Roethlisberger trial will go on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Roethlisberger trial will go on

Tough guy rapelisberger is going to trial!! (unless his victim is bought off by the truck loads of money I'm sure he'll now be offering her).

I'd truly love to see this story come out. She's already defied the odds by fighting off rapelisberger's extremely high powered and highly paid law firm's best efforts supress her story from coming out. 

My research into this arrogant bum's history and background leads me to believe there's a very good chance he's guilty. I'd truly love to see him do the perp walk.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/10/22/judge-refuses-to-dismiss-rape-charges-against-roet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!!

You know he stole the trim.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!!

He's as guilty as Kobe and we all know how that turned out.  Hard to stay focused on the field when you have this hanging over you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

its not rape if the rapist is rich

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!!:
    [QUOTE]Tough guy rapelisberger is going to trial!! (unless his victim is bought off by the truck loads of money I'm sure he'll now be offering her). I'd truly love to see this story come out. She's already defied the odds by fighting off rapelisberger's extremely high powered and highly paid law firm's best efforts supress her story from coming out.  My research into this arrogant bum's history and background leads me to believe there's a very good chance he's guilty. I'd truly love to see him do the perp walk. http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/10/22/judge-refuses-to-dismiss-rape-charges-against-roet
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]
    You need to get a freakin life!  Oh man......you're ignorance is so glaring!  Obviously stems from recent SB Champ envy/jealousy.  How sad!Cry

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He didn't rape her, she was bragging to her friends about how she slept with a SB winning QB the very next day. It's just another girl trying to get rich of a professional athelete-- like with Kobe. 

When you're drunk your wanton behavior feels great, when you wake up the next morning you start to feel like a garbage bag. Used and tossed out.

Gentlemen, if you get rich watch your backs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucky13calistyle. Show lucky13calistyle's posts

49....   I agree 100%

I can remember a funny story about an attorney for many high profile athletes that was actually advising his clients to videotape all sexual encounters as means of proving mutual consent.  This was maybe 6-7 years ago... I wonder what happened to that practice... seems pretty logical to me.

As a side note I want to point out Big Ben's attorney's original answer to the allegations... something along the lines of "my client has not raped anyone.... ESPECIALLY not her!"

Ugly betty is now getting her 5 minutes and will most likely fall back through the cracks like Kobe's accuser in the coming months. 

Who wants to bet there is an out of court undisclosed cash settlement.  Its all about the benjamins baby!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATFN83. Show PATFN83's posts

In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : You need to get a freakin life!  Oh man......you're ignorance is so glaring!  Obviously stems from recent SB Champ envy/jealousy.  How sad!
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know a Jet Fan even knew what the term "Super Bowl" meant.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Re: Roethlisberger trial will go on

Everyone its obvious Ben didn't rape her. Forget about how she supposedly bragged about it and everything. Forget about how his legal team has publicly slandered her and sullied her reputation. He's gay.

If you don't believe me ask MyNJJets for a breakdown of their night together. He was a TE in high school and after a night with Ben he's a WR.

Yell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : Wow, I didn't know a Jet Fan even knew what the term "Super Bowl" meant.  
    Posted by PATFN83[/QUOTE]
    Gee...........how mature.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger trial will go on:
    [QUOTE]Everyone its obvious Ben didn't rape her. Forget about how she supposedly bragged about it and everything. Forget about how his legal team has publicly slandered her and sullied her reputation. He's gay. If you don't believe me ask MyNJJets for a breakdown of their night together. He was a TE in high school and after a night with Ben he's a WR.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

Another wise post...........bravo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : You need to get a freakin life!  Oh man......you're ignorance is so glaring!  Obviously stems from recent SB Champ envy/jealousy.  How sad!

I don't see how this was all that smart either. Is this you jumping over to the Giants? Are you that upset about the 5 picks and that disgusting loss to the Bills that you have to jump teams?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone its obvious Ben didn't rape her. Forget about how she supposedly bragged about it and everything. Forget about how his legal team has publicly slandered her and sullied her reputation. He's gay. If you don't believe me ask MyNJJets for a breakdown of their night together. He was a TE in high school and after a night with Ben he's a WR.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

so is big ben a top? or a power bottom?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

I forgot what this chick looks like. I hope she's bettewr looking than the one Steven Phillips was chopping down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

The problem with these cases is that no one knows who to believe.  Based on what I've read, I'm still not certain who is telling the truth.  I'm not going to jump to conclusions because the guy plays for a rival team or because the woman didn't file a police report.  Some people are probably convinced that the big ego star quarterback acted poorly because of his status and thought he could get away with it.  Others probably believe that the woman is out to get a payoff and had stars and dollar signs in her eyes when she went to that room. 

This is what the court system is for.  The fact is that these two people put themselves in this situation and the truth needs to prevail.  Someone was wronged here.     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : Gee...........how mature.

MYNJJets

If you're trying to be the reasonable Jets guy in this place, you might want to point out the flaws in someone's argument rather than go on the offensive with the superbowl envy comments.  That is unless you like to be the target of everyone's ire.  You are a target and need to bring something to the table before people give you any credibility.   

I think this thing will play itself out and that regardless who is at fault, this will be settled out of court.  Will a payoff be seen as an admission of Roethlisbereger's guilt by some?  Yes.  Others will see it as the woman taking advantage of a situation for a big payday--aka extortion.  It seems there's no shortage of athletes that like to put themselves in these types of situations.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with these cases is that no one knows who to believe.  Based on what I've read, I'm still not certain who is telling the truth.  I'm not going to jump to conclusions because the guy plays for a rival team or because the woman didn't file a police report.  Some people are probably convinced that the big ego star quarterback acted poorly because of his status and thought he could get away with it.  Others probably believe that the woman is out to get a payoff and had stars and dollar signs in her eyes when she went to that room.  This is what the court system is for.  The fact is that these two people put themselves in this situation and the truth needs to prevail.  Someone was wronged here.     
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's the most intelligent and mature post I've read on this fourm in a while. The bottom line is nobody really knows what happened. Women can be cold and calculating liars. And a lot of professional athletes have been coddled and allowed the live above the law for so long that they feel entitled to do whatever they want. So the only people that eally know what happened in that room are Ben and the woman.

And not to go off on a rant, but all the people falling over themselves to take Ben's side (mostly because he's a rich white athlete) are part of the problem. It's this attitude that keeps many rape victims from coming forward. Especially if their attacker is successful. How about we give her the benefit of doubt?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : I don't see how this was all that smart either. Is this you jumping over to the Giants? Are you that upset about the 5 picks and that disgusting loss to the Bills that you have to jump teams?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Another brilliant post.............

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : MYNJJets If you're trying to be the reasonable Jets guy in this place, you might want to point out the flaws in someone's argument rather than go on the offensive with the superbowl envy comments.  That is unless you like to be the target of everyone's ire.  You are a target and need to bring something to the table before people give you any credibility.    I think this thing will play itself out and that regardless who is at fault, this will be settled out of court.  Will a payoff be seen as an admission of Roethlisbereger's guilt by some?  Yes.  Others will see it as the woman taking advantage of a situation for a big payday--aka extortion.  It seems there's no shortage of athletes that like to put themselves in these types of situations.   

Rob - I suppose I don't care to dignify the ORIGINAL poster, who referred to Rothlisberger as a Rapistberger or whatever.  Why would I need to justify my posts when they are responding to such garbage?  Please...........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : MYNJJets If you're trying to be the reasonable Jets guy in this place, you might want to point out the flaws in someone's argument rather than go on the offensive with the superbowl envy comments.  That is unless you like to be the target of everyone's ire.  You are a target and need to bring something to the table before people give you any credibility.    I think this thing will play itself out and that regardless who is at fault, this will be settled out of court.  Will be be seen as an admission of Roethlisbereger's guilt by some?  Yes.  Others will see it as the woman taking advantage of a situation for a big payday.  It seems there's no shortage of athletes that like to put themselves in these types of situations.   

Well said, I'm not sure who's at fault here but it seems hard to fathom these athletes keep putting themselves in this position. The worst part is no matter what happens in court you'll still have people thinking on both sides on the fence. Can you imagine if this becomes a big enough distraction to disrupt the teams chances? Think of how his team will feel about you for hurting their chances to win? 
    They should have them sign something before they get to pie eyed. Or better yet, get a girlfriend/wife so you don't have to go trolling in bars.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : Well said, I'm not sure who's at fault here but it seems hard to fathom these athletes keep putting themselves in this position. The worst part is no matter what happens in court you'll still have people thinking on both sides on the fence. Can you imagine if this becomes a big enough distraction to disrupt the teams chances? Think of how his team will feel about you for hurting their chances to win?  They should have them sign something before they get to pie eyed. Or better yet, get a girlfriend/wife so you don't have to go trolling in bars.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Steelers QBs always causing distractions, first Kordell now big ben... at least the center dosnt have to worry too much when ben is putting his hands between his legs....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Judge throws out Roethlisberger's motion to dismiss and denies sanctions against plaintiff's lawyers!! : You people are all so sexist.   Typical male response that she's just making this up for money.  You make me embarassed to be a male.  I feel if she said he did it, he did. Look at it this way, if Cheesburger said this woman threw a cup of coffee in his face, would you deny it happened?  Probably not.  Now, grow up.  Rape cannot and will not be dismissed by a guy saying, "oh, she made it up...."  I beleive that videotaping anything without the other person's consent is also against the law, especially if it involves sex.  What was that attorney smoking?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Fun fact about rape, nearly 50% of all rape cases are false accusations. When it comes to rape that simply fact of "It's her word against yours" is unsettling. A man is guilty just because a woman can says he is, that's not justice. I would hate for this to happen to you, but rape is a never ending crime. Once a male rapes a girl, he goes to jail to be raped by the inmates. That's how most people-including myself- would want justice served, not by getting paid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

Interesting to note that Ben is also involved in another "dispute" where he is accused of getting a waiter fired for asking Ben's date to show ID.  Ben pulled a "do you know who I am" and the waiter was fired the next day because he wouldn't serve alcohol to someone who wouldn't show ID.  Whether or not the rape allegation is true, it seems Ben gets himself into a fair number of situations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

[QUOTE]Fun fact about rape, nearly 50% of all rape cases are false accusations. Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Since when is any fact about rape "fun".  Not sure where you got your stats, but rape is also the crime that is least reported.