REY MAUALUGA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

REY MAUALUGA

For all those patriots fans out there that had were giddy on draft day cuz Rey Maualuga was available at the patriots first round spot then again in the beginning of the second round. The biggest fault to his game was that "he wasnt a 3 down player" and couldnt play in a 3-4 scheme like the patriots. Well the patriots seem to change their scheme to a 4-3. which could have featured Maualuga Mayo and Thomas (with Guyton, Bruschi, and company rotating) starting at linebacker behind Seymour, Wilfork, Brace, and Warren. 

at any point just excited to see our talented rookies reassure me on this side note... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

Re: REY MAUALUGA

He's an ILB or MLB, not OLB, and the knock on him wasn't that he wasn't a 3 down player, it was that he was a showboater who repeatedly left his defense exposed to try for the highlight reel play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Why do we care about Rey?  He is the most overhyped college player of recent memory.  The whole NFL passed on him in the first round for some reason.  Attitude?  Capability?  Desire?  Who knows.  He looks the part and has some great You Tube highlights.  But does that mean he'll be the next great MLB?  Let's see who's right in a few years -- NFL GMs or the college football hype machine.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Pats have passed on a number of players that have turned out to be good players.  Other teams have passed on a lot of our picks that have turned out pretty well for us too.  The draft is an imperfect science.  

Considering how good our draft "appears" to be thus far, the last thing I have is any regret that we didn't draft Rey, or any other player on the board.  We "might" have had one of our best drafts in ages this year.  I don't think many fans are wishing we could redo our draft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucky13calistyle. Show lucky13calistyle's posts

I'm happy with Mayo manning the middle... R.M. is a glorified run stuffer that offers little other value... he cant cover at all and often gets himself out of position leaving his teamates exposed

NO THANKS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

"IN BILL WE TRUST" MY COMRADES---NEVER FORGET!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: REY MAUALUGA:
    [QUOTE]He's an ILB or MLB, not OLB, and the knock on him wasn't that he wasn't a 3 down player, it was that he was a showboater who repeatedly left his defense exposed to try for the highlight reel play.
    Posted by drawme[/QUOTE]

No, the main knock on him was that he wasn't a 3 down player because his lack of skill in coverage.  He also had "character" issues and was described as immature....