Rex Ryan stated the jets will win the superbowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Rex Ryan stated the jets will win the superbowl

will someone please put him,and the jets out of there miseries.they get a free pass into the playoffs,and now he thinks they are the team to beat.he quotes[we have the no.1 defense.we have the no.1 scoreing defense.we have the no.1 rushing offense.where were they when the games counted,and teams were playing for something?instaed of there final two teams not playing there starters or showing there hand.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Rex Ryan stated the jets will win the superbowl

Well, he is partially right, they won in September!!  he has his dates confused!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Well, that does it for me. Rex Ryan is the smartest human being on the face of the Planet and if he says it, it's gold to me. A lot of people are assuming the Jets are going to beat Cincy because of the way the game looked last week but I expect Ryan to be assuming his natural pose in the Locker room after the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Rex is a sad dude with some bad dreams, See his lame lines-see his pipe-dreams; His feats-exterior like a talk head, Words-interior balk 'nough said; He should excercise more, be made to go to phys.ed., Myths about his men, Is how he gets ahead; Poor playas will get beat by Our killas in 'der sleep, With the guts of Team and our hall 'a fame QB; So He shouldn't run around sayin' raspy smack, boastin' harmless flak; He should think about it, take a second, Matter fact-He should take 3 MossE, 'cause our Pats got dat in Superbowl Rings. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

This was three weeks ago.....what a fool

Rex Ryan claims Jets are out of playoffs, but team is still a wild-card longshot with two games left

Originally Published:Sunday, December 20th 2009, 4:12 PM
    Updated: Sunday, December 20th 2009, 11:03 PM

Mark Sanchez's three interceptions, kicking team problems and a late Falcons score, combine for Jets' 10-7 loss Sunday.
    Sabo/News
    Mark Sanchez's three interceptions, kicking team problems and a late Falcons score, combine for Jets' 10-7 loss Sunday.
    Falcons QB Matt Ryan throws game-winning touchdown pass to Tony Gonzalez.
    Sabo/News
    Falcons QB Matt Ryan throws game-winning touchdown pass to Tony Gonzalez.

Shortly after his team re-created a performance from the "Same Old Jets" handbook, straight from the ever-growing chapter entitled, "Unfathomable Losses," Ryan waved the surrender flag. Called it a season with two games to go.

"We're obviously out of the playoffs, and that's unfortunate," he said after a devastating yet oh-so-predictable 10-7 loss to the Falcons Sunday at the frigid Meadowlands.

Uh, just one thing, coach: You're still not mathematically eliminated.

As crazy as it seems, the Jets (7-7) still have the longest of shots in the AFC wild-card race. Then again, maybe premature concession was a fitting way to cap the afternoon; it was just another mistake in a day filled with them.

Or maybe Ryan was simply too demoralized after watching a three-hour clinic on how not to win big December games.

With everything at stake, against a dome team that had been eliminated Saturday night from postseason contention, the Jets were exposed as frauds. Mark Sanchez threw his 18th, 19th and 20th interceptions, the field-goal unit made like the Keystone Kops and botched three attempts and, in the final indignity, Ryan's vaunted defense forgot to cover the most prolific pass-catching tight end in NFL history on the biggest play of the game.

Claiming "we knew the exact play that was coming" on fourth down from their 6, Ryan called a "loaded zone coverage," with three defenders around Tony Gonzalez. It was a triangle look, but one of the "sides," nickel back Donald Strickland, failed to pinch in. Matt Ryanrecognized it immediately and fired a touchdown dart with 1:38 left in the game, the third time the Jets have blown a fourth-quarter lead.

"I left the window opened," Strickland said. "It feels like I let my team down."

The Jets were No.1 in total defense and they held the Falcons to 165 yards in offense for 57 minutes, but they failed once again to close the deal. Needing only one stop, they allowed the Falcons to march 73 yards in 11 plays, including two third-and-long conversions to wide-open receivers.

They contained Gonzalez (three catches for 32 yards) all day with single coverage by safety Kerry Rhodes, but the Jets went to a zone with the season on the line - and Rhodes wasn't involved in the coverage on the future Hall of Famer.

"It doesn't get much more frustrating than losing games like this, and we've managed to make a habit out of it," said safety Jim Leonhard, who was responsible for the over-the-top coverage on Gonzalez on the fateful play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Yeah, but he also pooped in his pants when the Dolts pulled Manning and company...7th grade physics: equal and opposite reaction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Thats good enough for me....My house has been mortgaged and all personal belongings sold...Tomorrow I fly to Vegas and put it all on the 50-1 Jets to win the bowl......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

He talks a lot between meals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

"Solo, Pass me that bowl of frogs" (Jabba the hut)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Rex the Hex

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I don't think he's too far off.  I'm seeing the Pats beating the Jets in the AFC Championship game.  This week Revis can shut down Ochochinco, and the rest of the D can put plenty of preasure on Palmer and Benson.  The Bengals defensive strength is in the passing game, which the Jets won't need to contest b/c they can run on the Bengals.  And come on, as much as you want to degrade the Jets for the way they got in, and for the general crappiness of their coach this year, wouldn't that just be perfect if they are the team that beats the Colts in the Colts first game of the playoffs?  Then if the Pats can beat the Ravens, which will be tough but possible, and if they can find a way to overcome the Chargers, then imagine they come home to Foxboro for the championship game to find that to qualify for the superbowl they need to defeat the Jets!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

As much as I hate the Jets...

(a) I would LOVE to play for a coach like Rex Ryan.  As a matter of fact, I DID play for a coach like Rex Ryan.  His name was Coach Craig Sherman, former head coach at Old Rochester Regional High School, and the last I knew he's now the defensive line coach at Mass Maritime Academy.  Both are coaches who encourage you to have passion for the game and who wanted players to play with an attitude and an edge.  When Coach Sherman said he was literally wiling to fight for us, we believed him (and when a player lost eligibility, he frequently did).

(b) I would like to see the Jets beat the Colts, who could have eliminated the Jets from playoff contention by playing 4 quarters of football.  Yes, they earned the right to rest, but there were consequences that came with that decision (in bold for you, underdoggg).  One of them was letting the best pass defense in the league into the playoffs, a defense they might have to face (and one that has a cornerback in Revis who can essentially remove Reggie Wayne from the game)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's nothing short of stunning, the amount of Green New Jersey love that has been surfacing on this board of late. But go ahead and root for them, if that's what you've always secretly wanted to do. No skin off our backs. Know this, however: That team that blew its lunch all over itself at home against the Falcons in the last game which actually featured an opponent -- that's Green New Jersey. This team that has happily skipped over two teams that didn't bother to show up, that is a figment of Pyrex Ryan's imagination.

The Jests are going nowhere but home for Martin Luther King Day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

I'm no fan of the Jets, that'sfor sure, but Fat Rex does provide more entertainment for the masses thru his quotes than our boy Bill. Here's to you Rex. Eat another dozen doughnuts, LOL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

They're a good team, they're not a great team.  They have a so-so shot at winning the first game in Cincy.  I think the Vegas point spread isn't that far off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Not if we bench Wilhite.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r. Show Hammah29r's posts

if my memory serves me right, wasn't there steeler coach with a slightly protruding chin that mentioned making airline reservations before a pretty big game?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Rex must be really good friends with Ricky Williamns and must have hit Ricky's stash one too many times.

I like the confidence but I rather let the play on the field talk.  Nothing like not saying a thing but standing over a guy looking down at him after you smack him on the mouth.  Rex is just d um s enough to still say I'm kicking your .. from down here or wait no he had already quit on the team's chances on the playoffs.

He's as lucky as he is fat.

I hate the Jets but have to give them this, aside from coach and INTQB their D and running attack are playoff caliber.  If it was any other coach I would say yes they make a SB run but he will mess it up.  Players play but play within a scheme of their coaches' planning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"They're a good team, they're not a great team."  Probably true, but it's not about how good you are, but how well you match up against the teams you are playing against. The Jets are vulnerable to teams that can stop the run and then bring heat on the pass rush to force Sanchez into rookie mistakes. Fortunately for the Jets, the Bengals aren't that kind of a team. The Colts have the pass rush but aren't that great against the run. I expect the Jets to beat the Bengals and give the Colts a game. The Chargers might be tougher for the Jets due to their ability to run up the score quickly and then force Jets into a passing game, but we'll see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Jet's winning the Superbowl???????
    What, are the Patriots,Cinn.,Ravens,Indy,SD., and the NFC champs ALLLLLL going to lie down for them?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

ahoLEON, How are  ya

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Aholeon am I under your slimly skin? am I? am I? LOL!   does your coach know he has a game Saturday? He thought the Jests were done 3 weeks ago what a fool.

Go eat a hot dog.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Maybe the jets will lose again because someone will pull the fire alarm in their hotel!!....This according to leon of course, no link, no proof like usual.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I cant stand Rex Ryan. I even hated his father.