Robert Meachum and Chad Johnson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Robert Meachum and Chad Johnson

Thats who our 2 rookies remind me of.

Dobson to me has more potential and spectacular catch "ability" and also a little more athletic, faster but to me he doesnt really look like anyone else. Closest I could think of was Robert Meachum who ended up back in N.O. and made a huge play. I'll take the growing pains of the younger guy who will be better IMO

KT is like a clone of the young # 85. Have said it before but he showed it again. Runs crisp routes. Perfect size for a # 2. Makes jukes running full speed. Excellent route runner. Same height,build. Same # even.

Boyce is catching on slow but I think its more of a case of him not being needed now so why force it. He reminds me a bit of a randall cobb type of player. Probably a little faster, maybe not as versatile yet(why hasnt he returned kicks yet, Ive seen enough of Blount) but he will contribute a lot once he is up to speed. I caution anything great this year. He is playing Edlemans and Dannys spot I believe so I think he is almost redshirting right now. I even made the case they may I/R him and people Gasped! Oh No! It makes sense though. How many rooks you want in the mix at once? I think they are bringing him along slow and want to sneak him on the field for big plays for now. Almost like the Givens role as a rookie and he took off his 2nd year. I expect that from Boyce.

IM just excited that we actually got 3 WRs in ONE draft that ALL look like Keepers! If they can look back and say they overhauled the whole WR position  in one year without skipping a beat, its gonna pay BIG dividends next year. Just keep building the D now. We will compete this year but NEXT year It may ALL come together. Im excited about this group on Offense going forward. How could you not be?

Now you have to ask, were all these other Rookie WRs in the past just stiffs, or was Brady just not working with them due to reliable targets already in place?  I would say a little of both seeing as Price and Jackson are out the league and Tate is just a returner. I guess McD knows how to draft WRs! Im just glad its Finally Done!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Robert Meachum and Chad Johnson

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I don't see the Meachem thing at all. I see more like an Alshon Jefferry kind of a frame from Dobson.

I thought Chad Johnson sucked?  Not good if you think KT reminds you of Ocho, right, Shizzles?  Hmm.

Maybe it's because BB has forced Brady to work with these kids vs playing favorites and not working with Galloway, LLoyd, Ochocinco, etc?

Boyce reminds me of Mark Ingram (Giants/Dolphins). I just hoe Boyce does not end up in federal prison.

A. Jeffries is another close comparison. Either way, Im just happy they are getting up to speed and making plays

I did say Chad Johnson NOT Ocho Cinco!!! Try to stay with me. I know you have an agenda and that clouds your judgement and then you respond to MY posts as if I have an agenda. All I ever said about "ocho" is that he always got pulled after catching one pass. After 3 weeks We can ALL SAY Ocho was SLOW to catch on! Does that mean Chad Johnson wasnt good? NO, Because THAT guy playing in a much simpler offense put up hall of fame caliber numbers before being a Bust in N.E!  My only Beef was WHY did BB sign a guy most people knew was an idiot to play in a complex offense. On TOP of that he was an attention H or who was always tweeting and got Wes into it as well which made him gassed and thought he was worth more. That was my Beef! He wasnt a good fit, but we ALL know what Chad Johnson did in Cincy. Stop it!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

triple, hopefully, all will be better than Ocho.  Ocho did very little with the Patriots apart from being a decent teammate and try to stay out of the limelight. The rookie WRs  won't have to do much to exceed Ocho's performance Laughing

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Boyce doesn't remind me of anyone yet....he hasn't done anything to create a body of work yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I don't see the Meachem thing at all. I see more like an Alshon Jefferry kind of a frame from Dobson.

I thought Chad Johnson sucked?  Not good if you think KT reminds you of Ocho, right, Shizzles?  Hmm.

Maybe it's because BB has forced Brady to work with these kids vs playing favorites and not working with Galloway, LLoyd, Ochocinco, etc?

Boyce reminds me of Mark Ingram (Giants/Dolphins). I just hoe Boyce does not end up in federal prison.

A. Jeffries is another close comparison. Either way, Im just happy they are getting up to speed and making plays

I did say Chad Johnson NOT Ocho Cinco!!! Try to stay with me. I know you have an agenda and that clouds your judgement and then you respond to MY posts as if I have an agenda. All I ever said about "ocho" is that he always got pulled after catching one pass. After 3 weeks We can ALL SAY Ocho was SLOW to catch on! Does that mean Chad Johnson wasnt good? NO, Because THAT guy playing in a much simpler offense put up hall of fame caliber numbers before being a Bust in N.E!  My only Beef was WHY did BB sign a guy most people knew was an idiot to play in a complex offense. On TOP of that he was an attention H or who was always tweeting and got Wes into it as well which made him gassed and thought he was worth more. That was my Beef! He wasnt a good fit, but we ALL know what Chad Johnson did in Cincy. Stop it!

I don't think he was slow to catch on at all.  Sure, they may have expected more from him, as did I, but was it worth not playing him in a SB to lose it? I don't think so.

The difference is, Brady is forced to work with all of these rookies because there is no other option.

When Ochocinco was here, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Branch were all preferred binkies ahead of Ochocinco so Brady was not interested in working with him.  In the  end, that hurt the X position and our team.

I remember the INT he threw in Buffalo in Week 3 in 2011 where it was back to his left hip with wide open field ahead of him. Back then, many here tried to claim Ocho "rounded off his route" or whatever the excuse was then. No, it was a poor throw. 

The fact is, Brady's inaccuracy in recent years has been blamed on the WRs.  So, he's hidden behind this shield of not being held accountable.

Anyway, I actually do see some Chad in Thompkins. I just thought it was funny a WR that many here tried to scapegoat in SB 46, when why we lost that had nothing to do with Chad Johnson not being the best 5th passing option for any QB in the history of the NFL, is now being compared to Thompkins.

I am happy BB made this commitment and they seemed to nail the priorities of how to select WRs. Football IQ, passion to get better, route running importance, etc.

Rusty, so you honestly believe BB lost a SB because he let Brady tell the coach that HE didnt want to throw to Chad? So it wasnt Obrien who didnt like Chad because he was idiot. BB being friends with Ocho didnt cloud his judgement?? And so after BB signed Ocho, his plan was to play him but Brady made him sit on the bench after making one catch in the SB???? DO I have this right?

Dont you think the more likely scenario is that the guy isnt that bright and DID NOT Pick up the offense and so his 1 catch per game was the result of him not being able to be on the field due to him not being up to speed? He wasnt even on the Field half the time!!! Do you remember where he was in the 2 minute offense???  Cmon Rusty. BB Flubbed that up. Admit it. 1st you Blame one SB loss on BB not playing Benny  and now you blame ANother on BB not playing Ocho???  Ok, I tried today, I really did, but all the bold statements from you is Why I cant. You masquerade your BS in here as facts. You are one crazy Ombre!

So the greatest coach of all time sat by and let us lose not one,but TWO SB's because he couldnt or wasnt allowed to make personell decisions? Are we sure it wasnt Brady that murked someone? He sure sounds like a Mean dude.....lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

triple, hopefully, all will be better than Ocho.  Ocho did very little with the Patriots apart from being a decent teammate and try to stay out of the limelight. The rookie WRs  won't have to do much to exceed Ocho's performance Laughing

Let me clarify like I did for Rusty. I was referring to Chad Johnson, the guy who played very well in the league for years. Not Ocho Cinco, the bum who BB signed. My Comparison is STRICTLY PHYSICAL as I do not know how smart KT is, but I am not comparing him mentally to the stiff we signed. Just said they he looks like Chad did early in his career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Dobson-that height and big hands reminds me on Nicks in NY

VBoyce-that speed from the slot reminds me of Cruz in NY

Thompkins is already better than Ocho...I hadnt seen enough of Chad to say if he is better than the Chad version 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Boyce doesn't remind me of anyone yet....he hasn't done anything to create a body of work yet.

True..lol. Very hard to do with no catches. Just trying to get a feel. I like his quickness. The only reason I can think of him NOt contributing is a.) slow to pick up system b.)redundant position or c.) they want to bring him along slowly

Im fine, I done need to see anyone particular. We are winning so no problem here.

rkarp, you never watched Chad Johnson play in his prime or early on?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

KT - reminds me of one the quick speedy philly WRs

Boyce - ? but  - you cannot teach speed. When we had Chad Jackson he was a blazer - but the rumnor was he didnt come to work or play.

Dobson - reminds me of a faster Bolden type

Some said that Dobson couldn't get used to TB's fastball, maybe. In comparison what made Montana great was-  that what he did best - he threw the most catchable accurate  ball-

During the Preseaon TB was incredibly accurate. I think now he is a fraction off with his receivers. He is trying to get used to these guys at real game speed - a little hard to do with so many new guys at once. I believe the best is yet to come

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Dobson actually reminds me more of a fluid braylon edwards'.  They both got that long leg stride and a little bit of the dropsies. 
    NFL scouting report actually had him listed as a Sidney Rice type.  

Height: 6-3    Weight: 211 lbs.  -Edwards

I've also already stated that KT looks a lot like Johnson.  They also run exactly the same, I forget who I'm watching at times.  Same body type as well.  I think KT should add just a few pounds of muscle - 5/6 pounds.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Dobson actually reminds me more of a fluid braylon edwards'.  They both got that long leg stride and a little bit of the dropsies. 

I've also already stated that KT looks a lot like Johnson.  They also run exactly the same, I forget who I'm watching at times.  Same body type as well.  I think KT should add just a few pounds of muscle - 5/6 pounds.  

Exactly!  Thats another nice comparison, although we hope he is gonna be better than that D*ckhead  B>Edwards...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Exactly!  Thats another nice comparison, although we hope he is gonna be better than that D*ckhead  B>Edwards...

[/QUOTE]

Of course.  Just don't punch anyone in Lebrons James' crew in the face, and we'll be OK.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

Let me clarify like I did for Rusty. I was referring to Chad Johnson, the guy who played very well in the league for years. Not Ocho Cinco, the bum who BB signed. My Comparison is STRICTLY PHYSICAL as I do not know how smart KT is, but I am not comparing him mentally to the stiff we signed. Just said they he looks like Chad did early in his career.

Why did Johnson become "a bum" only when he came here? That sort of screams like you hate BB and have an agenda.

Also, BB didn't sign him. He forced him to take a cut and then and only then, did he he trade two late rd picks for him.

You are one strange person.  Carson Palmer made Johnson great, but once Brady got his hands on him, somehow it's BB's fault for signing the "bum.

Why are we going around in circles here??  I already answered your question. the Guy is as dumb as rocks. He married a hoochie was on  real bbal wives reality TV who had previousluy been married to Antwoine Walker. He lost his job because he headbutted his wife. He averaged one catch per game after fleecing BB for over 3 million. That means he is a bum. He wasnt a bum in Cincy because he was PRODUCING. He had no problem with THAT system he played in for years. Like Galloway and others before him, he was too old to learn new tricks and he was shown the door. ONLY YOU would try to spin that as Bradys fault. HE is proving you WRONG every week when he passes to these rookies!  SHut it! You were wrong again. Brady has been blamed here for everything from Global warning to Slavery!  Just Stop it!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

To be honest, I never saw him play much. Saw the occasional highlight, but did not really follow him.  So, I can't really compare w/ the young CJ when he was in his prime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Moss didn't come off so intelligent either.  He played more intelligent on the field and it's because they limited the playbook for him.  What did he run, 4 or 5 routes from the Z spot every week?

Bill Belichick: "“He’s the greatest deep-ball receiver I think that’s every played.  Nobody runs better patterns, better at the deep part of the field, than Randy Moss can. I can still see him doing that. You have to respect his ability to stretch the field so deep and get behind you. It’s hard to take that away and defend everything else that he can do. He’s an explosive, dynamic player. Probably the smartest receiver I’ve ever coached.”

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Boyce is Victor Cruz to me, except faster, stronger, quicker and better at blocking.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Dobson ever added muscles, he would be Miles Austin.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.