Risk: John Drew

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Risk: John Drew

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Agreed...anyone whose been ko'd by a school for gun posession is a risk...but that is the way it goes today...given that we all now know that the 'Patriot's Way" is, for the most part, a total bunch of hooie, then as long as he doesn't "sin" again and is talented, I'm all for it...

This is really where I stand on this...  The only reason I say this is a risk is because a gun was invloved.  If it was a DUI or something of that nature, I wouldn't be so quick to judge.  I just think the media will be praying on this...  Obviously I hope this guy contributes and mkaes the team.  I'm just a little worried after all the crap that went down...

I think you mean "preying".  Well, they certainly have you hooked. No offense, you're a good fan, but the ESPN angle exists because of fans like you.

You can't connect every single off field incident, past, present or future. Don't take the media bait. It appears you have.

I am not worried at all. Hernandez has been released, NE strives and believes in creating a positive locker room with quality people. Although they missed the boat in that area with Hernandez, I just don't see a pattern with this 90th man in camp with Drew. Sorry.

Again, unless you believe NE knew Hernandez was a thug and didn't care, these are just unfortunate coincidences in the offseason for the team.

Dennard, you could argue it's a pattern, but I don't think the Pats believed the Lincoln PD's story and they probably thought undercover cops outside a bar is not only sketchy police protocol, but they likely believed Dennard's admittance of resist in the confusuion and him not knowing who was putting their hands on him.

Very reasonable even if convicted. I thought Dennard taking the stand showed he wasn't guilty of anything overreacting in a crowd of people after someone was cold cocked in a crowd.

Now, if the court has some evidence of a .09 or beyond on 7.31, then you could argue that is a pattern and a problem.   

All in all, you can bet that there are coincidences, unfortunate ones, that will not, in any way, affect the team in 2013.

Kraft and BB always make the right decisions in these areas, whether it's Randy Moss acting up in 2010 or right now with the offseason issues here.

"No offense, you're a good fan, but the ESPN angle exists because of fans like you." 

Maybe I am concerned.....  I'll leave it at that.  I think I have done enough around here to seperate myself from such a theory on my outlook and opinions, than to be a product of ESPN sensationalism.  That's not me bro.  Anyone who knows me - knows I don't jump on that wagon.   

Guy smokes weed... I don't really care.  Guy walks around with gun - Yes I am concerned, especially with the recent events - that's all I am saying. 

As far as Dennard.  Strike 2, not 3.  Regardless of his outcome.  He needs to move to Mass permanently and stay out of Nebraska, or wherever he is now... 

So each player is specific in nature on how I view my opinion. 

Is your feelings towards my thread based on me using the word "Risk"?

Yes. I agree with all you just said completely and yes, I felt the word "risk" with the colon after it was very sensationalistic.

I knew I knew that name and then as I opened it I was trying to figure out why you used the word.

I am pretty sure it wasn't his gun, by the way. He was just with the 2 other dudes on campus where one of them shot it off.

Like I said, if there was a pattern of actual criminal behavior with Drew, then I would agree with you. That's not the case.

With Dennard, agree he's guilty for making a stupid decision to even put himself into an environment where he was actually incorrectly fingered for something 2 years ago, which now makes him a felon.   It will depend on how the team feels about that dumb decision and/or the arrest of a suspicion with no evidence of a DUI, sits in court.

I think we can all agree these athletes aren't the mature people they probably should be at 22 or 23, and should take every move they make VERY seriously.

The good news is, he's been clean before and after that event and he actually chose Duke over GA Tech, so it's clear he has some smarts even if not the brightest bulb in the shed in society.

I understand.  The term risk was supposed to sum up my thoughts with one word, and then the short summary provided by NFP was to explain it.  I wasn't trying to get people's attention by creating a catchy title if that's how it looks.

Again, the Pats can use all the DT's they can get right now, and I hope he breaks through as a difference maker.  I hope this incident is in the past and his character is better than what I perceive at the moment. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

And it was 3 years ago and he's been OK since then. He'll work with Vince at being a NT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So  CB Eric Wright is now available... again.

Would he be considered a risk?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Frankly, I am not surprised. The sane public would say what do the Pats need the bad press for signing another guy with a gun...but this is BB thumbing his nose at everyone (including Kraft??) and saying, "Hey, I am BB, and I do whatever I want to do, and I refuse to be swayed by anyone who may have an opinion on the issue".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

He's the 90th roster spot. An extreme long- shot to make the team. I won't pretend to know the specifics of his gun incident, or get into that debate, but what I do know is that he is a pretty good talent to fill our final open spot.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agian rusty your  going off topic with your rants.This has nothing to do with 50k  suvs or shopping at walmart.This has to do with illegal gun play which he got off of cause a football player .Yes he was kicked out and tranffered ,he should have been in jail like most of us would have been.

It's not off topic at all.

1. 3 DUke players kicked off team in 2010 for a gun being used on campus.

2. The state of North Carolina (Duke is in Durham, NC) is considering allowing the carrying of a firearm by students on campuses.

That is not off topic at all. That's a fact that ties into the irony. The newly elected Republican state legislature and governor are running amuck down here since earlier this year when they took over, being morons in general, basically rebelling after Obama was re-elected. Right wing extremists, especially in the south, don't like science, data, fact or logic.

I also mentioned a Carolina star basketball player arrested for an unregistered gun in his car, which was rented by a felon for him.

Guns and the reasons people want them, how easy it is for anyone to acquire them, is a problem in our society right  now. 

Never in a million years did I go off to a college thinking I needed or wanted a gun.  I might have wanted access to booze and weed (and a high volume of girls), but that's all I was thinking about going off to college.

[/QUOTE]

You bring up walmart and people with SUVs isnt off topic in part of one of your rants?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Not a risk?

The world according to rusty:

Dennard was young, immature, framed and not a risk,  despite being a convicted felon

Hernandez was was young, immature, framed and not a risk, despite being an accused felon with numerous other encounters with the law.

Drew was immature, (still waiting on how he was framed) despite firing an illegal fire arm in public, where he could have killed someone.

Maybe it's high time BB stops looking under rocks for players.

As far as I know, only snakes and rodents and insects, live under rocks.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

I can't believe no one commented on this.

Poor Tom Brady. He was forced to become great because of that dreadful defense. If only the defense were better, Brady could have remained a cog rather than the power train. Also he would have accepted a cog salary so the team could sign more stars to make the defense better. Poor Tom. He must be ticked and who could blame him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if it is true that he can run a 4.79 forty yard dash  and dunk a basketball (accoring to his coach) at 330 pounds he is quite the athlete.  especially with his 31 reps at 225, could be a good pick up for cheap with proper behavorial clauses in his contract.  We need another big man athlete in the middle of our defense behind wilfork.  lets see what this guy can do.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Per Reiss:  http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

Rookie defensive lineman John Drew had a contract in hand from the Patriots this morning after agreeing to terms, but the team decided to go in a different direction for unknown reasons.

Thus, though the sides agreed to terms, the contract was never finalized.

Drew, who had passed a conditioning test with the club, will now pursue workouts with other clubs.

This type of a situation is a reminder that while sides can agree to terms, nothing is official until the contract is finalized and sent into the league office. One possibility is that the Patriots had second thoughts based on Drew being kicked off the football team at Duke after being arrested for firing a gun on campus.

Instead of Drew, the Patriots signed Rashad Anthony White, a nose tackle from Michigan State.

Well I guess I can label him a risk after all.  LOL... honestly, I am glad they moved on and signed White instead. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Per Reiss:  http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

Rookie defensive lineman John Drew had a contract in hand from the Patriots this morning after agreeing to terms, but the team decided to go in a different direction for unknown reasons.

Thus, though the sides agreed to terms, the contract was never finalized.

Drew, who had passed a conditioning test with the club, will now pursue workouts with other clubs.

This type of a situation is a reminder that while sides can agree to terms, nothing is official until the contract is finalized and sent into the league office. One possibility is that the Patriots had second thoughts based on Drew being kicked off the football team at Duke after being arrested for firing a gun on campus.

Instead of Drew, the Patriots signed Rashad Anthony White, a nose tackle from Michigan State.

Well I guess I can label him a risk after all.  LOL... honestly, I am glad they moved on and signed White instead. 

Well that made for a very short disscussion ,but remember it had nothing to do with the gun charge and with the people who drive SUVs and shop at walmart.lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well I won't lie sox, it's times like these were I wonder why I spend so much time debating on topics that really have no importance.  I did have some fun, but still.... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Well I won't lie sox, it's times like these were I wonder why I spend so much time debating on topics that really have no importance.  I did have some fun, but still.... 

That wasnt a shot at you,but rusty for making excuses and the thread being hijacked with his rants.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That wasnt a shot at you,but rusty for making excuses and the thread being hijacked with his rants.

[/QUOTE]

You started it with trolling/horrendous reading comprehension. Don't pin your reading comprehension on me. I was merely trying to share info from what I know on Drew since his name was somewhat known around here.

Grow up and please get to a college. Your type is so annoying. It's like you feel so insecure that you don't things and decide to follow me around, insecure you don't know certain things.

Very odd, too.

[/QUOTE]

You're really not making a good case for going to college.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots looked at the production from the Sox Stephan Drew and decided not make the same mistake the Sox have made twice,signing a Drew!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

You started it with trolling/horrendous reading comprehension. Don't pin your reading comprehension on me. I was merely trying to share info from what I know on Drew since his name was somewhat known around here.

Grow up and please get to a college. Your type is so annoying. It's like you feel so insecure that you don't things and decide to follow me around, insecure you don't know certain things.

Very odd, too.

rusty really doesn't make a good case for most things

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Very odd, too.

Umm, why is that? RedSoxrocks can't even make a coherent sentence and somehow his challenging me  (after not reading well) is a good case? lol

What is your problem lately anyway?  

The problem is you don't make sense ,like dennard was attack by a undercover cop.That is false ,cause that cop told him toleave the area 2 times before.So dennard knew he was a undercover cop.

Another thing is bring up race when it isnt about race.You saying stuff like people who shop at walmart blah blah blah,it gets alittle old .

why being up your so smart and everyones dumb so and so,seems to me you got a ego problem and think your better then everyone else.

I hope thats thats enough.