Robert Kraft rooting for Timmy!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Robert Kraft rooting for Timmy!!!

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/08/robert_kraft_says_hes_rooting_for_tim_tebow_to_make_team_and

Robert Kraft says he's "rooting" for Tim Tebow to make team

Prior to tonight's Patriot's Premiere at Gillette Stadium, owner Robert Kraft spoke with the media and revealed he was "rooting for" Tim Tebow to make the team. He also provided a response to the NFLPA's grievance on behalf of Aaron Hernandez seeking workout bonus money.

First, let's get to Tebow, who is fighting to make the 53-man roster. Kraft is clearly a fan.

''Anyone who's met him, he's a very special young man. I'm rooting for him big-time. He's been a real joy to have around here. I see why he has such a strong national following. He's just a great, great young man,'' Kraft said. ''We're also privileged to have Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett. I like our position. If you look around the league . . . I just give thanks for the position we're in.''

Even though Tebow hasn't exactly lit it up on the field, did Kraft still believe he would make the final cut?

''I'm rooting for him. I'm in his corner,'' Kraft said. ''I have the privilege of letting Bill make that decision. He's got a pretty good record doing that.''

ow to make team, - See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/08/robert_kraft_says_hes_rooting_for_tim_tebow_to_make_team_and#sthash.uQJheYcF.dpuf
    Robert Kraft says he's "rooting" for Tim Tebow to make team, - See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/08/robert_kraft_says_hes_rooting_for_tim_tebow_to_make_team_and#sthash.uQJheYcF.dpuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Robert Kraft rooting for Timmy!!!

So this is a good sign that Tebow is as good as gone!  Hahahahaha!!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

Too bad TT's not a DB.  He'd surely make it, then. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/08/robert_kraft_says_hes_rooting_for_tim_tebow_to_make_team_and

Robert Kraft says he's "rooting" for Tim Tebow to make team

Prior to tonight's Patriot's Premiere at Gillette Stadium, owner Robert Kraft spoke with the media and revealed he was "rooting for" Tim Tebow to make the team. He also provided a response to the NFLPA's grievance on behalf of Aaron Hernandez seeking workout bonus money.

First, let's get to Tebow, who is fighting to make the 53-man roster. Kraft is clearly a fan.

''Anyone who's met him, he's a very special young man. I'm rooting for him big-time. He's been a real joy to have around here. I see why he has such a strong national following. He's just a great, great young man,'' Kraft said. ''We're also privileged to have Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett. I like our position. If you look around the league . . . I just give thanks for the position we're in.''

Even though Tebow hasn't exactly lit it up on the field, did Kraft still believe he would make the final cut?

''I'm rooting for him. I'm in his corner,'' Kraft said. ''I have the privilege of letting Bill make that decision. He's got a pretty good record doing that.''

ow to make team, - See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/08/robert_kraft_says_hes_rooting_for_tim_tebow_to_make_team_and#sthash.uQJheYcF.dpuf Robert Kraft says he's "rooting" for Tim Tebow to make team, - See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/08/robert_kraft_says_hes_rooting_for_tim_tebow_to_make_team_and#sthash.uQJheYcF.dpuf

he is easy to root for as a person no doubt

as a football player? that's another story

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman played DB, Tebow should be able too.

Oh gosh, Edelman as a DB.... that was embarrassing! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only other position Tebow can transition into seamlessly is MLB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only other position Tebow can transition into seamlessly is MLB.

[/QUOTE]

Not true, he was great as the waterboy too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

There is a reason for everything. And for many Tebow is a symbol of hope, a hope of overcoming difficult life situations. Innately, I think BB and Robert realize this and want themselves and the team to be around this kind of inspiration. 

I think this is a difficult decision for BB and the team. Certainly, Tebow has not earned a place with his pre-season play and BB will be criticized if the team selects him to the 53 man roster. I defer to BB's wisdom on this but I am not opposed to having Tebow on the team. I think something good will come from it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

There is a reason for everything. And for many Tebow is a symbol of hope, a hope of overcoming difficult life situations. Innately, I think BB and Robert realize this and want themselves and the team to be around this kind of inspiration. 

I think this is a difficult decision for BB and the team. Certainly, Tebow has not earned a place with his pre-season play and BB will be criticized if the team selects him to the 53 man roster. I defer to BB's wisdom on this but I am not opposed to having Tebow on the team. I think something good will come from it. 

How? Tebow grew up with both parents, was home schooled, and was the son of a baptist. Now Thompkins I think could be seen in that manner. Thompkins grew up in a very tough situation and before college lead a arrest filled and tough life. After high school it appears (at least from what we know) he escaped that past and is now in the running to be the opening day starter. Tebow had everything growing up and is failing to be a 3rd string QB while Thompkins had nothing growing up and now might be the #2 WR in one of the best teams in the league if anything Thompkins should give someone in a tough situation hope.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

From what I understand he's he11 on wheels at post-game prayers.*

*This post was brought to you by the late ATJ who was immediately struck by lightning upon strking the enter key. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Just finished reading the full article and a couple things stood out to me:

“he’s been a real joy to have around here.”

I know week to week you’re going to be asking the questions if we don’t perform up to standard why we didn’t,” Kraft said before Tuesday night's Patriots Premiere charity event. “I think you want to make sure you have the 53 best people to help us win games during this year."

Now to me Kraft is already talking about him in past tense and that he has already considered that there would be questions about the 53rd man if they don't win which means BB or/and him does not believe Tebow is one of the best of the 53 possible players. These are very telling quotes to me. It also shows what many around here have said. You can like the person but as a player he just isn't good enough to be one of the top 53.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/08/kraft_rooting_for_tebow_but_knows_best_53_make_ros.html

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to NYC's comment:

[QUOTE]

How? Tebow grew up with both parents, was home schooled, and was the son of a baptist. Now Thompkins I think could be seen in that manner. Thompkins grew up in a very tough situation and before college lead a arrest filled and tough life. After high school it appears (at least from what we know) he escaped that past and is now in the running to be the opening day starter. Tebow had everything growing up and is failing to be a 3rd string QB while Thompkins had nothing growing up and now might be the #2 WR in one of the best teams in the league if anything Thompkins should give someone in a tough situation hope.

[/QUOTE]

Good post.  Yes, Thompkins is certainly a good success story and can't help cheering and hoping he does well.

Yeah, Timmy has had it pretty easy compared to many others in the NFL, still he is a very hard worker, good example and a very good guy.  Can't help cheering for people like him too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just finished reading the full article and a couple things stood out to me:

“he’s been a real joy to have around here.”

I know week to week you’re going to be asking the questions if we don’t perform up to standard why we didn’t,” Kraft said before Tuesday night's Patriots Premiere charity event. “I think you want to make sure you have the 53 best people to help us win games during this year."

Now to me Kraft is already talking about him in past tense and that he has already considered that there would be questions about the 53rd man if they don't win which means BB or/and him does not believe Tebow is one of the best of the 53 possible players. These are very telling quotes to me. It also shows what many around here have said. You can like the person but as a player he just isn't good enough to be one of the top 53.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/08/kraft_rooting_for_tebow_but_knows_best_53_make_ros.html

Hmmmmm.  Interesting!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good post.  Yes, Thompkins is certainly a good success story and can't help cheering and hoping he does well.

Yeah, Timmy has had it pretty easy compared to many others in the NFL, still he is a very hard worker, good example and a very good guy.  Can't help cheering for people like him too.

I agree he's a very hard working guy and I do like cheering for max effort grinders, but only if they earned the spot by out performing their more talented counter parts. I know at least 4 friends who would give a Rudy type of effort just to make Pats camp for a day, I just wouldn't want them on the team lol. Grinders are nice but not sure they give hope when their life is pretty good to begin with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

*This post was brought to you by the late ATJ who was immediately struck by lightning upon strking the enter key. 

Lol good one 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good read here...

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/08/a_case_for_why_tim_tebow_shoul.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I hate articles like that TFB. Basically it says that Tebow stinks so bad he can't even be a camp arm (usually saved for the 4th or 5th QB on a team) so there must be a reason they signed him? Was there a reason they signed half the players they cut on Monday? Sometimes someone stinks so they just stink. Sometimes teams bring in plays so that their starters don't wear out thrwoing tons of reps. Sometimes teams bring in high draft picks who failed just to see if they actually have anything. Actually that last one BB is doing every year. How many 1st round pick bust from other teams has BB brought into camp just to get a look at them? I just don't understand how people can believe he makes the team because he's so bad a camp arm is better at QB than he is. I mean really, take Tebow's name out of the conversation and toss in any other QB who will be cut on Sat and it wouldn't even be a question if they would be cut or not. The only difference is Tebow has media driven hype about him and a cult following. The funny thing is every expert who projects Tebow to make it says they wouldn't have him on the 53man squad and don't understand why he'd even be considered but he must be since he stinks so bad there has to be a reason why they brought him into camp???????? really??????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

:) Funny!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Looks like they are keeping TT. Kraft is looking to do some image repair after the AH fiasco. He's just trying to throw the wolves off the scent of what he is really up to. Saying it's up to the stodgy football mind of BB leads this away from the true image repair agenda. On paper, TT will be kept on football playing merit.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If Tebow gets cut. Is Kraft going to give people cash refunds on Tebow jersey sales?

If not, that's pretty unethical.....lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

I hate articles like that TFB. Basically it says that Tebow stinks so bad he can't even be a camp arm (usually saved for the 4th or 5th QB on a team) so there must be a reason they signed him? Was there a reason they signed half the players they cut on Monday? Sometimes someone stinks so they just stink. Sometimes teams bring in plays so that their starters don't wear out thrwoing tons of reps. Sometimes teams bring in high draft picks who failed just to see if they actually have anything. Actually that last one BB is doing every year. How many 1st round pick bust from other teams has BB brought into camp just to get a look at them? I just don't understand how people can believe he makes the team because he's so bad a camp arm is better at QB than he is. I mean really, take Tebow's name out of the conversation and toss in any other QB who will be cut on Sat and it wouldn't even be a question if they would be cut or not. The only difference is Tebow has media driven hype about him and a cult following. The funny thing is every expert who projects Tebow to make it says they wouldn't have him on the 53man squad and don't understand why he'd even be considered but he must be since he stinks so bad there has to be a reason why they brought him into camp???????? really??????

[/QUOTE}

Good post and good points, PatsEng.  I like the writer of the article and follow most of his stuff.  He was awesome during the whole Hernandez watch.  So maybe I didn't take the article the same way you did.  Now that you post your observations concerning the article I certainly can see and understand your points.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I agree he's a very hard working guy and I do like cheering for max effort grinders, but only if they earned the spot by out performing their more talented counter parts. I know at least 4 friends who would give a Rudy type of effort just to make Pats camp for a day, I just wouldn't want them on the team lol. Grinders are nice but not sure they give hope when their life is pretty good to begin with.

not an english expert like some others claim to be....but isn't "been" present tense. Past tense would have been "was". Like Tim was nice to have around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

not an english expert like some others claim to be....but isn't "been" present tense. Past tense would have been "was". Like Tim was nice to have around.

[/QUOTE]

he's been usually refers to past tense because it means he "has" been, he "is" been isn't proper english.