Rex To Get the Ax?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Rex To Get the Ax?

It's looking more and more as if Rex Ryan is going to be fired. That's the likely reason why he cancelled his conference with the NY media, and skipped town. Look for the Jets to try hire a top flight GM. To lure a guy like this, they'll have to allow him to pick his own head coach. The other problem they'll have is that the new GM will be saddled with "The Sanchize" for 2013, due to cap reasons: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/rex-remains-silent-skips-town/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Rex To Get the Ax?

In response to Jets's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey pat and Happy New Year and of course...How are ya!?

I thought this was a pats forum. I see more threads about the Jets and "manlove " threads about Brady then I do about the pats soon to be compared to the Bills of the 90's.

If Rex gets fired he gets fired ...BIG Deal

Bring in the next guy

[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year to you, too!

Do you think Rex should be fired, Leon?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Leon, anyone who has the ba11s to mention Rich Kotite in the context of his days as the Jets HC at least deserves the courtesy of a response.  Rex is just a skosh over the top for my tastes but he's done a good job with what he had.  Don't really think he deserves to be fired but he may just be on his way out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Rex deserves to be fired, but I imagine the reason why he didn't show his face at the press conference had more to do with half his buddies being fired (and him being the lone survivor). It's probably more of a respect thing. I think he realizes he should of gone down with the ship and now they were going to throw him out there to the media?? What's he going to say? Yeah, I'm the coach...I foolishly stuck with Sanchez and we missed the playoffs two years in a row...and really there was a year we DID make it, that we shouldn't of. The only reason why I'm still standing here before you is because I didn't give all that money to Sanchez...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Should Rex be fired?That's a great question. I don't have a short term memory like so many other fans. He did well his 1st two years and then Tanny got rid of everybody.

[/QUOTE]

The reason Rex did so well the first 2 years was because he was playing with Mangini's pool of players.  Once Rex started drafting his own players all hell broke loose and the decline started.  Tannenbum was there long before Rex was and they had some decent years, I gotta put full decline of the team on Rex's shoulders. BYE BYE REX!!  He just isn't head coach material.  I would say he probably should be kissing Bill Belichicks rings!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

NY Daily News reported today the majority of Jets fans want Rex, Sanchez and Tebow gone. Most of NYC can't stand the guy's antics. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I suspect that Ryan himself might be looking for his next gig too. I don't know why they'd fire the gm and then wait a week to fire the head coach. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I suspect that Ryan himself might be looking for his next gig too. I don't know why they'd fire the gm and then wait a week to fire the head coach. 

[/QUOTE]

Good point, that makes no sense!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only way to bring in a top flight GM (if that's really what they intend to do) is to allow him to have his choice of head coach. There's no need to can Rex yet, that's up to the GM. If he decides to keep him, that saves Woody some coin because he only has to pay on one HC contract next year.

If the new GM has to take Rex no matter what, then it likely won't be a heavy hitter or a guy who's in much demand. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NY Daily News reported today the majority of Jets fans want Rex, Sanchez and Tebow gone. Most of NYC can't stand the guy's antics. 

[/QUOTE]

I can't see how the Jets can get a first rate GM to take their job, if Rex is part of the deal. A new GM is going to want to bring in his people...most definately including the head coach. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Rex Should be fired!..aside.from being an.arsehooool ....he is.clueless.about 1/2 his team...he is also delusional about coaching cancers and thinking he is so good he can overcome a clubhouse full of cancers...everyone blames Tannebaum...but when Mangina was there alongside Tannebaum..picking players was not an issue...easier said...Mangina + Tannebaum = 2 Championship game rosters...Rex + Tannebaum = Failure!

Last but not least...im happy Rex will be back...that just ensures us an easier road to another division title...go pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BB would hire him in an instant, but the real question is...can he coach a 4-3? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB would hire him in an instant,

[/QUOTE]

Not unless he kisses the rings first!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ya, BB will hire him right after he kisses all his rings. NOT!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I can see Ryan hanging around another year.   It would be just like the Bears situation.  Get me to the playoffs or you're out.  There would have to be some agreement like this for a sound GM to come in and feel like he's in charge of the team.  Good luck with that salary cap too.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he might make a good equipment manager!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can see Ryan hanging around another year.   It would be just like the Bears situation.  Get me to the playoffs or you're out.  There would have to be some agreement like this for a sound GM to come in and feel like he's in charge of the team.  Good luck with that salary cap too.

[/QUOTE]

RKarp and Hurlie have told us the salary cap is irrelevant, though. Remember?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they understood how the cap is managed now.   I know I didn't.  Had to look it up because I couldn't see how the Jets had any room.  You can borrow with the next four years.  It's like maxing out your credit card.  That's how they were able to sign players the way they did and it's worse than salary cap hell.   This could hurt the team for years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey pat and Happy New Year and of course...How are ya!?

I thought this was a pats forum. I see more threads about the Jets and "manlove " threads about Brady then I do about the pats soon to be compared to the Bills of the 90's.

If Rex gets fired he gets fired ...BIG Deal

Bring in the next guy

[/QUOTE]

The jets wish they could be compared to the Bills of the 90s. Those Bills might have lost some big games, but at least they weren't the laughing stock of the league.

25. This post has been removed.