Ridley Sickened By His Own Play

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Re: Ridley Sickened By His Own Play

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That being said, his fumble percentages were not that bad from 2011-2012. 

[/QUOTE]

How are they in the playoffs?

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you tell me since you are the one with a question?  I did the work to pull up the other stats.

Josh McDaniels doesn't seem to be overreacting:

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/11/26/josh-mcdaniels-expresses-great-confidence-in-stevan-ridley/

[/QUOTE]

He has fumbled about every 16 carries in the playoffs. Atrocious.

[/QUOTE]

That's worse than I thought... sample size?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What?   Are you talking about the play against the Ravens where he suffered a concussion?  I think he has 1 postseason fumble (while suffering a concussion).   I guess that makes Blount jetsam too then after the last game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What?   Are you talking about the play against the Ravens where he suffered a concussion?  I think he has 1 postseason fumble (while suffering a concussion).   I guess that makes Blount jetsam too then after the last game.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah... he got knocked the f--- out on that play.  Was that his only fumble in the playoffs? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/11/stevan_ridley_on_fumbles_they.html

"I work too hard to make the small mistakes, and I keep setting myself back and setting this team back," Ridley said. "The offense depends on me to go out there and get the job done, and when I put the ball on the ground, they have no option but to take me out and it's sickening."

/QUOTE]

I really do feel for the guy. BB is probably going to have to roll dice with him, again. But, his fumbling could cost the Pats a shot at another championship.

[/QUOTE]

If BB keeps this sickening little fumbler out there, he WILL cost us a championship.

[/QUOTE]

Or like Brady did in SB 46 by being lazy and taking that Safety or tossing that reckless INT on 1st down.

Both should be avoidable, Frank Fitts.

One is by choice the other is by scaling back the carries of an RB.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, BB should have sat Brady. MORON

Buffalo Rusty

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-UqOJmIp3Og/SIjoqXwz5yI/AAAAAAAAAyo/RaogKyn0-5g/s400/JameGumb-SilenceoftheLambs.jpg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DUH, yeah!

What the hell does it matter if he got knocked out or not? Guys have played 20 years and never been knocked out once. NO F'N EXCUSES! Hold the damned ball or sit. That goes for Blount too.

Was the one in Buffalo where nobody f'n touched him okay too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah... he got knocked the f--- out on that play.  Was that his only fumble in the playoffs? 

[/QUOTE]

Hell no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I'm still rooting for him; but, he needs to stop yapping and start making the changes on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DUH, yeah!

What the hell does it matter if he got knocked out or not? Guys have played 20 years and never been knocked out once. NO F'N EXCUSES! Hold the damned ball or sit. That goes for Blount too.

[/QUOTE]

I remember wondering if Ridley's career was over after this hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pot9Gkmg5Eg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm still rooting for him; but, he needs to stop yapping and start making the changes on the field.

[/QUOTE]

He also needs to stop shaving stupid chit in his head and give Vanilla Ice his clippers back

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm rooting for this guy. 

I know I may be the only one, but he's grown on me.  He needs to just use both hands... 10-15 touches a game.  

[/QUOTE]

Getzo I am with you. I am really pulling for this guy and even bought an autographed jersey of his last year for my man room (get it early in the career when its cheap right?! LOL) But I am running out of patience. I am a big believer in karma and I feel like he showboats to much, and everytime he does the football Gods hit him with a fumble. Also I really appreciate you being the positive energy in the game thread the last few weeks! Keep the faith my brother!

[/QUOTE]

Will do my man.  Appreciate the kind words!  You keep posting as well!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Honestly, I think Ridley's fumble was bad luck more than sloppy ball handling.  He had two hands on the ball.  The unblocked LB simply got his helmet on the ball as Ridley tried to spin away.  Maybe Ridley should have just given up and gone down, but I don't totally blame him for trying to spin lose.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

i feel like ridley should be used just as sparingly as vareen. they are both potent as hell, but clearly not as lead backs. bolden imo should be lead back. i know im a minority here about this but i also feel like blount has potential to be a true lead back for us as well, but i doubt that will ever come to fruition

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i feel like ridley should be used just as sparingly as vareen. they are both potent as hell, but clearly not as lead backs. bolden imo should be lead back. i know im a minority here about this but i also feel like blount has potential to be a true lead back for us as well, but i doubt that will ever come to fruition

[/QUOTE]

Bottomline for me... It does not matter who the lead back is. Pats have four good backs. Maybe not nearly as good as AP, but each capable of playing mroe than well enough to help the Pats win a game or two. If one or two are not playing well in a game, the other two will be there to do a better job on that game. They need to keep finding who's hot for the game. It's a better situation than most teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

agreed well put

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bottomline for me... It does not matter who the lead back is. Pats have four good backs. Maybe not nearly as good as AP, but each capable of playing mroe than well enough to help the Pats win a game or two. If one or two are not playing well in a game, the other two will be there to do a better job on that game. They need to keep finding who's hot for the game. It's a better situation than most teams.

[/QUOTE]

+1

I like that they have a variety of skillsets between all four of them.  Vareen is clearly the Faulk type back who has amazing hands.  Ridley is the pure running back with great instincts and hard running.  Bolden is your north south, Antwain Smith type of dude who gives you three yards and a cloud of dust.  Blount is just a freak, a huge, large bodied man who has the speed to break out plays and the size to run over people (in the rare times when he wants to)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honestly, I think Ridley's fumble was bad luck more than sloppy ball handling.  He had two hands on the ball.  The unblocked LB simply got his helmet on the ball as Ridley tried to spin away.  Maybe Ridley should have just given up and gone down, but I don't totally blame him for trying to spin lose.  

[/QUOTE]

Funny how fumblers are so unlucky, ain't it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm for giving the ball to whoever can hold on to it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

thanks for that, babe

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DUH, yeah!

[/QUOTE]

Babe you are spot on regarging Ridley.  3rd year and getting worse for ball security.  Vaya con Dios, Riddle Man!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

[QUOTE]

Ridley BLOWS!

[/QUOTE]

Except for the fumbles... Tongue Out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Tiki Barber got over his fumblitis by changing his technique and drilling the new behavior into his bodymind. Deadahead (rusty) description of balling up gets it. What I wonder is what the Pats and Ridley are doing to solve the problem? How much practice time? What are the drills like? 

I think there is a solution. It just needs to be practiced and mastered. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm rooting for this guy. 

I know I may be the only one, but he's grown on me.  He needs to just use both hands... 10-15 touches a game.  

[/QUOTE]

That's what fans do. When a player shows desire and truly seems to care about the team shouldn't we take them to heart and root for them to succeed?  I remember feeling that way about Bruschi, Brown and especially Falk! Kevin had a wicked time with fumbles and through hard work and desire solved it and became incredibly reliable! Good for you and thanks for posting...too much negative shyte here at times. Your post was refreshing - thanks!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

Ridley BLOWS!

[/QUOTE]

Case in point - good job fella!