Rex Ryans Crystal Ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Rex Ryans Crystal Ball

Hey you all I saw on nfl.com on Friday where Rex Ryan said he was looking into his crystal ball and he sees Jets wining SB. He comes right out and says they are going to win. What do you guys think of his comments? I think he is wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Re: Rex Ryans Crystal Ball

Arrogant?  When did that become a crime?

Freakin' nuts? Looking into a bowl of crystal meth?...yup, that's Rex, and it's a crime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

You could say Rex Ryan is the complete opposite of BB as far as the media goes.  Personally, I don't think it matters if a head coach is overconfident or reserved.  All that matters is the players on the field and how they perform.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

In Response to Re: Rex Ryans Crystal Ball:
    [QUOTE]Arrogant?  When did that become a crime? Freakin' nuts? Looking into a bowl of crystal meth?...yup, that's Rex, and it's a crime.
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

Being arrogant, being a blow-hard, being delusional, being stupid ... none of that's a crime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

I think there should be law that doesn't allow him 2 speak (no pun attended). When ever he speaks he says nothing intelligent. There is a difference between being confident and proud and arrogant and cocky. Guess which one he is. I just love how he encourages this players to run their mouths like they are gang members. I can't wait until the Pats play them this year, its going  be a blood bath. He needs to shut himself up b4 some one else does. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]You could say Rex Ryan is the complete opposite of BB as far as the media goes.  Personally, I don't think it matters if a head coach is overconfident or reserved.  All that matters is the players on the field and how they perform.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

That's true in theory but I still disagree.

Belichick is a reserved coach; his approach is to never get too high or too low. See his post-game Super Bowl press conferences and then see press conferences from the losses. He preaches that same mentality with his players; don't get over-confident, don't buy into your own hype or the hype the media is creating, and just let your play do the talking. You can see that approach trickle down all the way to the youngest players on the roster. All of them, when complimented, still say something like 'I have a long way to go still and this team expects so much more of me', etc. If the Patriots come out in a game and go ahead big or get down big, the even demeanor that's force-fed to them by the coaches makes sure they're all performing at the highest level until the clock reaches triple zeros.

The fact that Belichick is reserved is also huge for contract negotiations with players. I watched so closely his press conference after they reported Brady would be out for the year in 2008. I thought that'd be the first time I see him crack. All he said was something like, "Tom's been great for us but this is a chance for the next guy to step up and run the offense."Let's say he said something like, "Tommy's the catalyst for this offense and without him, we're going to have trouble. He's always been to practice, works harder than anyone else and is the vocal leader in our locker room."  That would be echo'ing throughout the meeting room right now.

Rex Ryan on the other hand gets his team really excited all off-season and when they're winning big. The end results is almost always flaming out. It's also false expectations because in the NFL, it's not always going to be pretty. He's always praising his players in the media and now it's biting him in the @ss. I'm surprised management STILL lets him talk like that through the media considering they have so many contract issues. I guess that's a testament to how great their management is. They'll pony up the cash and handicap the team for years to come.

So you're right, the players make the plays but I think the culture these coaches create ultimately has a hand in the result.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Nice family Rex!! Your wife doesn't look too happy about seeing another woman in your crystal ball. There'll be some explaining to do when you get home tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Rex Ryan reminds me so so so much of Pete Carroll. Both coaches stepped into great jobs and rode the coat tails of the previous coach the 1st year to success.... And as was the case with Pete Carroll I fully expect sexy Rexy to follow suit and quickly have things turn bad. Good luck Rex, you're going to need it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

[QUOTE]Nice family Rex!! Your wife doesn't look too happy about seeing another woman in your crystal ball. There'll be some explaining to do when you get home tonight.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

Tack a couple hundred pounds on the winged monkey and it looks exactly like Rex.