Rex Ryan's Regret

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Rex Ryan's Regret

In response to APpats21's comment:

Yes its a Pats forum but its always fun to laugh at the jets.   Guaranteeing the Super Bowl is Rex Ryan’s biggest regret Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT rex-ryan4_3Getty Images

Rex Ryan’s days of guaranteeing the Super Bowl are over.

Ryan said today at the league meeting that if he could turn back time and change just one thing about his coaching career, he would change his previous practice of guaranteeing that his team would win the Super Bowl before the season.

“Guaranteeing that Super Bowl is always going to haunt me,” Ryan said. “If I could ever have a do-over, that would be it.”

When Ryan got to the AFC Championship Game in each of his first two seasons as the Jets’ coach, his bravado was widely viewed as a positive: It seemed that his team fed off his confidence. But now that the Jets have missed the playoffs for two straight years, his bravado has become a punch line.

So Ryan is right: Guaranteeing a Super Bowl is always going to haunt him. Until he actually does win a Super Bowl.

well i didn't mind that as much as when the big blowhard called the jets the "big brother" of new york ...when he had the giants trophies covered up in the meadowlands before their game in 2011 that was really low class too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How Rex Ryan is still a head coach is beyond me.  Now wonder the Jets are so messed up, they can't even fire the guy who helped destroy the team.  The reason the Jets were pretty good his first couple years was because he inherited a team put together by Mangini.  Once he took over and started drafting and picking up players they totally fell apart to what they are now.... a mess!  Well done Rex Ryan!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

How Rex Ryan is still a head coach is beyond me.  Now wonder the Jets are so messed up, they can't even fire the guy who helped destroy the team.  The reason the Jets were pretty good his first couple years was because he inherited a team put together by Mangini.  Once he took over and started drafting and picking up players they totally fell apart to what they are now.... a mess!  Well done Rex Ryan!

Rexie's a good coach, but a weird guy. Foot fetishes?? The Sanchez tatoo thing??? You just know that, eventually, he'll end up being a WWE manager.

LOL!!!    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rex is a very good defense coach, I will give him that.  But he's not head coach material.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Rexie's a good coach, but a weird guy. Foot fetishes?? The Sanchez tatoo thing??? You just know that, eventually, he'll end up being a WWE manager.

LOL!!!    

He's got a little Fred Blassie in him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Sanchez will open offseason as Jets' starter

Coach Rex Ryan said Mark Sanchez will open the offseason program as the Jets' starting quarterback.

There's still a different tenor in Rex's words regarding Sanchez. Normally he's completely in the corner of his guys no matter what. But even Rex has to back off after Sanchez committed 26 turnovers in 15 games last year. "The first snap, he'll be the guy running out there first," Ryan said. "But there's going to be competition at that spot, there's no question about it. We need to get better at the quarterback position." David Garrard is Sanchez's main competition for now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There is a difference between being "confident" about winning and "guaranteeing" winning a super bowl title.  Rex just didn't get it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to APpats21's comment:

Yes its a Pats forum but its always fun to laugh at the jets.   Guaranteeing the Super Bowl is Rex Ryan’s biggest regret Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT rex-ryan4_3Getty Images

Rex Ryan’s days of guaranteeing the Super Bowl are over.

Ryan said today at the league meeting that if he could turn back time and change just one thing about his coaching career, he would change his previous practice of guaranteeing that his team would win the Super Bowl before the season.

“Guaranteeing that Super Bowl is always going to haunt me,” Ryan said. “If I could ever have a do-over, that would be it.”

When Ryan got to the AFC Championship Game in each of his first two seasons as the Jets’ coach, his bravado was widely viewed as a positive: It seemed that his team fed off his confidence. But now that the Jets have missed the playoffs for two straight years, his bravado has become a punch line.

So Ryan is right: Guaranteeing a Super Bowl is always going to haunt him. Until he actually does win a Super Bowl.

well i didn't mind that as much as when the big blowhard called the jets the "big brother" of new york ...when he had the giants trophies covered up in the meadowlands before their game in 2011 that was really low class too

No more "low class" than what you do on this board.

i respect and admire the intellect behind this post

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yes jints, because nothing shows intellect more than "Hiya queenie"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

yes jints, because nothing shows intellect more than "Hiya queenie"

ok how is "what's up Rusty?"  :  )