Rex Ryan... movie star, defensive guru

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Rex Ryan... movie star, defensive guru

Can you reverse the roles and picture BB acting as a jets fan...?  How can a football team take  this clown seriously . 

He calls out his QB for "the dumbest timeout in history ".

He tells a fan to ST. F.UP when he was told BB was better than him .

He begged other teams  to help out and beat NE as if he assumed he would beat NE this year .  ( When I heard this one I wished someone stood up and asked ...  "you know it's entirely possible that you never beat NE again ... ")

In the  biggest game of the year his vaunted defensive team gets crushed 37-16 at home to NE

I think he's one more gaffe(or loss to Denver ...?) away from looking for a DC job .

Ryan is the JOKE that :

The first time (year) ... It's funny. You dig it.

The second time (year)..It's played. You tolerate it.

The third time (this year)...It's stupid.You (his  players) can't wait for the season to end to get away from the buffoon.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Rex Ryan... movie star, defensive guru

In Response to Re: Rex Ryan... movie star, defensive guru:
    [QUOTE] Hey I named my dog rex ryan and he seems to well adjusted,maybe you should adjust your knobs.
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call her a dog. maybe you can adjust  her knobs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

he is a big funny guy with a great personality, who enjoys himself and the game.  Besides, he isn't a mean guy and he is a good coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]he is a big funny guy with a great personality, who enjoys himself and the game.  Besides, he isn't a mean guy and he is a good coach.
    Posted by dogbones[/QUOTE]

OK... Except he did this movie gig right in the middle of the season before a big game ...

It's not a stretch to think his players were distracted by this kooky behavior .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex Ryan... movie star, defensive guru : OK... Except he did this movie gig right in the middle of the season before a big game ... It's not a stretch to think his players were distracted by this kooky behavior .
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE

I'll drink a toe to that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]he is a big funny guy with a great personality, who enjoys himself and the game.  Besides, he isn't a mean guy and he is a good coach.
    Posted by dogbones[/QUOTE]

Your avatar gives all the answer that needs to be given to what you just posted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't really have a problem with it. His act can get old, but I think people who take themselves too seriously are more annoying. BB wouldn't do something like that (IMO) but it's not like one way is right and one is wrong, they are just being themselves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE] Hey I named my dog rex ryan and he seems to well adjusted,maybe you should adjust your knobs.

Dogs also lick their own dicks and butts. Yup you're right just like Rex

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

As much as I hate the Jets, I have to admit - Ryan is a pretty good coach. When we have said time and again that "this time their egos will implode" or "they're going away" he seems to be able to save their team. He also has coached some of the best defenses in the game over the last half decade.

I think he would benefit greatly from shutting up sometimes, but he does keep the game interesting - he's placed himself as the "enemy" even above the Jets being the enemy. He's the guy who we love to hate. The guy who brags too much and talks too loud. But he can also be pretty funny and does seem to have a thick skin (no pun intended) when people jab back at him.

I also think that he is done with Sanchez based on his comments. I can't blame him - Sanchez makes rookie mistakes and shows bad decision making pretty regularly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]As much as I hate the Jets, I have to admit - Ryan is a pretty good coach. When we have said time and again that "this time their egos will implode" or "they're going away" he seems to be able to save their team. He also has coached some of the best defenses in the game over the last half decade. I think he would benefit greatly from shutting up sometimes, but he does keep the game interesting - he's placed himself as the "enemy" even above the Jets being the enemy. He's the guy who we love to hate. The guy who brags too much and talks too loud. But he can also be pretty funny and does seem to have a thick skin (no pun intended) when people jab back at him. I also think that he is done with Sanchez based on his comments. I can't blame him - Sanchez makes rookie mistakes and shows bad decision making pretty regularly.
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]

History has shown that being a great OC or DC doesn't mean you'll be a great head coach. All Rex has proven so far is he's a great head coach if you value entertainment over championships.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Doesn't anyone see the irony in Adam Sandler casting Roach Ryan ( that's what my 9 yr.old calls him) as a PATS fan. Sandler grew up in NH! I think he did it to humiliate the bafoon, I know he does enough on his own but I think Sandler is laughing his a€€ off! Ryan is just to stupid to notice.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

You sure those knobs are adjustable, they don't look big enough

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Agreed that the most annoying things about hating the jets is how they somehow find a way to get up off the mat... Just when you think they should go away...
    You can look at that as a credit to the coach, which it is partially.  I think that is more about the players being good.

then why were they knocked down in the first place ...?  Bad coaching /leadership ?

maybe that's the strategy ... Make your team play like crap so they will respond to the "everyone thinks we suck..."  angle.

they have managed to come back from the dead the past 2 years ... This year maybe they realize they're pretenders not contenders .

Response to Re: Rex Ryan... movie star, defensive guru:
    [QUOTE]As much as I hate the Jets, I have to admit - Ryan is a pretty good coach. When we have said time and again that "this time their egos will implode" or "they're going away" he seems to be able to save their team. He also has coached some of the best defenses in the game over the last half decade. I think he would benefit greatly from shutting up sometimes, but he does keep the game interesting - he's placed himself as the "enemy" even above the Jets being the enemy. He's the guy who we love to hate. The guy who brags too much and talks too loud. But he can also be pretty funny and does seem to have a thick skin (no pun intended) when people jab back at him. I also think that he is done with Sanchez based on his comments. I can't blame him - Sanchez makes rookie mistakes and shows bad decision making pretty regularly.
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

lame that he likes multiple teams w different cities?  I enjoyed hakeem olajuwon and think he's the best center to ever play the game.  SO i followed the houston rockets.  Once he retired I never watched again.  So there are reasons to venture out.  hakeem was too damn good to not watch. 
    Drew bledsoe brought me to the pats and i grew to hate his arsse.  was mad when brady named starter after steelers post game and i was wrong.

to me picking home state teams makes you simple minded like a democrat

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]lame that he likes multiple teams w different cities?  I enjoyed hakeem olajuwon and think he's the best center to ever play the game.  SO i followed the houston rockets.  Once he retired I never watched again.  So there are reasons to venture out.  hakeem was too damn good to not watch.  Drew bledsoe brought me to the pats and i grew to hate his arsse.  was mad when brady named starter after steelers post game and i was wrong. to me picking home state teams makes you simple minded like a democrat
    Posted by ssmilloy36[/QUOTE]

I don't think it makes you simple minded. For years the only game in town was some NFC team (different every week) and you had to fight the rabbit ears to watch, or stand on the roof turning an hollering. Then came the "60's" and the AFL was born and we got our own team, "The Boston Patriots", the only good thing Billy Sullivan did in his whole life. Let me tell you there were some lean years leading up to the Kraft dynasty, yes he sat on the cold aluminum benches. Hell before that you had to scramble to find out where the game was being played.I don't care what super star comes or goes, you'll never make me feel guilty for loving my Patriots.. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex Ryan... movie star, defensive guru : History has shown that being a great OC or DC doesn't mean you'll be a great head coach. All Rex has proven so far is he's a great head coach if you value entertainment over championships.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Proof:

Uncle Norvie Turner
    Dave "Where is he now???" Wandstat
    Chan "Mr Perpetual Retread" Gaily
    Man Genius
    "Yes, An individual man CAN take down an entire organization" Daniels
    Charlie Weiss
    Romeo Crenell

Like that great movie line: A man's GOT to know his limitations!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

You forgot one more role... Camera 'ho.  The guy just loves having cameras shoved in his face, and will do whatever it takes to keep it that way.