Rob Ninkovich

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Rob Ninkovich

This guy is 6'2", 255 lbs and ran a 4.8 at the combine. 5th round pick of the Saints out of Purdue (think Vrabel). We all like sexy high draft picks, Crable and Cunningham, but this guy is converting from DE to OLB and is in his second year. And the Pats signed him to an extension in November of last year so they must like him. Might be a sleeper. Might not be as quick or tall as Crable or Cunningham, but if he can hold the edge and pass rush, and he is only 25.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Rob Ninkovich

And, like Vrabel, he is white

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Ninkovich:
    And, like Vrabel, he is white
    Posted by sirpinochle

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's about he only real comparison I can see between Vrabel and Nincovich. Vrabel was 6'4, 260, Rob is 6'2, 245. Vrabel probably ran the 40 in 4.8, Rob ran it with a 4.5 score. They kind of look alike, I guess. 

Vrabel was a LOLB in the system. He wasn't really asked to rush the passer as much as he was asked to stop the run. Ron on the other hand, is too tiny to set the edge or to stop the run. He's better suited for the ROLB position, but he won't beat out Crable or Banta-Cain. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

personally, as with his time on the phins...ninkovich stinks...good luck with him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I have no clue why Crable gets so much pub but Niko gets nothing, even though Niko actually played a regular season NFL snap.

I wouldn't put it by the Pats to develop a Vrabel type LB that didn't quite perform in their previous team. In 2001 was everyone excited about Vrabel (a backup with the Steelers up to that point)? No. Vrabel developed into a very good player. I don't see why Niko should at least improve and get more PT this year. I know the guy played well in their domination of the Titans last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Ninkovich:
    "Too tiny"? They are essentially the same size.   Ninkovich is 260, as is Vrabel.   Vrabel has a once inch height advantage. Oh no! He'll beat out Crable. That, I know.
    Posted by russgriswold

I doubt it. According to Mike Reiss, Crable and Burgess took the snaps as the OLBs during practice. Then Banta-Cain, Ninokich, and Cunningham. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I just hope we find "A" guy to rush the passer and set the edge. I personally don't care if its Crable or Ninkovich or Cunnigham. As long as the pass rush is improved over last year.

In the long run, I hope Cuningham turns into a beast, but you never know. I was hoping for the same thing when we got Crable, and 2 years later, he is yet to play.