Rex Ryan to Revis: Let's Cancel Practice and Meet Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Rex Ryan to Revis: Let's Cancel Practice and Meet Up

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5455164

"This is what I would like to have happen," said Ryan, whose proposed plan was scripted. "Everybody put their cards on the table. Have Darrelle come here with anybody he wants. We'll have Mr. Johnson here ... We'll call off practice. We'll have our whole team there to meet.

"That way, there's no he-said, she-said. Let's work it that way. Maybe that's how we'll get a solution. Everybody wants a solution. Let's figure out a way to do it. Maybe this is the way."

Ryan said he's "absolutely serious."

This gets more and more comical. CALL OFF PRACTICE? HAUL YOUR ENTIRE TEAM IN TO MEET WITH A PLAYER THAT WANTS MAX MONEY? I swear, you can't make this stuff up, folks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: Rex Ryan to Revis: Let's Cancel Practice and Meet Up

I love it too.  Glad you guys are as entertained as I am.  See you in week 2.  Better bring your lunchbox because it is going to be that type of a game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/81110-Coach-Ryans-Press-Conference/4834c8fe-ad0e-4a86-93de-a39f11f24a01

if you have 15 minutes to kill, it is quite entertaining.  I wouldnt trade him for old hoody.  paranoia will destroy ya, lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

His whole secretive nature.  His press conferences.  His injury reports.  If he hates what this game has become, he can leave.  There was a thread here not too long ago about how superstar athletes are looked upto as role models and that they cannot just come in and be an professional athlete thats it.  you say he wants to just coach football and go home.  What makes your superstar coach different than a superstar athlete?  Sure he wont be caught fighting dogs but his unwillingness to let the fans in has to be a let down for some, or maybe it would be just me that would be let down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Looks like they are going to crash and burn before the season starts even

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Look at the comments under that article; they're all whiny NJ fans crying how Revis is a coward and a traitor because he won't play for peanuts.

How many times as a Pats fan have you heard or read Jets fans say how cheap Kraft is and they should just pay the players and rah rah but when it comes down to it and its their team than its the player's fault for not working cheap.

If Revis stays out this is the greatest news so far this year bar none. He's out and not injured so I can root for this. Oh and Rex said they don't need him anyway they'll win a SB without him. Apparently he was brought in just to ball wash for Rex and isn't important afterall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

I thought Rex had the old stomach band surgery?   Ate through it already?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Ryan to Revis: Let's Cancel Practice and Meet Up:
    [QUOTE]His whole secretive nature.  His press conferences.  His injury reports.  If he hates what this game has become, he can leave.  There was a thread here not too long ago about how superstar athletes are looked upto as role models and that they cannot just come in and be an professional athlete thats it.  you say he wants to just coach football and go home.  What makes your superstar coach different than a superstar athlete?  Sure he wont be caught fighting dogs but his unwillingness to let the fans in has to be a let down for some, or maybe it would be just me that would be let down.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

Get to get over yourself.

As a long time SUFFERING Pats fan (i went to games at BU Alumni Field, Fenway, Harvard Stadium, and old Foxboro), all I want is a good/competitive team put on teh field, hopefully winning more than they lose, on a consistent basis. Before Kraft, that never happened. I don't NEED to know the coaching phylosophy, nor who's going to start at CB along with an in-depth analysis of why. I don't need to know the exact extent of any injury, other than the guy's hurt and someone on the roster needs to step it up and EARN his paycheck. I don't need to know exactly why he called a specific play at a specific point in any game. He's the coach, he gets fired too. Ulike you trolls of other teams, we don't need to have someone tell us which side of the hot dog bun the mustard goes in.

What just gauls your furry little buns is that BB has PROVEN his worth, and your HC can't do more than dream about his accomplishments. Makes you chafe in your shorts and gets you very jealous. Time to grab the ol' baby powder and get over yourself.  You enjoy who or whatever your HC is, and we'll enjoy BB. Deep down inside you know you'd drop your excuse of a HC in a NY Minute if BB would coach your team. It's THAT point that you can't get over.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

its like watching a head on crash.  in slow motion.  between two guys in rocket propelled wheelchairs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Ummmmm I would like to remind this forum that Bill B did in fact dump the Jets.  that has to hurt a bunch.  They did take him, and he refused.  Nice. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

To be honest, I really thought the Jets and Revis would come to terms by now.  This is a major bad spot to be in for the Jets, Revis and Jets fans to be in.  BTW, I'm loving it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

At 1 million Revis is better off sitting the year and ensuring he gets his big time deal next year. 

If he sits he will ring the register next year and easily make up the 1 mil he loses this year. If he plays and gets hurt, he will lost a lot more than the 1 million he would be playing for this year. 

In his case it makes no financial sense to play this year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]At 1 million Revis is better off sitting the year and ensuring he gets his big time deal next year.  If he sits he will ring the register next year and easily make up the 1 mil he loses this year. If he plays and gets hurt, he will lost a lot more than the 1 million he would be playing for this year.  In his case it makes no financial sense to play this year. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

Does anyone else think his price takes a hit if he sits out an entire year? I mean it's one less year teams and GMs see him play. It's one less year of his coach publicly praising him after every game. And we're in a "what can you do for me now/today?" society...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex Ryan to Revis: Let's Cancel Practice and Meet Up : Get to get over yourself. As a long time SUFFERING Pats fan (i went to games at BU Alumni Field, Fenway, Harvard Stadium, and old Foxboro), all I want is a good/competitive team put on teh field, hopefully winning more than they lose, on a consistent basis. Before Kraft, that never happened. I don't NEED to know the coaching phylosophy, nor who's going to start at CB along with an in-depth analysis of why. I don't need to know the exact extent of any injury, other than the guy's hurt and someone on the roster needs to step it up and EARN his paycheck. I don't need to know exactly why he called a specific play at a specific point in any game. He's the coach, he gets fired too. Ulike you trolls of other teams, we don't need to have someone tell us which side of the hot dog bun the mustard goes in. What just gauls your furry little buns is that BB has PROVEN his worth, and your HC can't do more than dream about his accomplishments. Makes you chafe in your shorts and gets you very jealous. Time to grab the ol' baby powder and get over yourself.  You enjoy who or whatever your HC is, and we'll enjoy BB. Deep down inside you know you'd drop your excuse of a HC in a NY Minute if BB would coach your team. It's THAT point that you can't get over.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what the heck you just said but I think that you should step away from your keyboard assuming that you havent thrown it against the wall and go for a walk or find some way to relax.

I wouldnt trade my coach for the hooded one.  As a matter of fact I wouldnt trade Rex for anyone.  After a few years of Mangini's read and react system, I enjoy sitting down on Sundays and watching my team attack and beat up other teams. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]And that's why you are a Jets fan.  Ryan won't last more than 4 seasons there.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I was just listening to sirius NFL and Ross Tucker was going off on Revis and then the Jets. You would have thought the content came right off of this board.

#1) He said," Ryan and the Jets Skkrewed up big time by Building Revis up to god status and in a sense they created a monster and now they have to deal with him"

ME:- That's why Bellichick never does that

#2) He said, Sanchez just isn't that good and he has no reason to believe Sanchez will be any better than he was last year and there is no way you can win a SuperBowl with a mediocre QB.

Me:-I love these guys. At least Ross..Bob Papa is a New York guy so he had to bite his tongue but I could tell he was getting a little bothered about his Jets.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Jets and  Darrelle "Payus"  announced they will no longer be talking to the media about the contract negotiations.

Even Gate mouth Ryan refused to discuss it any more.

Looks like Belichick and Kraft where handling player relations the right way all along.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rex Ryan to Revis: Let's Cancel Practice and Meet Up : Not quite.  Next year he is due to make 5 mil - if there is even football.  Then still under contract for another year after that.  So, he can sit three years and maybe then be a free agent.  
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

he lost this year as eligible, if he sits out he earns no time towards FA each year