Ridley Analysis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Ridley Analysis

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/10/patriots_take_2_stevan_ridley.html

Thinks Ridley should remain lead back. Some film

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Ridley Analysis

I like Ridley's first couple of steps, he seems to burst through the line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Contrary to Ol' man Babe's belief that Ridley blows, Ridley has proven time and time and again that he's a good RB. If he ever masters securing the ball, he'll be hard to retain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

If Ridley can get over his chronic fumble-itis, he should be the lead guy. If not, he'll be history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Ridley has his moments, mostly good, some bad.  I wouldn't say he has chronic fumble-itis, but he certainly fumbles enough for BB to worry about.  He got lit up by Pollard. I thought that was a more vicious hit than the one on DA recently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Chronic fumble-itis?  I think that's a bit rich.  If the Pats release Ridley tomorrow there are 30 other teams putting in a waiver claim.  He's not top tier or elite, but he is effective. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Do you think he's better then Trent Richardson? I sure do and the colts gave up a # 1 pick for him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I saw a stat a couple of weeks that showed the carry-to-fumble rate of Ridley vs. Adrian Person, and some other top backs and Ridley's is MUCH lower.  He is the best #1 RB we've had in a long time and it drives me crazy when he doesn't get 20+ carries a game.  We need to get on that TRAIN and ride him all season long.  It will only help Brady and his WRs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ridley remains what he has been; A cripple shooter who has potential disaster haunting his every carry.

The Saints possess the second worst yards per carry against them in the whole NFL. Ridley feasts on bad D's like that and fattens the stats. Mediocre run Ds like the Falcons and Bills keep the numbers looking good as well.

Against the jets, who allow the least ypa so far, he got 2.5 a carry. The Bucs are 8th best, and he got 3.2 against them. And yes, in both cases he got less than the average they allow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw a stat a couple of weeks that showed the carry-to-fumble rate of Ridley vs. Adrian Person, and some other top backs and Ridley's is MUCH lower. 

[/QUOTE]

How about in the playoffs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Not sure about the Playoffs.  My point is that Ridley doesn't fumble as much as some better RBs in the league. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Not sure about the Playoffs.  My point is that Ridley doesn't fumble as much as some better RBs in the league. 

[/QUOTE]

But he fumbles more; in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Steven Ridley and Adrian Peterson have both fumbled twice in the playoffs (real, actual career statistical numbers). Peterson has had more attempts, so the fumble/carry ratio is lower. One of Ridleys two fumbles came on a play where he took a headshot and got concussed, I can't fault him for that one. Not saying Ridley is in AP's class, but he is a solid starting RB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Among the healthy RBs Ridely is a class above them. I think this season has really demonstrated that. 

However, I have never been shy about saying I think long term, Vereen should be getting as many reps as Ridley, because he adds so much value to the offense while he is out there. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I saw a stat a couple of weeks that showed the carry-to-fumble rate of Ridley vs. Adrian Person, and some other top backs and Ridley's is MUCH lower. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You referring to the fumble where he was knocked out? Man nobody is holding onto the ball if you are in slpeepy town before you eat grass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

I saw a stat a couple of weeks that showed the carry-to-fumble rate of Ridley vs. Adrian Person, and some other top backs and Ridley's is MUCH lower.  He is the best #1 RB we've had in a long time and it drives me crazy when he doesn't get 20+ carries a game.  We need to get on that TRAIN and ride him all season long.  It will only help Brady and his WRs. 

[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, some people's gold standard was Law Firm (while he was with the Patriots); which is pretty hard to achieve.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Steven Ridley and Adrian Peterson have both fumbled twice in the playoffs (real, actual career statistical numbers). Peterson has had more attempts, so the fumble/carry ratio is lower. One of Ridleys two fumbles came on a play where he took a headshot and got concussed, I can't fault him for that one. Not saying Ridley is in AP's class, but he is a solid starting RB.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley blows.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You referring to the fumble where he was knocked out? Man nobody is holding onto the ball if you are in slpeepy town before you eat grass.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so then.... the key is to stay out of sleepy town, eh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    You referring to the fumble where he was knocked out? Man nobody is holding onto the ball if you are in sleepy town before you eat grass.

[/QUOTE]

sleepy town. funny.  He was rocked by Pollard. No question.  Lights out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Ridley can get over his chronic fumble-itis, he should be the lead guy. If not, he'll be history.

[/QUOTE]

"Chronic fumble-itis"?  Just a bit of an overexageration, I would say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Among the healthy RBs Ridely is a class above them. I think this season has really demonstrated that. 

However, I have never been shy about saying I think long term, Vereen should be getting as many reps as Ridley, because he adds so much value to the offense while he is out there. 

[/QUOTE]

there are some posters who question whether the running back corp that we have can gain signficant running yards when we need them (i.e., when Brady is shut down or some 3rd and short during a critical part of a close scoring game).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there are some posters who question whether the running back corp that we have can gain signficant running yards when we need them (i.e., when Brady is shut down or some 3rd and short during a critical part of a close scoring game).

[/QUOTE]

I do as well. Against premium running defenses this is the case. 

However, part of that is on the offensive line as well. 

NE has these long atheletic tackles who are not really well suited to mashing a running game. 

There are a few teams I don't feel confident against when NE has to run. 

The Saints are not one of them .... neither are the Broncos.

Among the remaining contenders, NE not included, the Chiefs and the Seahawks are worse matchups for NE, assuming Talib is ready to go. 

That running game factor is a big reason. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do as well. Against premium running defenses this is the case. 

However, part of that is on the offensive line as well. 

NE has these long atheletic tackles who are not really well suited to mashing a running game. 

There are a few teams I don't feel confident against when NE has to run. 

The Saints are not one of them .... neither are the Broncos.

Among the remaining contenders, NE not included, the Chiefs and the Seahawks are worse matchups for NE, assuming Talib is ready to go. 

That running game factor is a big reason. 

[/QUOTE]

I'll add, that is part of the reason Vereen is a good guy to have in there. He is a lot more than Woodhead, or even Faulk, in the end.

He is a true 3 down performer in my view. 

Against defenses that are effective against the pass and the run, a running back who can do both stresses them more than one who can only do one or the other. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ray Rice ran for 60 (3 ypc) yards in the Superbowl and coughed up the ball on the Ravens' 25 when SF was making a comeback.  I'd still take Ray Rice on my team.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll add, that is part of the reason Vereen is a good guy to have in there. He is a lot more than Woodhead, or even Faulk, in the end.

He is a true 3 down performer in my view. 

Against defenses that are effective against the pass and the run, a running back who can do both stresses them more than one who can only do one or the other. 

[/QUOTE]
    speaking of Vereen, when is he due back?