pay check and i think in the end his long term plan might work. he can bid his time until he gets a good QB by maintaining a top end defense. IF he can do that he might hang on long enough to get himself a QB and then who knows. I agree that without Ed Reed and Ray Lewis it wont be as easy as it was with teh Ravens, hell i am not even saying this is a lock i am just saying i am not ready to assume he will fall on his face yet. I have always liked him as a coach and thought he deserved a shot at a HC job and now that he has one i just dont want to assume he will fail.

I also know that Marvin Lewis has done a bad job since leaving teh Ravens for the Bungles and I know Steve Nolan fell on his face in San Fran so Im know he could follow that trend and i could be way off but i am not going to sit here and act like its written in stone that he will not do a good job, the guy is a good coach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

Wait, this is way too funny...
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Leon played DIV 1 football...

And he doesnt have proof...

What a complete tool bag...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Taz,

I'm really (sort of) not rooting for the guy to fail, just something about him wreaks of failure at this level. I'll give him this - his best quality is that he is brimming with confidence and that will likely rub off on his players, which could lead to some wins. He seems like a real players coach. However, confidence will only get you so far in this league and it just feels like he is Mangina II (also supremely confident).

Or more likely - he'll be the Francesca of NFL head coaches, a fat-headed over-confident blowhard. I'm going with that until he wins a few games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Philly i agree that he will lose his fair share of games, hell they might not even win 5 games this year i am on board with what your saying all i am saying is this guy knows that if he hangs his hat on that D losing wont matter right away. He can buy himself time for a few years if he is able to put together a top 10 defense year in and year out which i think he can do. Mangina left him the tools and he added some good guys on top of that. If he learned anything in Baltimore its that even without winning, even without a starting QB a coach can keep his job if he has something to hang his hat on and it was the D in Baltimore for years and it kept Brian Bullick in the job for years and now he is planning on doing teh same thing in NY. I am not saying his plan will work but i do think that this is the way he will run his show.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

I think the difference between Marvin Lewis and Mike Nolan is that Ryan is actually taking over a team that has some talent and should have made the playoffs last year. It shouldnt take much to lead the Jets to the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

HE BETTER GET SOME DEFENSE . THE PAST ARE GOING TO ABUSE THE PI$$ OUT OF THE JETS AND THERE TEAM. THE OFFENSE IS STACKED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM AND WE DON'T HAVE A GAME FOR A WHILE...............

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

From Pro Football Weekly:

“(Ravens GM) Ozzie Newsome had a chance to elevate (Ravens defensive coordinator) Rex Ryan to head coach last year, and he didn’t do it. What does that tell you? Ozzie is one of the sharpest football guys I know. I don’t care what anyone in that organization says about Rex — I didn’t even have to ask the question. They answered it for me. (Like) Wade Phillips (and) Romeo Crennel, some guys are just meant to be lifelong coordinators.”

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Its a bit too early for you to throw him in teh same boat with Romeo or Wade and its also too early to write off Romeo, i bet you said the same thing about Belichick after he left the Browns. Romeo could still find the right job and be a good head coach or not but its too early to write him off. If Rex gets 3 years and sucks all 3 years trhen sure throw him in with those other guys but right now you are just ASSUMING that because the Ravens didnt think he was the right man for their team that he will be a bad coach? Do you have any idea how many other Head Coaches got passed over before going on to become hall of fame coaches? Mike Shanahan was passed over by teh Raiders and then went on to win two super bowls, Bill Belichick was passed over many times before he got another shot from teh Pats and he won 3 titles in 4 years. Just this past year Ken Whissenhunt took his team to the super bowl only two years after teh Steelers didnt think he was the right man to run their franchise. so you quote means jack sh*t.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

Taz,

I cannot ague your point one bit. If Rex's #1 asset is his glaring (over)confidence, than his #2 asset is that he definately has an angle - he will live and die with his D. He will find that patience is one thing he definately left behind in Baltimore. Jersey fans will be screaming for his head if he doesn't produce THIS SEASON, you know it's true.

Hey, I guess it seems that being the HC of an NFL team is alot like scoring with chicks. Team up brazen confidence with a hard angle on something (no matter how unfounded) and you're "In Like Flynn".