Rodney Retires

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rodney Retires

Though I'm sorry to see my favorite Patriots' player leave the team, at the same time, I'm glad to see it. He has suffered too many serious injuries over the past few years...and has slowed down. I'm glad to see him not trying to hang on...but retire with the same class and dignity that he has always demonstrated while wearing a Patriots' uniform. 

I have no doubt that he'll be highly successful as an NFL TV analyst, NFL official, NFL coach, or in any other field of endeavor that he may choose. 

Thanks for the great memories, Rodney: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/06/harrison
    _to_ret.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

Re: Rodney Retires

[QUOTE]     Though I'm sorry to see my favorite Patriots' player leave the team, at the same time, I'm glad to see it. He has suffered too many serious injuries over the past few years...and has slowed down. I'm glad to see him not trying to hang on...but retire with the same class and dignity that he has always demonstrated while wearing a Patriots' uniform.       I have no doubt that he'll be highly successful as an NFL TV analyst, NFL official, NFL coach, or any other field of endeavor that he may choose.       Thanks for the great memories, Rodney: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/06/harrison _to_ret.html  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Sad to see him go.  Watch out, I bet he has a couple of Seau mid season appearances in him should the need arise.

Wishful thinking I know but a guy can hope....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I would not be surprised if he made himself available late in the season for the Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoLaN87. Show NoLaN87's posts

[QUOTE]I would not be surprised if he made himself available late in the season for the Pats.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Would that be allowed if he supposedly takes this broadcasting job at NBC? I think he's done for good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Alot will be said about Rodneys' retirement, his years and his importance to the Pats sucess. As fans, we all get to know a player to some degree and I'll just say this...if I ever found myself in a "hot" foxhole, I think I'd be damn happy to have Rodney Harrison's back bumping against my back...as high a compliment as I can give...he was the ultimate Patriot..good luck Rodney....thanks for the memories...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

It's sad that this day has actually come, but I think most of us knew when he left the field with the injury last season that the odds of him coming back are not good. While I also won't rule out his potential mid-season return (didn't Deion Sanders do that with Baltimore?) I don't see it as being likely.

He has nothing left to prove. His legacy is strong. He has a ring. He can walk away from the game relatively healthy.

Congratulations on a fantastic career, Rodney. Enjoy your retirement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

One of the greatest strong safties the NFL has ever known, with Seau, Rodney carried the Chargers defense for years and made Pro Bowls.  He was the hardest hitter and was often told he was dirty when he wasn't, he got flagged on text book hits more than anyone I ever saw, it's just that the hits were so vicious the refs felt they had to throw something.

His name should be up there with Ronnie Lott and the rest of the greats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I still remember the ill feelings among the Pats players when Lawyer Milloy was replaced by Rodney.  But BB proved he knows best when he brought in Rodney, a player many thought was finished at the time.  Rodney had a great career with the Pats and should be great as an announcer.  But he's not coming back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

It's sad to see all the players from the glory days slowly phase out. I guess Bruschi and Seymour will be next.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]It's sad to see all the players from the glory days slowly phase out. I guess Bruschi and Seymour will be next.
    Posted by dafoe[/QUOTE]

Age and injuries "phase out" every player, eventually. Tedy will be 36 this year. Richard Seymour may stay on...depending on how much money he's seeking. In any event, its' time for the Pats to rebuild their defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Over and above the statistics Mr. Harrison was great leader in the clubhouse and a feared hitter. An intimidating presence in the secondary is no longer with the Patriots. One of young players will have to step up, but not into Rodney shoes because those are some big shoes to fill. Don't believe me,  ask Freddie Mitchell who was knock out his shoes. He will be missed. This is decent way to leave the game and I wish Rodney all the best in the broadcast booth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Rodney--the guy I loved to hate until he played for the Pats.  I'll admit I was skeptical at first when they signed him.  When he took out Troy Brown in practice that first time resulting in a fight, I was sure he was the cheap shot artist I'd always thought he was.  But the more I watched him, the more I realized that he simply does not take plays off and plays every games like it's his last.  That he could play for as long as he did playing with the kind of reckelss abandon he's known for is amazing. 

I'm glad we got to enjoy his play over the past few years.  He changed my opinion.  He is a hard-nosed, ruthless competitor and we may not see his equivalent around here ever again.            

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

In a league that is getting truely softer and softer every year Rodney was always a delight to watch and I will miss him. He is one of my all time favs, Ihave his Pats throwback and i wear it to every home game. I was at the game when he got hurt last year and i was sad then as I am now. Rodney has been called a alot of things but I will always remember him as a member of the Pats family. I hope he retires a Pat and if he does ever get into teh HOF which I doubt but if he does i hope he goes in as a Patriot f*ck teh Chargers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Would that be allowed if he supposedly takes this broadcasting job at NBC? I think he's done for good.
    Posted by NoLaN87[/QUOTE]

It depends on what his contract with NBC looks like. I would be surprised if NBC would block him if he wanted to play at the end of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]     Though I'm sorry to see my favorite Patriots' player leave the team, at the same time, I'm glad to see it. He has suffered too many serious injuries over the past few years...and has slowed down. I'm glad to see him not trying to hang on...but retire with the same class and dignity that he has always demonstrated while wearing a Patriots' uniform.       I have no doubt that he'll be highly successful as an NFL TV analyst, NFL official, NFL coach, or any other field of endeavor that he may choose.       Thanks for the great memories, Rodney: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/06/harrison _to_ret.html  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] who says he cant go out with a bang.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/03/rodney-harrison-already-is-stirring-things-up/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I love Rodney Harrison. There....I said it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vpindi. Show vpindi's posts

My favorite player on defence. I wish Patrick Chung develops into mini Rodney. I liked his ruthless shots, competetive spirit. Pats will miss him.

Good luck Rodney!