Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP

Flynn comes in and has puts up huge numbers.  Rodgers is a great quarterback, but his team makes him elite.  Brady or Brees deserves the title of MVP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP

hey comrade, we were thinking the same thing.. isay rod is lucky this isnt his big free agent year or the one prior (penultimate) or else they would be seriously considering keeping flynn and trading rod for a big haul!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think Rogers has ever thrown 6 TDs in one game. Flynn just did.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Flynn= sign and trade for draft picks......maybe even more so than Hoyer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Anyone remember 2008.  If this is your argument then Manning has been the MVP for the last decade save 2007 (Brady deserves that).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP:
    [QUOTE]Anyone remember 2008.  If this is your argument then Manning has been the MVP for the last decade save 2007 (Brady deserves that).
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

There's a big difference between managing a team with a good defense, and guiding them to an 11-5 record while putting up relatively unimpressive stats (as Cassel did), compared to dropping 45 points and throwing for 6 TDs and 480 yards, as Matt Flynn did.

Nice try, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP": [QUOTE]Anyone remember 2008.  If this is your argument then Manning has been the MVP for the last decade save 2007 (Brady deserves that). Posted by UD6[/QUOTE] Cassell turned a 16-0 team into 11-5, and he became a pro bowler. Everything else is just spin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP:
    [QUOTE]Flynn comes in and has puts up huge numbers.  Rodgers is a great quarterback, but his team makes him elite.  Brady or Brees deserves the title of MVP.
    Posted by tmmk[/QUOTE]
    Mada a similar observation in the game string.  Sitting Rodgers and then seeing Flynn put up huge numbers seems to make this more of a superior GB receiving corps giving their QB the opportunity to have big passing games versus a QB who makes the receiving corps look good.  Given how everyone acknowledges the superior receivers both GB and NO have compared to the Pats, what Brady has done, with NO deep threat at all, makes his achievement all the more MVP worthy.  Also, Brees got his numbers by passing in a dome, 86 more attempts and 66 more completions.. brady would crush him if the Pats passed that much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Uh the point is that with the right tools a back up can look good when the star QB is out. 

That's what Flynn did, and it is comparative to Cassel.  That said, Flynn may be much much better than Cassel.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady MVP if not Rodgers. Brees just threw threw threw. He is a phoney.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Why the hate for Rogers? Maybe, just maybe, he is actually a good QB and Flynn had a stellar day that may be an anomaly or an indication of his future.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rodgers is a great QB, no doubt about it.  Had he played today he probably would have had 6 td's and broke TFB's td record.  Yes, Packers have a lot of weapons but you still gotta be good to execute.  Isnt Flynn the same qb who came in and played against the Pats a few years ago and almost beat them? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Rodgers is a great QB, no doubt about it.  Had he played today he probably would have had 6 td's and broke TFB's td record.  Yes, Packers have a lot of weapons but you still gotta be good to execute.  Isnt Flynn the same qb who came in and played against the Pats a few years ago and almost beat them? 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Flynn did that last season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Brady MVP if not Rodgers. Brees just threw threw threw. He is a phoney.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    Ridiculous statement.  Degrading Brees' accomplishments.  Are you willing to take away Brady's TD record because he played fully in the 16th game while Manning didn't and threw 80 more passes in his year than Manning did?  I doubt it. 

Don't be petty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Why the hate for Rogers? Maybe, just maybe, he is actually a good QB and Flynn had a stellar day that may be an anomaly or an indication of his future.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

He's a fantastic QB, just as Brady and Brees are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP : Ridiculous statement.  Degrading Brees' accomplishments.  Are you willing to take away Brady's TD record because he played fully in the 16th game while Manning didn't and threw 80 more passes in his year than Manning did?  I doubt it.  Don't be petty.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Manning is done.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP : Manning is done.

I actually think he'll have a few more good seasons, but I also thought the colts would win 7-8 games without him.  You may be right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP : I actually think he'll have a few more good seasons, but I also thought the colts would win 7-8 games without him.  You may be right.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Nah - just trying to bug ya for bringing Manning up in a 2011 MVP discussion. He may be back. I would like to see Polian's liitle red face blow up if he does.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Good is good. Flynn did it for a day but when you have to do it over the course of a season  and the playoffs it's a different story. I wouldn't trash Rodgers just because his backup had a good day. They have a good team and a good system but part of building that good team and good system is having the all pro QB to start with. He's the MVP whether we like it or not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Saints wouldn't do too good with their backup, seeing as his primary job is to keep track of stats for Brees.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP : Nah - just trying to bug ya for bringing Manning up in a 2011 MVP discussion. He may be back. I would like to see Polian's liitle red face blow up if he does.
    It wasn't really trying to prop up Manning, but I get your point.  I just didn't want someone nitpicking another QB's great season in order to find reason for Brady to get it.  Brady had a stellar year. 

Polian, is on thin ice.  I think Irsay still has confidence in him and that's understandable given his career track record, but the result of this season no longer make him untouchable. 

Indy will have one of the most interesting offseasons for a franchise in recent NFL history. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rodgers a product of his team! He shoudn't be MVP : It wasn't really trying to prop up Manning, but I get your point.  I just didn't want someone nitpicking another QB's great season in order to find reason for Brady to get it.  Brady had a stellar year.  Polian, is on thin ice.  I think Irsay still has confidence in him and that's understandable given his career track record, but the result of this season no longer make him untouchable.  Indy will have one of the most interesting offseasons for a franchise in recent NFL history. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

True, but talking about it makes me yawn. I am looking forward to the playoffs and who the Pats play in two weeks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

You are right about Rodgers.  He is surrounded by a great team.  And gets all the calls from the refs too, just like Brees.  Don't be shocked by Flynns performance today.  The Lions DB's are the worst.  Even the ones injured they have none that could even play for the Pats.  They can't cover and are slow.