Rodney Harrison?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Rodney Harrison?

Any news regarding R. Harrisson? If he is going to play another season do you think the Pats would be interested at all? Seems like they are full at safety. I hope Merriweather shows some star quality this season!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Re: Rodney Harrison?

I think he already has. 80 plus tackles, 4 sacks, 4 picks, 2 FF. Not bad for his second season in probably the most complex D in football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]I think he already has. 80 plus tackles, 4 sacks, 4 picks, 2 FF. Not bad for his second season in probably the most complex D in football.
    Posted by MinniSoxFan[/QUOTE]

He certainly improved over his first offseason. I believe he will be pro-bowl caliber in 09. His coaches compared him favorably to Ed Reed. If he turns out to be 75% the gamer Reed is he's a future HOFer. And Chung is also said to be a smart player, who can take a ledership role in the secondary. I think even if Rodney comes back, he may be replaced midseason anyway. It also looks like Mayo is "getting it", he was practically living in the film room this winter. Although on paper this defense is "unproven", they have the core of a great unit. A lot of people have slammed BB for recent draft picks, but the last two have turned out pretty well. A couple more pieces to the puzzle and it will be a complete "makeover". They will be tested this season, too. Two games with the Bills and the TO/Evans duo, plus they play the Colts and the Saints, two of the best passing offenses in the league. I'm pretty pleased with the way the defense is looking. Other than maybe another ILB and an OLB I'd say they were stacked. If Rodney does retire, it won't be as big a hit as some might think. I believe that Merriweather and Chung will be as good as Rodney and Lawyer Malloy used to be. And the veterans will be hungry after two seasons with such disappointing ends! I think we'll be seeing Rodney on TV as a reporter rather than as a player. But you never know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think Rodney is done, i do not think we would be stalking up at safety if he was in our plans for this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

If he's done, it will be a sad day for Patriot fans. The intensity and intelligence he brought to the defense will be missed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

He will be missed but it's time to move on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]If he's done, it will be a sad day for Patriot fans. The intensity and intelligence he brought to the defense will be missed.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

He is done. I hope he chooses to retire with dignity. I would hate to see him try to linger on with another team. A TV commentor job awaits him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

I agree TP3, I don't want Rodney to linger on the way Derrick Brooks did in Tampa Bay. He should retire now, while he can still save face.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I have a strong feeling Reiss is dead on with his analysis that Harrison will wait around this season to see if there is a place he can land.  He hasn't been able to make it through an entire season the past four years and he was incredibly durable prior to that.

With that said, I think Meriweather could have a huge season - I'm just not sure it will be at the Strong Safety position.  The guy is 200 pounds even which is about 20 pounds less than Harrison was.  Chung is listed at 213.  Meriweather is definitely a Free Safety who can play close to the line when needed.  That's the type of versitility you want because the QB can't necessarily pinpoint who is playing what spot on D but he still needs to catch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Partrick Chung the 2k9 Version of Harrison. The Pats will be fine. I'll miss Harrison but its time to move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

I'll be honest, I am actually really excited about Pat Chung. I think he can come in right away and make an impact as a situational player. I think we have two safeties in Meriweather and Chung who have striking similarities to Ed Reed and Bob Sanders, so I think over the next few years we will see what we really haven't ever seen: the secondary being the strength of the defense, where it has been the front seven throughout the dynasty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

It is a shame that Roidney Harrison will be remembered for being the lame DB who could not knock a lame pass down that would have given the Patriots the name "Greatest Team of all Time".  Being and the only undefeated Super Bowl Champion in a 16 game season.  But as we know, Manning was able to stay on his feet and duck under the arms of the Patriot defenders, before scrambling backwards into space, and heaving the ball down field to Tyree at the 30 yard line of the Patriots. Aikman said after the play "I don't know how he got out of there".

The play gained 32 yards for the Giants and gave them a first down with 59 seconds left. Four plays later, Plaxico Burress scored the touchdown which won the game for the Giants 17–14.  I'm sure he sees that play every day of his life.  Sad really.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Mercury:

If you honestly believe that defines Rodney Harrison as a football player than you obviously have no idea who Rodney Harrison is, or what he has accomplished over his career. Matter of fact, wat r u even doing here to begin with?