Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

Tom Brady Draws Emotionally Roughing The Passer Penalty

The following from:

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:261/tom-brady-draws-emotionally-roughing-the-passer-penalty

"Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was flagged for emotionally roughing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady yesterday after a hit left the star quarterback feeling upset and unloved.

"I didn't care for that! I didn't care for that one bit!" snapped Brady, stomping his foot as he pulled himself up off the ground. Moments later, official Tom Winter threw a flag, penalizing Suggs and the Ravens for an infraction never before called in organized football.

"The new rules in place make our job very clear as officials," said Winter, explaining his call. "We are to protect the quarterback, especially star quarterbacks, and especially this star quarterback. Brady's injury last year is what prompted all of these rule changes." 

Brady says Winter made the right call.

"I don't think people understand how hard it is to be me. I'm coming back from a knee injury, my team is struggling, I have one child out of wedlock, another child on the way, very high-maintenance dogs to take care of, I'm expected to look stylish all the time and I have the stress of physically satisfying a woman millions of men around the world would love a shot at. And then when someone tackles me, well ..." he said, tearing up. "It can be very, very hard, okay? It can be very hard on my psyche."

Suggs said he had no intention of emotionally harming Brady, only sacking him and maybe creating a turnover.

"I wasn't trying to emotionally rough the guy," said Suggs. "Physically harming him would have been awesome, but all that touchy-feely emotional cr@p is what's killing football. I just wanted to maim the guy."

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he will examine the emotionally roughing the quarterback call and evaluate how it should be called in the future."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite

Seriously don't you have a Cincy site to look up? No matter how much you (and Ray-Ray) whine about yesterday it's done and you lost!
    I was trying to be civil because you have had some decent posts but now you're acting like my kid when I tell her to do her homework or go to bed. The Ravens are just another one of those teams who have talent but lack that one ingredient to get them to a bowl. It's easy to see from over here but I can understand why you can't because they confuse you every season. 
    The Pats beat them yesterday and in my opinion only played to 70% of their potential.  

Maybe if Ray-Ray stopped whining about yesterday and started focusing on Cincy he be better off?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite:
    [QUOTE]Seriously don't you have a Cincy site to look up? No matter how much you (and Ray-Ray) whine about yesterday it's done and you lost! I was trying to be civil because you have had some decent posts but now you're acting like my kid when I tell her to do her homework or go to bed. The Ravens are just another one of those teams who have talent but lack that one ingredient to get them to a bowl. It's easy to see from over here but I can understand why you can't because they confuse you every season.  The Pats beat them yesterday and in my opinion only played to 70% of their potential.   Maybe if Ray-Ray stopped whining about yesterday and started focusing on Cincy he be better off?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Well Said, Baltimore lacks leadership in the locker room. Ray Lewis is a great player and future hall of famer but to come out and complain about a call (bad call or not) isn't the acts of a true leader. He needs to man up and keep his teammates focus on next week. I would not be surprised to see Baltimore struggle( as good as I think they are) the rest of this season. Big Win for us and like you said we are not playing up to our potential....Yet!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I keep hearing complaints about the call but none of you are talking about the rule and whether it's good or not. Let's hear some facts (good or bad) about the rule and stop using it as an excuse for the loss. 

BTW, I'm sure you've noticed Leon's post got yanked so try to start using your brain or we'll lose every thread you decide to jump on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarmUpTheBeanpot. Show WarmUpTheBeanpot's posts

Dear Purple Koolaid

Since the facts have clearly escaped your previous posts, you now refer us to an "The Onion" like "article".

Firstly, the article you quoted is much, much, much funnier than your posts.
    Secondly, the article you quoted is tongue-in-cheek, not the rantings and ravings of a unemployed Ray Lewis fanboy living in his mother's basement.
    Thirdly, you, sir, are a buffoon. I regret trying to engage with you, since you clearly prefer to insult and float conspiracy theories.

You lack grace, tact, subtlety and refinement. You are also a lousy fan and a poor representative of the many Baltimore Ravens fans I know here in the Greater DC area. We had several of them at our weekly Patriots viewing at a Patriots bar. These Ravens' fans complained about ONE of the roughing the passer calls, but understood the other one completely. They were angrier that the last pass was dropped and that one time, Wright smacked Flacco in the face-mask without a penalty. We agreed, bantered back and forth, had a fine time watching the game and went home without believing some great crime against humanity and the spirit of football had been committed.

Have a good day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slapointe1232. Show slapointe1232's posts

OK. Rodney was clearly kidding.  he said that. Brady said that this morning.  He was smiling the whole time he said it.  He was clearly just trying to take a crack at Brady.  I disagree with Rodney on it being a bad call because Suggs helmet would've plowed into Brady's knee had Brady not moved his legs.  He jumped which prevented a repeat 2008 incident.  But give Rodney a break.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.