Rob Ninkovich

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Rob Ninkovich

Had a great game today.  There are days when he comes up really big -- this was one of them.  It was a great game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Rob Ninkovich

I've always looked at him as the weaklink to the front 7. If they can draft another edge rusher to compliment jones in the next draft this will be a beast of a front 7.

That being said,

Nink is clutch. Nothing fancy, but the type of clutch play we saw from the championship days

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Ninkovich's last two games have been much better than the first three.  The first three games, he was pushed around and ended up down on his stomach when the play just ran to the place he was supposed to be.  He's been a bit more discplined WHILE being more explosive...go figure.  He's just improved his play over the last couple weeks.  I tip my cap to him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Two weeks in a row, really, where he's shown up with big plays.  I've always thought of him as a guy who'll never be out of position, but won't make impact plays.  If he continues to strip the ball, though, I'm going to have to revise my assessment.  I'll be happy to do that, too. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Two weeks in a row, really, where he's shown up with big plays.  I've always thought of him as a guy who'll never be out of position, but won't make impact plays.  If he continues to strip the ball, though, I'm going to have to revise my assessment.  I'll be happy to do that, too. 

[/QUOTE]

Kinda disagree here. Nink makes quite a few impact plays; forced more turnovers than anyone down the stretch last year. He just has to be used in the right situations. He's a better OLB than DE, especially if the opposing tackle is massive, like the RT on the Ravens; he's overmatched in that type of situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I like Nink, but he needs to get better at getting to the QB...and fast. 

I remember against the Ravens how Jones had a double coverage of the LT and TE, Wilfork had a double coverage of the LG & C, while both Love and Nink drew one guy each and still couldn't get to Flacco. 

LE, possibly CB if Dennard can't hold the job and C are needs for the offseason. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I hope his play continues to trend up bucause he been very pedestrian and we need another reliable pass rusher.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Vastly improved from the first few games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The guy just made plays this week and last.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

its almost like watching vrabel when you see him hit the quarterback and make those strip sacks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its almost like watching vrabel when you see him hit the quarterback and make those strip sacks.

[/QUOTE]

That's what it reminded me of too. Vrabel did it consistently though. Good game for him today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've always looked at him as the weaklink to the front 7. If they can draft another edge rusher to compliment jones in the next draft this will be a beast of a front 7.

That being said,

Nink is clutch. Nothing fancy, but the type of clutch play we saw from the championship days

[/QUOTE]

and add a wilfork like dt hell yeah!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ninkovich's last two games have been much better than the first three.  The first three games, he was pushed around and ended up down on his stomach when the play just ran to the place he was supposed to be.  He's been a bit more discplined WHILE being more explosive...go figure.  He's just improved his play over the last couple weeks.  I tip my cap to him.

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kinda disagree here. Nink makes quite a few impact plays; forced more turnovers than anyone down the stretch last year. He just has to be used in the right situations. He's a better OLB than DE, especially if the opposing tackle is massive, like the RT on the Ravens; he's overmatched in that type of situation.

[/QUOTE]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Nink, but he needs to get better at getting to the QB...and fast. 

I remember against the Ravens how Jones had a double coverage of the LT and TE, Wilfork had a double coverage of the LG & C, while both Love and Nink drew one guy each and still couldn't get to Flacco. 

LE, possibly CB if Dennard can't hold the job and C are needs for the offseason. 

[/QUOTE]

imo

cb top need (free agent top cb)

Lde yes counterpart to jones

counterpart to wilfork

starting c/g

starting off t/g