Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

Yeah, I'd say BB will punish him during the week and sit him for first series of next weekend's game, but I don't think it would be a good idea for BB to sit him for an important game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

It would be dumb. He's too good of a runner. I think he's fixed his fumbling problem and it was a freak thing he fumbled it today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Bill sat Wes, so who knows. Seattle has a great pass rush so I sure hope not. His fumbling probably cost him the playoffs last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I sure hope not. Ridley is an animal, give him the ball!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I won't be surprised to see Bolden get the start next week.  The one thing I know BB got from coaching under Parcells, was the emphasis on ball security.  Parcells not only despised it, but really despised the person putting the ball on the ground...and he'd let him know about it.

But as mentioned...he is TOO good to sit for long. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bill is extremely pissed. Probably will trade him for BJGE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Fumbles happen.  As long as it doesn't become a habit he'll be fine.  I think players are even more prone to fumble after 20 carries when fatigue sets in and the other team needs a strip.  Bolden hasn't shown me the same change of direction as Ridley.  Bolden may start next week, but Ridley will play.

Let's remember Dillon fumbled 5 times in the SB season but he kept getting the rock.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It would be almost as stupid a coaching move as going for it on 4 & 5 on the half, Ridley's talents exceed all the other RBs on the roster...combined. 

Coach him up, don't punish him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill sat Wes, so who knows. Seattle has a great pass rush so I sure hope not. His fumbling probably cost him the playoffs last year.

[/QUOTE]

And sitting him might have cost the Pats the SB. Shouldn't be so stubborn that you cut off your nose to spite your face.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fumbles happen.  As long as it doesn't become a habit he'll be fine.  I think players are even more prone to fumble after 20 carries when fatigue sets in and the other team needs a strip.  Bolden hasn't shown me the same change of direction as Ridley.  Bolden may start next week, but Ridley will play.

Let's remember Dillon fumbled 5 times in the SB season but he kept getting the rock.

[/QUOTE]

Bolden doesn't  change direction as well, but he sure does run with more power AND likes to take the hit to the opponent first....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And maybe the super bowl. Had he played over a hobbled BJGE the Patriots win that game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And sitting him might have cost the Pats the SB. Shouldn't be so stubborn that you cut off your nose to spite your face.

[/QUOTE]

exactly....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a schlub. What can we trade for you? Better yet, what do we need to give someone to take you off our hands?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Ridley's fumble was a great play by the defender as he stuck his hand in and jarred the ball loose in what looked like a photo finish to Ridley being down by contact. Either way BB won't be happy as that was the last play of the game for Ridley enter Bolden. Vareen is the lost back and he's the second fastest back on the team behind Danny Woodhead and if Demps had stayed healthy 3rd fastest. Seattle is going to be a tough test both Offensively and Defensively,hopefully TB opens up the passing game a little more and allows his receivers a chance too shine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Ridley is a beast, tha Patriots can run the ball! Love this offense and team!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Dillon carried the rock almost 350 times in the SB season.  There's no way Ridley will ever get the ball as often.  But...it'll be worth keeping an eye on the carry/fumble ratio.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a schlub. What can we trade for you? Better yet, what do we need to give someone to take you off our hands?

[/QUOTE]

+1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fumbles happen and if you have a good young back, don't beat him up to the point where it gets in his head.

I like Bolden's style. Did anyone else notice on the last drive beforer the 2 min. warning how he got the first down and made sure he stayed in bounds to keep the clock moving? Heads up play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

[QUOTE]

Fumbles happen and if you have a good young back, don't beat him up to the point where it gets in his head.

I like Bolden's style. Did anyone else notice on the last drive beforer the 2 min. warning how he got the first down and made sure he stayed in bounds to keep the clock moving? Heads up play.

[/QUOTE]

That's a big thing for me and I noticed it immediately.  I was almost more disappointed with Ridley's continued running towards the sidelines (IN THE 4TH QUARTER, PROTECTING A LEAD) than him putting the ball on the ground.  He wasn't thinking or just wasn't aware.  The fumble was just the cherry on top. 

That last run by Bolden was absolutely perfect...he almost ran out, but remembered to get down.  It was smart, situational football.  BB loves that stuff...as do I (not that it matters at all what I like).  Little stuff like that is what makes you win those close, tough games...small, little things add up in those games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Yeah, Ridley is screwed, he won't see the light of day for a while.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't disagree but Bill has done weird personell moves for years. He cut two starting safeties last year right before the start of the season and that couldn't have helped much in the super bowl either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

BJGE has fumbled 3 times this year already. 

Ridley? Once.

I think it can easily be handled by letting Vereen and Bolden get some carries next week while Ridley has his cut back (unless Vereen and Bolden are ineffective). It was a tease to see Vereen today. Been waiting for them to turn him loose one day and maybe next week is his chance. Bolden impresses me so much. The way he gets hhit and bounces up towards the huddle, he really hustles. I am ecstatic to see a running game. Even better seeing new young guys do it like Ridley, Bolden and Vereen. How about Danny today? He looked as if he'd get 100 if they gave him the carries. 

Think it's exciting now? Wait until Vereen shows his stuff. Opposing teams will be freaking out when they see we have Vereen, Ridley, Bolden, Danny and A Hernandez (in some situations) run at will. I would have been happy to see the hurry-up go all day and rushing the ball every time. The Patriots, when they did that in the 2nd quarter, looked like nothing could stop them. I mean, they looked just amazing with how they did that. Hope we see more of that and I suspect we will. Imagine that against the Giants in last year's SB? 

The Patriots are no longer a "pass first and often" team. They have some serious big caliber weapons to utilize now. I love it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Resorting to name calling I see.

Is that how you want to roll with me? I can oblige you if you insist. REALLY!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dillon carried the rock almost 350 times in the SB season.  There's no way Ridley will ever get the ball as often.  But...it'll be worth keeping an eye on the carry/fumble ratio.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley has 102 carries through 5 games.  That projects to 326 carries through 16 games.  Obviously BB and JM will make the decisions, but Ridley is carrying the ball 20 times a game and the difference between this and Dillon's season is 1.5 carries a game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.

[/QUOTE]

Since you like the name calling so much, I offer you the same deal. Want some?