Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite

"Take off the dress and put on the slacks?"  How about, "Retire with dignity and leave television to the professional broadcasters." That was a totally uncalled for comment about a teammate that won you a Super Bowl ring, Rodney.  Brady didn't make the call the refs did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Re: Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite

He's just playing the other side.  He can't always be a Patriot kiss @ss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

I imagine Brady will have something to say back to Rodney, probably in fun. But it's not like Rodney's opinion has changed at all regarding the bias in favor of the offense in the NFL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rodney's comments were mis-placed and they should have been directed at the league and the officials for having such a rule.  I do not think Brady believes he is above getting hit.  He stood quite well in the pocket and took some licks today.

As for the rule, I have seen it applied in many games this season, not just in Pats' games.  So why is the media making it seem like it is only called in Pats games?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from simoncan. Show simoncan's posts

In Response to Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite:
    [QUOTE]"Take off the dress and put on the slacks?"  How about, "Retire with dignity and leave television to the professional broadcasters." That was a totally uncalled for comment about a teammate that won you a Super Bowl ring, Rodney.  Brady didn't make the call the refs did.
    Posted by dwtime[/QUOTE]

Oh, please.  Brady wanted the penalty and cheered when he got it.  And Rodney had a smile on his face when he made the comments.  He was just ribbing Tom... no big deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottprim. Show scottprim's posts

I don't expect Rodney to be a suck-up but have a little class!!  Like you never lobbied for a questionable call.  I mean this is coming from a guy that is one of the reasons why people STILL call the Pats cheaters.  Mr.HGH!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackReacher. Show JackReacher's posts

What I thought I heard rodney and dungee say is in so many words is that because Brady was able to survive with his knee intact no penalty was warranted. Never mind that the guy was diving at Brady's knee with bad intent.

In other words, if he had cost him another year or perhaps his career then a penalty should be called. It's Brady's fault for avoiding the raven's helmet and not getting his knee blasted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarmUpTheBeanpot. Show WarmUpTheBeanpot's posts

Oh, my! Rodney nearly winked into the camera when he made the "Tom, take off your skirt" comment. File this one away under the "Rodney needs to establish his media credibility by taking on his old teammates without actually saying anything bad."

How about calling out Matt Light for nearly getting Brady killed on the strip sack?Or James Sanders getting schooled on two straight plays, only to have Merriweather bail him out?

A tempest in a teapot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Harrisons a dope! Great clutch player but dumb as a bag of hammers. What do you expect.

No one has commented on Tony Dung-ee though chiming right in. His hate for BB and the Patriots still lives on. "call was made just to protect Brady's leg". Yeah.... So????  I guess being a little self conscious because the refs bent the rules to the breaking point back in 06 to get him to SB makes you say strange things.

And what about Ray Lewis. Talk about being man???? Does this guy ever stop cry-babying when he loses?

Hey Ray - Lose like a man! Not a flipping girl!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DStroh1. Show DStroh1's posts

In Response to Re: Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite:
    [QUOTE]Oh, my! Rodney nearly winked into the camera when he made the "Tom, take off your skirt" comment. File this one away under the "Rodney needs to establish his media credibility by taking on his old teammates without actually saying anything bad." How about calling out Matt Light for nearly getting Brady killed on the strip sack?Or James Sanders getting schooled on two straight plays, only to have Merriweather bail him out? A tempest in a teapot.
    Posted by WarmUpTheBeanpot[/QUOTE]

I wish you would reply to some of the yahoos on another Patriot discussion forum regarding Matt Light!  There are alot of Patriot fans that are wearing rose colored glasses because we are winning right now.  Light has nearly cost us two games now (Buffalo and Ravens) while getting Brady killed back there!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

I think this comment was made not as an ex-Patriots but as an ex-defensive player. I also detected a high sense of sarcasim in his remark.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I thought that the blow to Brady's knees was clearly illegal and even cheap.  So did all the non-Pats fans nearby me at the sportsbar.

The only way I can see why Dungy and Harrsion were claiming it was a bad call or a bad rule is because the Ravens' players were making a stink about it after the game and those two guys are employed to stir the pot, whether there is anything in the pot or not, helping to make some drama.

Overall, I thought it was a fairly called game.  There are always going to be several bad calls or bad non-calls.  I saw just as many for as against the Pats.  In fact, on their last drive one of the receivers was cleary interfered, hooked by the waist. No call. Forget who, but I remember seeing it and wondering why it wasn't called.  Either way, ALL of the roughing calls were proper, IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

It's probably nothing Rodney wouldn't have said to his face, I'm sure Brady isn't too worried about it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It thought it was just two former defensive players sticking up for the defensive players. When Harrison said it, I looked at him like, "come on, that's your friend and former teammate", but Suggs lunged into Brady's knee. Brady was scared to death; he moved his knee with less than a second to spare before Suggs' helmet made contact with his knee. 

I lost all respect for Suggs, Lewis, and Harbaugh after that play and game. I thought the Ravens defense was respectable, not cheap. I found out today that I was wrong. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lestat44. Show Lestat44's posts

I guess Rodney is sick of hearing people say he is tooooo pro Patriots........soo sad Rodney I hoped you were better then that...guess Bru will be next( I hope not that would just kill me)...oh well such is the media! 

Where was the outrage when Wilfolk got the same call Suggs did a few weeks ago and Wilfolk hit the QB at the waist initially?  Media and Lewis....simply have there own agenda and bashing the Pats is the easiest way to make it happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Where was the outrage when Wilfolk got the same call Suggs did a few weeks ago and Wilfolk hit the QB at the waist initially? 

WELL SAID Lestat   The answer : in my recliner HaHa
    as you said Wilfork's was at the waist not the  KNEE'S Ray-Ray crybaby

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

I don't know if you guys were watching the same game, but Suggs did not lunge at Brady, he was going down from the block by the lineman. Brady clearly baited the refs to throw the flag. Why was there no call when Flacco got hit way after throwing the ball and Gaither got injured? The Ngata penalty was also questionable. But as Ray said, the calls did not cost us the game, just 14 points. Overall, it was a good game. You guys played tough and played well. We could have pulled it out in the end, but left some points on the field. Hats off to you guys. Hopefully we will meet again in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

OK  Rodney, Ray and the rest of you whining defense players, YOU stand in the pocket, You analize the defense, You change plays, You make passes and hold on to the ball with 800 lbs of muscle and testerone coming at you !!  go ahead I'd like to see you do that.  Ray Lewis is a thug. and I've lost all respect for Rodney Harrison, --to say that Brady should take his skirt off, ??!!  The quarterback who helped you get a SB ring??  The QB who takes less pay so players like you can make more money. ?? SHAME ON YOU!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Hey Rodney, you wouldn't have a broadcasting career if it weren't for Brady!  You would have been just another player had you never joined the Pats after SD didn't want you. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

Rodney was tongue in cheek. He and Brady will laugh about it. I feel the guy did have intent just as Lewis did whenever he could get a lick in on Brady. Both QB's got blow to the head calls and that is just the way the rulebook reads. I remember when the ground could cause fumbles but that was then and this..........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

In Response to Re: Rodney Harrison's Brady comment tonite:
    [QUOTE]OK  Rodney, Ray and the rest of you whining defense players, YOU stand in the pocket, You analize the defense, You change plays, You make passes and hold on to the ball with 800 lbs of muscle and testerone coming at you !!  go ahead I'd like to see you do that.  Ray Lewis is a thug. and I've lost all respect for Rodney Harrison, --to say that Brady should take his skirt off, ??!!  The quarterback who helped you get a SB ring??  The QB who takes less pay so players like you can make more money. ?? SHAME ON YOU!!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Right on, NEGAME!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

The Player went at Brady's knee untouched, he should have been ejected. Sorry haters but the pats are going to have a good year, no matter how miserable it makes you

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Rodney is not going to change his opinion about quarterbacks, just because he is friends with and has played with Brady. He is right, they are overprotected. And honestly, did you watch the game? Brady IS crying to the refs a lot out on the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

once players become sports casters.they cant totally be one sided.they have to call the games the way they see it but in this case harrison was jokeing.last week one of the other casters had asked rodney something about the pats.rodney dodged the question,and they threw it in his face this week,and he laughed,but also probably made him realise he has to call games,and make comments fairly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

Rodney is right tat the rule is being applied too rigidly and the refs have to allow some contact, but he is wrong to blame Brady who has proved that he is a tough player and competitor.  Rodney is also wrong because his remark is sexist and demeans women as dainty or delicate and in need of male protection.  Coming on the NFL's Breast Cancer Awareness Day it is kind of ironic.