Richard Seymour: "I'll Go Anywhere but New England"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Richard Seymour: "I'll Go Anywhere but New England"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?&entry_id=55094

Interesting...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Richard Seymour: "I'll Go Anywhere but New England"

I don't really care about him.....he was all about the money.....he can f-off.

We got a nice #1 pick out of Oakland and Oakland loses him and their #1 for next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Too bad, Bill owns Al and could probably get Seymour back for a 5th rounder once the Raiders resign him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I believe he earned to have a face to face when the trade came up.  He was part of the great teams, a phone call to say you are traded was not respectful enough which I think is what he has said all along.  Wasn't really the trade was how it was handled.

This is probably his last contract, he will go after the money which I would also if I was in his shoes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The best part of the interview was when he talked about the 2001-2004 team and how they all cared about football and about winning games and kept each other honest; he said that most players are more interested in what they can get out of football.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The best part of the interview was when he talked about the 2001-2004 team and how they all cared about football and about winning games and kept each other honest; he said that most players are more interested in what they can get out of football.

He must have been seduced by their influence. He really did just fall in with a bad crowd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm not a Seymour fan.  Like most players who get the big contracts, he didn't live up to it.  He was also somewhat injury prone.  I didn't hate the guy like some on this board have stated over the years, but I just didn't think he was "great".

That said, I can certainly understand a player not wanting to go back to a team that traded him.  There are probably some hard feelings involved most of the time trades happen.  So Seymour's remarks don't really change my opinion of him one way or the other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think he realizes at this point in his career there are probably about 25 teams who don't want him.  Maybe he should keep his options open because he has destroyed his value by running his mouth and not backing it up with play on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I love how people claim to know how BB treats players, staff or anyone else.  Nobody has any idea who BB is as a person all we see are brief TV interviews that he appears to not want to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

shenanigan, I agree. If you ever read the book Patriot Reign, it really gives you a much better glimpse of who Bill really is. I read that before a press conference, he'll brainstorm possible topics/questions he'll be asked to address. He'll prepare his response mentally so he's never caught off-guard. The minute the cameras are off and he goes back into the locker room, he's a completely different guy. He's joking with people and much more jovial guy. You can also see that if you watch some of the football games he helped call in years past.

I also posted an article not too long ago about the letters he was sending to Pat Tillman while he was overseas. The letters basically stated the amount of admiration Bill had for him while players in the U.S. were whining about commas and zeroes. He also told him that if he ever wanted a job, he'd get him one.

Convenient how the media never tells that story, huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Here's the actual excerpt from the SI article by Peter King (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/04/mmqb.week.4/1.html).

"When I asked [Pat] what he planned to do? -- in what turned out to be our last conversation -- he said to me, 'Mac, when I get out, I'm still gonna be young enough to come back and play. I'm playing.' ''

In the last conversation Tillman had with Bauer, he told his agent, "You won't believe the letter I got from Bill Belichick.'' In the letter, Belichick praised him for his courage, his leadership, his willingness to set an example for people in this materialistic society, and he said it was an honor to be in the same league he'd been in.

"In the letter,'' Bauer told me, "Belichick said, 'If you ever need a job when you get out of the Army, give me a call.' ''

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jshinny. Show jshinny's posts

As if the option were open to him. 

Analogy:
    I would never go back to my ex-wife who divorced me and wound up married to the surgeon with a beach house in Maui.  Not a chance. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Big Sey didn't "go" too well those last few years in New England either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Seymour Richard....Seymour Dick....well Dick you can go to H-E- double toothpicks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dellinger. Show Dellinger's posts

Dickie Seymour should stop fertilizing media outlets with his brand of bovine excreta....LOL!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Ummm the real question is, what makes him think we WANT him back?  Poor pass rush with or without him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Ummm the real question is, what makes him think we WANT him back?  Poor pass rush with or without him.

I know. Funny how his assertion kind of dove-tails right into the Pats desires for him, too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

AP, Thanks for posting that one. I miss it. It's a good read.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

From 2001 to 2004 he looked like a sure fire hall of famer. Injuries just did him in, it's not like he wasn't trying his last few years here. I always felt he was a good guy, smart, well spoken and a team first guy while he was here. He obviously did not want to leave here so he was hurt by the trade and so now he does not want to come back. I don't understand the venom towards the guy. He was a great Patriot while he was here and I wish him well always. We need to worry more about where the Patroits are going to find the next Seymour or especially the next Mcginist or 3rd and 10 will continue to mean 11 and 12 yard pick ips in the 4th quarter.