Ridley it is!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Ridley it is!!!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6445/shane-vereen/1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Ridley it is!!!

Sad to see the Vereen injury but Ridley Brinigs a lot more consistentcy to the run game between the tackles. Vereen obviously is a better threat on the outside but is not the same type of runner that Ridley is power and vision wise. im glad Ridley will get his shot Thursday to prove he's the best back for this team on a consistent basis

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

....until he fumbles and then it's Blount......... guess keeping so many RB's was pretty good foresight by BB

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

BB knew something?  But, then again, he always seems to get a message across to the player, by benching them, "You got to step up and play well."  Considering the fumble was not caused by a hit, one can see why it happened Sunday for Ridley.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

No way Ridley fumbles for a while

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - "stickum"

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

sure I'm down for whatever works

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

^ - "stickum"

I believe that stickum is banned by the NFL.....how about a couple jolly ranchers, and some spit? LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I really think this is VERY huge.  With the receiving corps as depleted as it is with injuries Vereen is the the one receiver Brady trusts throwing the ball to for dumpoffs and down field.  You gotta figure the Jets are going to be blitzing a lot and without that reliable 3rd option there it could really hamper what he does.  I really think Ridley is a great back but he is not a good receiver and he doesn't cover blitzes all that well either.  Ironicaly enough Woody seemed to be the best at picking up the blitz!!  TB could find himself on the turf a lot like he was this past Sunday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Fun with numbers:

Adrian Peterson fumbled 20 times in his first three years in the NFL, once every 50 touches (rushes/receptionss).

Emmitt Smith fumbled 19 times in his first three years, once every 58 touches.

Ridley has fumbled 6 times in his career (just starting his third year), once every 66 touches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE]

^ - "stickum"

I believe that stickum is banned by the NFL.....how about a couple jolly ranchers, and some spit? LOL

[/QUOTE]

Vapor receiver gloves are legal. I think he wears them.   Maybe they can try a different glove.  

(Suction cups)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This Ridley and fumbling thing is crazy.  Obviously he needs to do a better job of holding onto the ball, and if he does that, he is one of the better RB in the entire league.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Ridley is a liability.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Ridley is a liability.

Really babe? Last year you touted him as the great improved BJGE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Fun with numbers:

Adrian Peterson fumbled 20 times in his first three years in the NFL, once every 50 touches (rushes/receptionss).

Emmitt Smith fumbled 19 times in his first three years, once every 58 touches.

Ridley has fumbled 6 times in his career (just starting his third year), once every 66 touches.

In this case it was fumbling without being touched. I doubt they keep a stat on that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ridley is a liability.

take away fumbles (which he had 4 of in 290 carries last year, which nine guys had 4 fumbles last year, including Marshawn Lynch, LeSean McCoy, and Alfred Morris. the other five had the same amount of fumbles with many less carries) so ridley's fumbles arent a liability. everyone is freaking out over one bad game he had in which he had an unlucky slip on a wide open hole and lost the ball. Ridley is our best back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ridley is a liability.

take away fumbles (which he had 4 of in 290 carries last year, which nine guys had 4 fumbles last year, including Marshawn Lynch, LeSean McCoy, and Alfred Morris. the other five had the same amount of fumbles with many less carries) so ridley's fumbles arent a liability. everyone is freaking out over one bad game he had in which he had an unlucky slip on a wide open hole and lost the ball. Ridley is our best back.

[/QUOTE]

Since Corey Dillion & the forseeable future.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Tom Brady gave Stevan Ridley a vote of confidence on Tuesday.

"I know Stevan is a very mentally tough kid," Brady said. "I love having him back there. I love giving the ball to him and watching him run." The Pats are circling the wagons around Ridley following his Sunday benching, though they don't have much choice after Shane Vereen (wrist) went down. Ridley will undoubtedly be tentative in Thursday night's showdown with the Jets, but he'll be in for a big workload provided he doesn't put the ball on the ground in the first half. He's a vastly superior talent to LeGarrette Blount. Ridley is an RB2 for Week 2.

Rotoworld is dry and cut when it comes to their opinions.  To say Ridley is vastly superior in talent to a former 1000 yard rusher speaks to his talent level.  If and when he corrects his issues, he will be an imporant part of this team.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ridley is a liability.

[/QUOTE]

Since Corey Dillion & the forseeable future.  

[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts, this is the best back we've had since 2004 Corey Dillon. He's the kind of back that can grind it out and pound the ball in between the tackles when needed. love him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Hey Joe, TFB12 is trying to convince everyone on BDC the YOU are actually my "2nd Account" and that I am running a scam. Just be aware that he is committed to this idea and has thrown you out there more than a dozen or so times throughout other threads. You may be able to get relief from a BDC moderator, but I am not sure how that goes......Just a heads up.....tell him TFB, Tell him how crazy and paranoid you are. Dud, sory to bring you into this, but I figure it is only fair that he is doing it to avoid any future confusion. He says you and I "think and write the same".....I know, Trust me, I know...........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Hey Joe, TFB12 is trying to convince everyone on BDC the YOU are actually my "2nd Account" and that I am running a scam. Just be aware that he is committed to this idea and has thrown you out there more than a dozen or so times throughout other threads. You may be able to get relief from a BDC moderator, but I am not sure how that goes......Just a heads up.....tell him TFB, Tell him how crazy and paranoid you are. Dud, sory to bring you into this, but I figure it is only fair that he is doing it to avoid any future confusion. He says you and I "think and write the same".....I know, Trust me, I know...........

well i like the fact to hear we think and write the same is good cuz we are some real pats fans and im glad im viewed as so with u. bu i dont like to cause the probs that you two have, i just wanna talk football

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Ridley is a liability.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley has had 3 fumbles in his last 10 NFL carries. He blows. He has 2 fumbles in 37 playoff carries. He blows.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Ridley is a liability.

Ridley is our best back.

[/QUOTE]

Then our run game is in deep shyte. He blows.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ridley is a liability.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley has had 3 fumbles in his last 10 NFL carries. He blows. He has 2 fumbles in 37 playoff carries. He blows.

[/QUOTE]

ok well one of those playoffs fumbles he got absolutely obliterated and practically knocked out. so that makes one fumble. and did ridley not have 1200 yards last year and 10+ Tds, with a plus 4 ypc? he's the best option and had a bad week, thats all