Rkarp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Rkarp

Patriots placed DT Tommy Kelly on injured reserve with a knee injury, ending his season.

Kelly had missed the last three games due to the injury and may have suffered a setback after attempting to practice on a limited basis this week. With Vince Wilfork already out for the year, his loss leaves New England without both of their starting defensive tackles for the rest of the season. The Patriots will now go with a rotation of Isaac Sopoaga, Chris Jones, and Joe Vellano. OL Josh Kline has been promoted from the practice squad to replace Kelly on the active roster.  

He called it guys....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Rkarp

Good get by rk arprk arp

am disappointed

I think what was giving me hope was that he went back in the game after being injured and then they took three weeks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I am here to bear witness that indeed rkarp called it.  All praise to rkarp.

Anyone see Harvey?

He is probably forumulating a plan to counteract this ownage by rkarp.  He is probably in secret talks with the other guy, guagmire, who was also owned because of this development.  When I first started posting here Quagmire seemed cool and then started bashing everyone, becoming, do I dare say, a lo t like Harvey.  Harvey is probably going to come back and either act like nothing happened, which is what all crazy people due, or he is waiting for a negative league story to come out about a player, team, coach, or owner and then he will try and draw all attention to that story and the "mistakes" that player, team, coach has made.

Harvey, turn in your man card because you are sitting with the grold, brvs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rkarp is the real deal and one of the few quality on this board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just four hours ago rusty was ridiculing rkarp for posting the thread regarding Kelly, he went so far to say Kelly would of been placed on injured reserve long ago if he had a serious knee injury at his playing weight (per usual he used his own unscientific logic system that never works). Well rkarp was right again and rusty was wrong per usual. This one though was down right surgical...he called this one to a T...perfection. Can you believe rusty and his boy toy quagmire won't give this guy any credit, or slack? It's sick, it really is.

Rusty 0....rkarp 10000. It's getting embarrassing folks! The warnings were out people! Thanks Bill Belichick...thank you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am here to bear witness that indeed rkarp called it.  All praise to rkarp.

Anyone see Harvey?

He is probably forumulating a plan to counteract this ownage by rkarp.  He is probably in secret talks with the other guy, guagmire, who was also owned because of this development.  When I first started posting here Quagmire seemed cool and then started bashing everyone, becoming, do I dare say, a lo t like Harvey.  Harvey is probably going to come back and either act like nothing happened, which is what all crazy people due, or he is waiting for a negative league story to come out about a player, team, coach, or owner and then he will try and draw all attention to that story and the "mistakes" that player, team, coach has made.

Harvey, turn in your man card because you are sitting with the grold, brvs

[/QUOTE]

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Rkarp - nice job, who is your source?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Rkarp works for the media, my guess is NY media as he knows a lot about the jets, either that or he covers N.E sports but is a Jets fan. He usually has some info before it hits the news so he has some insid3 ties, but he undoubtedly is a Patriot hater and has consistently taken subtle shots at BB, Kraft, and the Patriot organization.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Kudos to Rkarp. I appreciate rkarps' well informed contributions, nice job!

Yes, Rkarp called it about T. Kelly and a few others as well. Rusty, on the other hand was theoretically correct in assuming that if Kelly was done, he would have been put on IR already if not immediately. I think BB knew all along but did'nt want the info disclosed, at that time. I think many, including myself, here were hoping and thinking, just like Rusty. We were wrong, no apologies needed. The foolish name calling is another thing ......

BB cerainly has his plate full now and if any Coach can still get us to the dance -under these extreme circumstances; BB is the man.

Thanks to RKarp and all the other real good posters whom make the board, nice reading.... ;-))

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Thanks buddy. Great call and info.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Rkarp need not respond. The fact the a lot in here skewered him after Kelly was "at" practice speaks volumes about the average poster/poser on this board.........Quick to judge usually is a sign of a lack of intelligence........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

well I am one who owes an apology to Rkarp. I thought you were throwing sh1t against the wall to see what would stick. You were right on TK, but man I am hoping you are wrong on Aquib Talib!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"he undoubtedly is a Patriot hater and has consistently taken subtle shots at BB, Kraft, and the Patriot organization."

hmm well Rusty takes broadside shots on Brady all the time, I assume he is a Patriot hater also? 

bottom line is "hate" as you define it is subjective, what is not subjective is rkarp brings info into this forum that is accurate and he brings it sooner than others.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hey, credit where credit is due.  The guy told us that he had heard rumblings this one was coming and what he reported came to pass.  Take every comment on this board for what it's worth; some have credibility others do not.  Thanks for the heads-up, rkarp. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rkarp works for the media, my guess is NY media as he knows a lot about the jets, either that or he covers N.E sports but is a Jets fan. He usually has some info before it hits the news so he has some insid3 ties, but he undoubtedly is a Patriot hater and has consistently taken subtle shots at BB, Kraft, and the Patriot organization.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon Champ . . . he's no Patriot hater.  He just speaks it like he calls it . . . and he's often right, despite the flack he takes from certain Patriots-can-do-no-wrong homers.

I think Rkarp works for ESPN in event set-up if I'm not mistaken and seems to focus on the Boston area. Said he had his own company that was bought by ESPN.  That gives him access beyond what most people would have, so his information is often based on more facts than the average poster here could possibly have access to.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Whoa. Let's slow down here. I only repeated what some one told me. there were MANY legit journalists that also were 100% on top of this thru hard work. Their hands were tied in reporting anything thru a legit outlet until it was double confirmed. Extremely hard to do around a BB team. There were countless hard working people who knew this info. I feel their frustration in covering this team when it comes to supplying the fans any info

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Tell that to my wallet which has been paying for Pats season tickets for over 30 years. 

Btw, my criticisms of the pats have not been subtle. I have been very pointed on what I feel they have done a poor job with. Free agency, the Hern situation, Mankins negotiations, relationships with the media. I have also been extremely complimentary regarding player development, creating a family atmosphere for ex players, cleaning up the stadium experience, the coaching "staff" which I feel the staff, albeit a changing group over the years, has been continuously top 3 in the NFL year in and year out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Weak

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whoa. Let's slow down here. I only repeated what some one told me. there were MANY legit journalists that also were 100% on top of this thru hard work. Their hands were tied in reporting anything thru a legit outlet until it was double confirmed. Extremely hard to do around a BB team. There were countless hard working people who knew this info. I feel their frustration in covering this team when it comes to supplying the fans any info

[/QUOTE]

That's good to know, because I always kind of thought that the media around here was just utterly clueless regarding this team...I mean I can't remember the last time something was reported before it actually happened. Truthfully I don't read anything from anyone around here locally anymore - if I want information on the team I'll come here because someone would of found some sort of link to an outside article. I can't imagine what it must be like covering this team, personally I wonder why they all don't just get together and start approaching it differently...I mean what could the pats do to them? How could they make it worse on them? I guess they could ban them from press conferences, but they get nothing there anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's good to know, because I always kind of thought that the media around here was just utterly clueless regarding this team...I mean I can't remember the last time something was reported before it actually happened. Truthfully I don't read anything from anyone around here locally anymore - if I want information on the team I'll come here because someone would of found some sort of link to an outside article. I can't imagine what it must be like covering this team, personally I wonder why they all don't just get together and start approaching it differently...I mean what could the pats do to them? How could they make it worse on them? I guess they could ban them from press conferences, but they get nothing there anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Spot on, but the issue is not with the people actually covering the team.it is the team it self, not allowing a spec of info officially to be released. Agree with the policy or not, is up to each individual. But the losers are people like us who want as much info about the team as possible. The is not a media outlet in the country worth a grain of salt that will allow unsubstantiated news to be released as fact

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

RKarp: Why can't a sportswriter report what he heard, as long as he qualifies it as unverified, as you did? We're not talking national security here.  No lives would be lost if Joe Reporter comes out and reports that the word is Tommy Kelly is done for the year, but that the team hasn't verified it.

If that's what he heard, then it's a true statement. What's the problem?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RKarp: Why can't a sportswriter report what he heard, as long as he qualifies it as unverified, as you did? We're not talking national security here.  No lives would be lost if Joe Reporter comes out and reports that the word is Tommy Kelly is done for the year, but that the team hasn't verified it.

[/QUOTE]

Legitimate news outlets just don't operate like that.  You can get those kinds of rumours reported on blogs, but any outlet that wants to maintain its reputation as a credible source of information isn't going to report things that are unconfirmed.  If your brand is based in part on your credibility, you aren't going to risk that brand by reporting heresay and rumour. 

Also, your sources may clam up if you start reporting whatever they say . . .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

RKarp: Why can't a sportswriter report what he heard, as long as he qualifies it as unverified, as you did? We're not talking national security here.  No lives would be lost if Joe Reporter comes out and reports that the word is Tommy Kelly is done for the year, but that the team hasn't verified it. If that's what he heard, then it's a true statement. What's the problem?

[/QUOTE]

Editors will not allow it with any of the outlets.....

sure, you can get a columnist to report opinion pieces, but you don't get them around the stadium working on injuries And here say. Every now and then, you will see a guy like Donaldson around, and he sometimes comments on the tight lip ness, and every now and then Curren will as well, but for the most part, they have other angles they wish to pursue. 

Also, don't for one minute down play the teams clout to shut any story down they don't want out there. This includes the Sox, C's as well.....teams relationship with the media goes all the way to the top ( obvious now with the Sox)....

I will throw Harvey a bone. There are a lot of media types covering this team that have had it with BB and his treatment, and how hard it makes their jobs. A guy like Reiss is the absolute exception, but many covering the team are pining to do a far reaching piece on BB....team won't allow it and has the ability to shut it down with most outlets, even IMO here at ESPN. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Legitimate news outlets just don't operate like that.  You can get those kinds of rumours reported on blogs, but any outlet that wants to maintain its reputation as a credible source of information isn't going to report things that are unconfirmed.  If your brand is based in part on your credibility, you aren't going to risk that brand by reporting heresay and rumour. 

[/QUOTE]

"Legitimate" news outlets put their "rules" aside all the time.  They don't wait for a 2nd source when there is a big story breaking.   The Boston Bombings and the LA Airport shooting are 2 examples that leap immediately to mind.  The race to get the info out before the competition is more important than getting it double-sourced.  Then they apologize later and say "well, that's what we were told".   Did anyone watch John King from CNN falling all over himself getting everything wrong in the Boston Bombings?  I'm pretty sure CNN is still in business and King is still in their employ.

If TK's injury was a life/death major story (well, maybe it is for some Pats fans) the media would be much more lax with their "rules".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about hearsay and rumor, I'm talking about credible sources but just not verified by the team.

I get that sources may clam up, but I see reports ALL THE TIME that say things like "Word is..." or "I'm hearing that...." or "I'm told that..." Not on blogs either, I'm talking about ESPN, etc. As long as it's qualified and you're not saying it's fact, I don't see the problem.

It seems that media covering the Pats are intimidated by BB. They'll run that sort of unverified story about other teams all the time, but not about the Pats. I guess it's a question of courage. But if you're not getting anything from BB anyway (and you're not), what do you risk by running the sort of story that gets run about other teams routinely? Is he going to give you a longer scowl?