Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Ridley To End Up In BB's Doghouse for Fumble?

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It wasn't just that fumble though. He also fumbled it in the end zone after scoring the TD. I obviously want him on the field as much as possible but like someone said earlier, Belichek is a Parcells guy and in his eyes fumblers were the scum of the earth.

[/QUOTE]

thats why ridely has a complex about it, whihc wont improve his perf adn may hurt it (including fumbles).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like how Ridley fights for extra yardage.  That's a good thing.  My only gripe is that he tends to do a pirouette-like move before he goes down which puts the ball in a vulnerable position to be knocked free.  (Like yesterday if memory serves.)  I'd rather he put two arms on the ball and get 1 yard less at times.  It's hard to fault a guy for extra effort though.  

Bruschi in particular is all over Ridley for being a fumbler.  Every RB fumbles, not sure why Tedy seems to question Ridley so much.  Bruschi said in a column that Ridely is getting a reputation across the league for coughing up the ball.  I think that is a bit unfair to say that at this point.  I think Ridley in unquestionably a talented back, the best on the roster.  I think it hurts the team to give him less carries. 

[/QUOTE]

" Bruschi said in a column that Ridely is getting a reputation across the league for coughing up the ball.  I think that is a bit unfair to say that at this point.  I think Ridley in unquestionably a talented back, the best on the roster.  I think it hurts the team to give him less carries."

im wiht you. also if teddy is sayihg this it sounds like he is reponding more to the big deal bb has made about ridleys limited fumbles.

what he said he shold be saying about bjge, 3 fumbles in 30 carries. now that's bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Ridley didn't fumble in the endzone, he was obviously down by contact.

The fumble he DID have was a good play by the defender. He spun Ridley onto his back on the way to the ground, give the guy some credit for making a good play. He ripped it out. It wasn't like McGahee's weak a s s fumble. If a Patriot had made that play, we'd all be lauding the play by the defender, not the weak fumble by the RB.

RBs fumble, it's part of the job (take a look at BJGE lately before you reference him). Should Brady be benched for that horrible fumble and 20 yard loss on the 4th down play? Then how do you justify benching Ridley? Brady's was far more costly in my opinion. At least Ridley's left them with a 90 yard field, not 45.

The kid has OBVIOUSLY worked hard from last season, he covers up with both arms nearly every time he's coming into contact, which is drastically different from last year. In space, yeah, it sometimes gets exposed...but only in space.

People are making far too much out of this. He fumbled, what? In 3 straight games last year before taking a seat? Now, after the first back-to-back 100 yard russhing games since 2007, people think he gets benched?

Overreact much?

Now, given they are playing Seattle this week...with a bigger, more physical defense than most...I would not be surprised to see Bolden featured a little more as he is the more "bruiser" of the two (in running style only, they are listed at the same 5'11", 220), and would figure to be the guy running into that D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

What I would like to see is a game with no turnovers by the offense. That means the whole enchilada. No fumbles, no INTs no safeties no blocked kicks.

Do that and we'll win

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It wasn't just that fumble though. He also fumbled it in the end zone after scoring the TD. I obviously want him on the field as much as possible but like someone said earlier, Belichek is a Parcells guy and in his eyes fumblers were the scum of the earth.

The ground can't cause a fumble. The ground did cause that fumble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess good plays by a defender doesn't count?  If a Patriot defender causes a fumble, I'll have to remember it is not the skill of the defender that caused the fumble, but, the lax handling of the ball by the runner.  Pats D stinks when it comes to causing fumbles, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The ground can cause a fumble only if the ball-carrier wasn't touched by a defender. Ridley was tackled before the ball popped out in the endzone. No fumble.

Ridley will start Sunday.