Roethlisberger follows Brady's example

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Roethlisberger follows Brady's example

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/26/4032858/ben-roethlisberger-steelers-contract-change

Roethlisberger is restructuring his contract to give the Steelers more cap rooms, but apparently the team still has to release a few of its bigger names.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Roethlisberger follows Brady's example

It's not really "Brady's example"

Players have been restructuring contracts for a long time now...it's not uncommon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This isn't the same thing.  Brady added years at less money per year to his contract in order to let them spread out the cap hit every year and make every year lower.  A standard restructuring just gives a team more breathing room that year, but causes the cap hit to be higher in future years (see Brady's restructuring last offseason).  This isn't to say Roethlisberger couldn't do the same thing in the future, but so far he has not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I am actually more interested in the result of the cap number increase and how that would impact which player the Steelers will keep or still has to release.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't care what he does...he should be in jail for rape.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Amazing isn't it...damn straight though. And yet he's a media darling. Ryan Mallett get blacklisted out of the first round in 2011 over a bunch of BS and still has people out there saying he ain't worth jack shzt....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Amazing isn't it...damn straight though. And yet he's a media darling. Ryan Mallett get blacklisted out of the first round in 2011 over a bunch of BS and still has people out there saying he ain't worth jack shzt....

Don't really understand how you can make any comparison there; Ben has won 2 SB's and Mallett has not played a competitive game in his career...

Football analysts discuss players on field play more than their off field stuff

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Agreed but he'll always have that ring and thats all that matters. What can ya do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Don't really understand how you can make any comparison there; Ben has won 2 SB's and Mallett has not played a competitive game in his career...

Football analysts discuss players on field play more than their off field stuff

I'm not comparing talent, I'm comparing how a 2 time rapist is held up in high regard and Mallet gets hammer'd over a puff or two. There was no reason for Mallett to get drummed out of the first round. Ben should have been drummed out of the league. He most certainly raped that women.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I get what you mean but its not like the media condemned Mallett. 32 teams passed on him, some two or three times.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Pittsburgh will have shaved over 24 million in cap dollars in three days time after restructuring four players. They may ask 35 year old James Harrison to take a pay cut or just release him and his 6 sacks all together - after that they will have saved close to 30 million in less than a week. Is this what salary cap hell is suppossed to look like? And the Steelers were suppossed to be in the worst shape? Maybe they will lose Wallace, but do they care? The guy can barely catch 60 passes in a season and is a one trick poney, it might be good thing they can't resign him.

Now it can't be fun having to push things forward and forward every off season because you spent to keep your talent, but it really hasn't caught up to them yet. They most certainly would of made the playoffs and been a major contender if big Ben hadn't gone down - in fact the Ravens may not of won this last super bowl if the Steelers were healthy. Personally I think this team should be taking a step back this season...they got old, but unfortunately they have a much bigger window of oppurtunity than teams without a franchise QB. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I wonder if flacco egged big bens house like he did Brady's.  that will drop the top 5 average at the position. Tagging flacco will be cheaper now.