Rick Gosselin - Draft Guru

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Rick Gosselin - Draft Guru

As Texas Pat has told you, Rick Gosselin is known as possibly the best draft picker in the business - not because of a special eye for talent, but because of his contacts in the league and knowledge of team needs. 

So on the day of the draft he completes his final mock which apparently ends up being surprisingly accurate - don't know if that is 50% correct or what. 

But let me say that he surprised the heck out of me this morning by selecting a RB for the colts and by not listing DT as a need. 

Here is his final draft - chew on it.  He's got NE taking Jerry.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/042509dnsponflmockdraft.3ed83e9.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Rick Gosselin - Draft Guru

it looks ok through 21. 22 on is a mess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Yesterday the Pats were hell-bent on moving up in the draft.

Today "reports" are that they may want to move down.

Gosselin gives us a mock where nobody moves anywhere.

The whole thing is an exercise in chicanery.

Saying this guy or that guy knows any more about what any particular team might or might not do than some other guy (or you or I, for that matter) presupposes that any of the information teams allow to "leak" is in any way accurate.

Answer the following True or False question correctly and win a chance to be an NFL general manager.

Everything I say is a lie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

The one guarantee in this draft, though, is that the Pats will not draft Peria Jerry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Gosselin can't be that much of a guru if he has Ne taking Peria Jerry and doesn't list DT as a Colts need.

The Irony is that Jerry is almost tailor made for Indy, and would be runtish to play in NE's front.

I have Indy taking Jerry myself. Another option could be Ziggy Hood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Yeah, I liked Gosslin until I saw Jerry at #23 to the Patriots.  That would be a bad pick of epic proportions.  He isn't suited for a 3-4 defense at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Gosselin's guess doesn't strike me as any more or less retarded than Sports Illustrated speculating that the Pats will take Percy Harving at 23.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Harvin would at least have a spot on the Pats. Jerry doesn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Maybe MIT could pay them to give Jerry reps at NT two or three times a game as an experiment in what happens when you put a 50% lean meatball in front of two 315 pound interior lineman.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe MIT could pay them to give Jerry reps at NT two or three times a game as an experiment in what happens when you put a 50% lean meatball in front of two 315 pound interior lineman.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Beautiful day in Indy today.  Lots of planting outdoors including digging of dirt, etc. 

Ate some finer dirt after the colts pick.  Not proud of it.  Felt I had to do it.

Need to Qualify the above statement.  When I wrote earlier today, I stated I would eat dirt if the colts picked an RB.  then apparently removed that line before submitting the post.  So, I guess it was out of guilt that I sampled some of the finest Indiana mother earth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]Beautiful day in Indy today.  Lots of planting outdoors including digging of dirt, etc.  Ate some finer dirt after the colts pick.  Not proud of it.  Felt I had to do it. Need to Qualify the above statement.  When I wrote earlier today, I stated I would eat dirt if the colts picked an RB.  then apparently removed that line before submitting the post.  So, I guess it was out of guilt that I sampled some of the finest Indiana mother earth.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

That was not dirt you ate, it was fertilizer.Foot in mouth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Colts got a quality player at the expense of passing on better defensive players. Same old Colts. Fili Moala is not the run defender Colts fans are looking for. He has a good first step but gets turned over against the run.

I thought they would take DT and RB in that order. So it was reversed. I think it was a bad decision. With Jerry off the board i would have taken Ziggy Hood or Ron Brace and called it a day. There are ample running backs down the line for them.

But I watched a lot of Brown. He is a quality player. Real elusive, but doesn't really have home run speed. He will be a good platoon back.

So a good first bad second. IMHO of course. Best of luck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I've never been all that impressed with addai, but he is good.  I thought good enough not to pick another AND Mike Hart should be coming off of knee surg.  Maybe that surg was the reason to select another back. 

Apparently Hood was not someone they wanted. 

We'll see about maola.  He is significantly bigger than Keyunta Dawson (255#) and the colts were pleased with the work of Eric Foster.  Maybe Maola is enough. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]That was not dirt you ate, it was fertilizer.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

tasted a little gamey.  Thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I like Moala, but I don't really like him in your system. We'll see. Donald Brown will be great for you, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I like Moala, but I don't really like him in your system. We'll see. Donald Brown will be great for you, though.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

why not