Rkarp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Rkarp

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RKarp: Why can't a sportswriter report what he heard, as long as he qualifies it as unverified, as you did? We're not talking national security here.  No lives would be lost if Joe Reporter comes out and reports that the word is Tommy Kelly is done for the year, but that the team hasn't verified it.

If that's what he heard, then it's a true statement. What's the problem?

[/QUOTE]

Legitimate news outlets just don't operate like that.  You can get those kinds of rumours reported on blogs, but any outlet that wants to maintain its reputation as a credible source of information isn't going to report things that are unconfirmed.  If your brand is based in part on your credibility, you aren't going to risk that brand by reporting heresay and rumour. 

Also, your sources may clam up if you start reporting whatever they say . . .

[/QUOTE]

"Legitimate" news outlets put their "rules" aside all the time.  They don't wait for a 2nd source when there is a big story breaking.   The Boston Bombings and the LA Airport shooting are 2 examples that leap immediately to mind.  The race to get the info out before the competition is more important than getting it double-sourced.  Then they apologize later and say "well, that's what we were told".   Did anyone watch John King from CNN falling all over himself getting everything wrong in the Boston Bombings?  I'm pretty sure CNN is still in business and King is still in their employ.

If TK's injury was a life/death major story (well, maybe it is for some Pats fans) the media would be much more lax with their "rules".

[/QUOTE]

It's not that they throw out the rules, it's that they have different rules when reporting live from the scene of an event underway.  Very different situations. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RKarp: Why can't a sportswriter report what he heard, as long as he qualifies it as unverified, as you did? We're not talking national security here.  No lives would be lost if Joe Reporter comes out and reports that the word is Tommy Kelly is done for the year, but that the team hasn't verified it.

[/QUOTE]

Legitimate news outlets just don't operate like that.  You can get those kinds of rumours reported on blogs, but any outlet that wants to maintain its reputation as a credible source of information isn't going to report things that are unconfirmed.  If your brand is based in part on your credibility, you aren't going to risk that brand by reporting heresay and rumour. 

[/QUOTE]

"Legitimate" news outlets put their "rules" aside all the time.  They don't wait for a 2nd source when there is a big story breaking.   The Boston Bombings and the LA Airport shooting are 2 examples that leap immediately to mind.  The race to get the info out before the competition is more important than getting it double-sourced.  Then they apologize later and say "well, that's what we were told".   Did anyone watch John King from CNN falling all over himself getting everything wrong in the Boston Bombings?  I'm pretty sure CNN is still in business and King is still in their employ.

If TK's injury was a life/death major story (well, maybe it is for some Pats fans) the media would be much more lax with their "rules".

[/QUOTE]

It's not that they throw out the rules, it's that they have different rules when reporting live from the scene of an event underway.  Very different situations. 

[/QUOTE]

Splitting hairs.  That's a distinction without a difference.  So, if I'm a reporter at Foxboro and I hear someone say TK is done I was not "live at the scene"?  It's the scale of the event - nothing more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about hearsay and rumor, I'm talking about credible sources but just not verified by the team.

I get that sources may clam up, but I see reports ALL THE TIME that say things like "Word is..." or "I'm hearing that...." or "I'm told that..." Not on blogs either, I'm talking about ESPN, etc. As long as it's qualified and you're not saying it's fact, I don't see the problem.

It seems that media covering the Pats are intimidated by BB. They'll run that sort of unverified story about other teams all the time, but not about the Pats. I guess it's a question of courage. But if you're not getting anything from BB anyway (and you're not), what do you risk by running the sort of story that gets run about other teams routinely? Is he going to give you a longer scowl?

[/QUOTE]

In some of these situations it depends on what your sources say to you.  If they're speaking with an agreement they are off record, you don't want to violate that.  If you do, you'll lose that source and maybe risk the Pats giving you even less access than you already have.  Remember, a lot of these sources are hired by the Pats.  They could potentially lose their livelihoods if a reporter says something.  Reporters have to navigate all that. It's not that they're cowards, it's that they have more challenging jobs than many think. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Splitting hairs.  That's a distinction without a difference.  So, if I'm a reporter at Foxboro and I hear someone say TK is done I was not "live at the scene"?  It's the scale of the event - nothing more.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a reporter? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

Are you a reporter? 

[/QUOTE]

No, I'm a consumer of "news".  What's the point you are trying to make?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are you a reporter? 

[/QUOTE]

No, I'm a consumer of "news".  What's the point you are trying to make?

[/QUOTE]

I'm a consumer of health care too, but that doesn't mean I don't give my cardiologist the benefit of the doubt that he knows how to do his job better than I do.  Everybody seems to be an expert here on how reporters should do their jobs, but how many of us have been reporters? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

BTW here is what Mike Reiss had to say today about TK's injury. Sounds like re-injured in practice?

As recently as one week ago, I don’t think the Patriots or veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly were thinking season-ending injured reserve would be the end result from his Oct. 6 right knee injury. Kelly said after that game that he didn’t think it was anything too serious, although the knee flared up soon after. Then when we saw Kelly in the locker room late last week, he told reporters respectfully that he’d look forward to talking to them once he returned. It wasn’t a question of “if” at that point. Kelly returned to practice on a limited basis this past Wednesday and Thursday, and it appears he had a setback at that time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4752458/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-7?ex_cid=espnapi_public

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am here to bear witness that indeed rkarp called it.  All praise to rkarp.

Anyone see Harvey?

He is probably forumulating a plan to counteract this ownage by rkarp.  He is probably in secret talks with the other guy, guagmire, who was also owned because of this development.  When I first started posting here Quagmire seemed cool and then started bashing everyone, becoming, do I dare say, a lo t like Harvey.  Harvey is probably going to come back and either act like nothing happened, which is what all crazy people due, or he is waiting for a negative league story to come out about a player, team, coach, or owner and then he will try and draw all attention to that story and the "mistakes" that player, team, coach has made.

Harvey, turn in your man card because you are sitting with the grold, brvs

[/QUOTE]

I dont bash folks i like to talk football. the only person i ever get on are folks who get on me and that has been you and Rkarp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

RKarp, good work...

As for the media, they are complete propaganda shills and told from above what they can and cannot say, not specifically on sports but stuff that actually matters.  Want some classic examples:

Whether it was something as innocent as Nancy Grace pretending to report via satellite but actually being a few feet from the reporter she was corresponding with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LTB932VKjk

Or do you want something more sinister, how about Charles Jacobs and CNN faking the news in front of a blue screen during the gulf war, even pretending like they're under attack in Israel and Saudi Arabia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtlr2fqjf8

Then there are always public health issues, you'll never hear anti-Monsanto news stories in the news, here's a good one describing why everyone you know has a story about cancer in their family:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVKvzHWuJRU

Or if you've got more time, how about the Boys Town scandal involving pedophiles and ritual abuse at the highest levels of politics and our power structures like law enforcement, judges, corporate moguls etc... that was covered up and hasn't been allowed to air on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF8vq_mKSJg

In short the media is a joke, you need to find alternative news sources if you want the truth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RKarp, good work...

As for the media, they are complete propaganda shills and told from above what they can and cannot say, not specifically on sports but stuff that actually matters.  Want some classic examples:

Whether it was something as innocent as Nancy Grace pretending to report via satellite but actually being a few feet from the reporter she was corresponding with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LTB932VKjk

Or do you want something more sinister, how about Charles Jacobs and CNN faking the news in front of a blue screen during the gulf war, even pretending like they're under attack in Israel and Saudi Arabia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtlr2fqjf8

Then there are always public health issues, you'll never hear anti-Monsanto news stories in the news, here's a good one describing why everyone you know has a story about cancer in their family:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVKvzHWuJRU

Or if you've got more time, how about the Boys Town scandal involving pedophiles and ritual abuse at the highest levels of politics and our power structures like law enforcement, judges, corporate moguls etc... that was covered up and hasn't been allowed to air on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF8vq_mKSJg

In short the media is a joke, you need to find alternative news sources if you want the truth.

[/QUOTE]

Amen. Maybe rkarp is the alternative source as what he hears and posts here is not being washed by espn. Simply unfiltered water cooler talk. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rkarp works for the media, my guess is NY media as he knows a lot about the jets, either that or he covers N.E sports but is a Jets fan. He usually has some info before it hits the news so he has some insid3 ties, but he undoubtedly is a Patriot hater and has consistently taken subtle shots at BB, Kraft, and the Patriot organization.

[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Tell that to my wallet which has been paying for Pats season tickets for over 30 years. 

Btw, my criticisms of the pats have not been subtle. I have been very pointed on what I feel they have done a poor job with. Free agency, the Hern situation, Mankins negotiations, relationships with the media. I have also been extremely complimentary regarding player development, creating a family atmosphere for ex players, cleaning up the stadium experience, the coaching "staff" which I feel the staff, albeit a changing group over the years, has been continuously top 3 in the NFL year in and year out. 

[/QUOTE]
    You see, now the Hern situation is exactly what im talking about. You sided with the minority and seemingly agreed with the Rolling stones article which was condemned by multiple media outlets. We drafted a talented but troubled kid that every nfl team does. Every single nfl team, but he turned out to be the worst kind of human being after 3 relatively quiet and very productive years. The Patriots did nothing wrong here.

You tell me you are a season tix holder for 30 years, and I wil take your word for it, but the jets must be your 2nd favorite team? Dont lie to me bud. I've seen way too many references and statements defending how they have drafted and their personnel,  over the last 4 years of discussion with you.

I have no problem with objectivity. I have a problem with "fans" like Babe, and a few others who come on this site to ONLY spew negativity about the team that has won more championships, more playoff games and more regular season games then any other team in the league since Bill Belichick started running things here.

I can't help it. I am a fan of this team, I cheer for this team, and I see a lot of things they not only do right but do better then everyone else. I too get in a tissy when we dont draft the Dez Bryants or go for DT depth in the draft, and that our D Backs have been bad the last 5 years, but it pales in comparison to the teams that have been built here in N.E. Playoffs every year, a SB birth almosy every other. 

Enjoy the ride my "objective" friends. Enjoy it while it lasts. You will actually have something to whine about when Bill Belichick hangs up his clipboard. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Speaking of the media, my kids turned me on to an excellent show on HBO called The Newsroom. It stars Jeff Daniels and Emily Mortimer and it's about a cable news team. It covers many of the issues mentioned here on this thread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

With that said,, I do enjoy your contributions  to the forum, particularly your insight this preseason as it seemed like you may have been at Gillette more then in the past.

You not bad for a Jets fanYell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW here is what Mike Reiss had to say today about TK's injury. Sounds like re-injured in practice?

As recently as one week ago, I don’t think the Patriots or veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly were thinking season-ending injured reserve would be the end result from his Oct. 6 right knee injury. Kelly said after that game that he didn’t think it was anything too serious, although the knee flared up soon after. Then when we saw Kelly in the locker room late last week, he told reporters respectfully that he’d look forward to talking to them once he returned. It wasn’t a question of “if” at that point. Kelly returned to practice on a limited basis this past Wednesday and Thursday, and it appears he had a setback at that time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4752458/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-7?ex_cid=espnapi_public

[/QUOTE]

Yep. RKrap happened to guess right this time. Sometimes his speculation favors his trolling, sometimes not.  He was actually wrong this week when Kelly returned.  He said Kelly was scheduled for surgery this week.   

Bad news yet again, but RKrap wasn't right about anything. If he was, he'd tell us the day in which the surgery will happen this week and what the injury is.  He's done neither. HIs premise was IR AND surgery this week. We shall see if he's right.

[/QUOTE]

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

We have found the biggest moron in the history of the Internet folks!!

I love watching rusty get absolutely destroyed by rkarp. Demolished.

The warnings were out people!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Yep. You nailed it, True Champ.

RKrap is not fooling anyone. He works for ESPN and is likely here to pose as a Pats fan, lie and spell doom and gloom for the Pats, while bashing BB's every move.

Also, never wager with him. He welches on the bet.

[/QUOTE]

Have you apologized yet rusty? Then again, you owe most people here an apology. You behave like a drunken adolescent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have you apologized yet rusty? Then again, you owe most people here an apology. You behave like a drunken adolescent.

[/QUOTE]

What would you expect from a guy that turns Rkarp's name around like a 3rd grader?  Rkarp nailed it, sad to say.

Go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

mike reiss said he was blindsided by the Kelly to ir move. And he is the best pats reporter. rkarp  must be bill belichick 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rusty, you have been put up on the stage, solo in the spotlight, and have undressed yourself to show everyone, again, what a complete and total fool you are.

A man would have done what Quagmire did.  Quad is still a toolbag for many of his actions here, but at least he was man enough to stand up and apologize.

You try to spin it further, which simply puts the spotlight brighter on your amazing stupidity.

You'll never recover from this.

You can't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Look up chickensh*t in the dictionary and you will see a big mugshot of Harvey ballbanger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Look at Rusty squirm!  Here he is back trying to spin another one of his pie in the face, foot in the mouth moments.  Typical Rusty to come on here and bash people like Rkarp without even considering that Rkarp could be correct.  And he does it all the time.  When he is wrong he tries to spin it. 

Have you no shame by coming back here and trying to spin it to make you look better?  You have been stoned here and it's all your fault because of the way you are.  You are a complete joke on this forum.  But I get it, this is all you have in life.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look up chickensh*t in the dictionary and you will see a big mugshot of Harvey ballbanger.

[/QUOTE]

Found his mugshot

Here is Harvey

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

great inside info. to be honest im glad you broke the possibility of this earlier because once the news finallly broke i wasnt as suprised/upset. i was kinda prepared for this in a way.

all in all thanks Rkarp for the solid reporting!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

I am thrilled for KKrap getting lucky and guessing right, but Kelly practiced this week, he was not put on IR until after practicing. So, his speculation turned out in his favor.

[/QUOTE]

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID WOULD HAPPEN.  That's not a "guess", that's being incredibly specific about what would happen when nobody had a clue he'd go on IR.

You are an unbelievably petty human being.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am thrilled for KKrap getting lucky and guessing right, but Kelly practiced this week, he was not put on IR until after practicing. So, his speculation turned out in his favor.

[/QUOTE]

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID WOULD HAPPEN.  That's not a "guess", that's being incredibly specific about what would happen when nobody had a clue he'd go on IR.

You are an unbelievably petty human being.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt about it!  The guy is a social outcast!