Ron Brace is bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: Ron Brace is bust

In Response to Re: Ron Brace is bust:
    [QUOTE] He drew a double team so that says something.   BB seemed to imply he played better in the 4-3 where he didn't have to cover two gaps.  That tells me he is still learning and not that he is too weak.
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

Most guys playing NT get the double team due to proximity.  There's a center and two guards.  Thr tackles get the ends.  It wasn't until the Pat's decided to go back to that standup defense (which they used in Buffalo of all places several years ago to much success).  I hope they contnue to utilize it.  Best I saw them at pressuring the QB.  I think it could work against Peyton if they get that far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace is bust : I remember Wright in preseason when he was a rookie.....he was clearly a standout .....his mototr did not stop.  Then they do wha they do bring them along slowly (preseason is a different animal) but you could see the talent.  On the flip side I haven't seen anything with Brace.  Personally, I think the guy has the fottbal ability, he's simply not strong enought o play at his level yet.  Perhaps a good year in the weight room does the trick.  Anyone know?  I can't remember his combine stats. 
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]
    Combine Results:
                              Brace                 Wilfork 2004 Pro day (no Combine Workout)
    40 Yard Dash :    5.5 seconds                  5.08
    Bench Press :      32.0 reps                      36
    Vertical Jump :    28.0 inches                   26.5
    Broad Jump :       75.0 inches                   100"
    3 Cone Drill :       4.73 seconds                 7.62
    20 Yard Shuttle : 8.15 seconds                 4.50

It's close but Wilfork was slightly better, probably why he was a 1st rounder.  I don't know what most of these numbers mean for a NT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

It's silly to dismiss Brace at this point.  Wilfork played behind Washington in his rookie year and was not on the field that much. In his second year he was the starter but he struggled, and when the team lost games at home to Indy and SD, people got on him a lot more than people are on Brace now.  Now we all agree he is the the best defensive player on the squad.  Brace might not pan out but lets give him some time, a year off season work-out program, and at least most of next season before we have this discussion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Belichick has constantly said that the biggest improvement comes in the offseason between year 1 and 2.  If he plays sparingly next year I'd be a little more worried. 

Look at it this way too.  The Pats' draft this year has yielded some potentially good to very good players.  I'd prefer to look at rookies with a glass half full attitude knowing that a number of them got to play this year and at least held thier own. 

So I agree with whoever said that the only bust is the title of this post because it's way too early to say that Brace is a lost cause. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

So at what point do we all finally agree that Brace is a bust just like I predicted almost a year ago?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

^
    ^
    ^
    if makes no improvement this season and does nothing in the next off season to rectify it....then IMO he'll be a bust.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Still too early to call Brace anything.  Why so anxious to call Brace a bust before the season starts? Because he's in shorts riding the exercise bike?  A lot of people wanted to call Chung and Butler busts last year and now supposedly both are having great camps.  All we hear is that both those guys have reportedly made that year 1 to year 2 step that Belichick often touts.  Know what?  I'll wait till those guys prove it on the field and won't read into things.  If Brace is in streetclothes most of this year, then you may be right.  But so what, what is this post trying to prove, that some guys are busts despite being drafted witha  high pick?  Earth shattering analysis...    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

"So at what point do we all finally agree that Brace is a bust just like I predicted almost a year ago?"

My advice is to do what Nostradamus did:

Predict everything.

Then, when you're predictions come true, dig back into the past and remind us all what a visionary you are, and when they don't . . .

just pretend you never said that.

It's fool proof.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I don't understand why there are so many on this board who are always so eager to criticize and proclaim that "BB doesn't know what he's doing.., etc, etc.". Apparently, they never stop even for a moment to contemplate how over-the-top ridiculous such a statement is, coming from joe lunch-bucket.
    In the real world, we should be considering the fact that Brace is trying to learn one or more of the most difficult positions on the field, playing different techniques then he played in college. He's probably learning DE and nose tackle.
    It typically takes two years of more for a rookie to really start making an impact in either of positions. 

How about giving the kid a break, instead of the non-stop criticism? Proclaiming him a "bust" at this point is absurd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

<<How about giving the kid a break, instead of the non-stop criticism? Proclaiming him a "bust" at this point is absurd.>>

Hear, hear!

Couldn't agree more, unclealfie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Too early to tell but it is certainly not looking good. BB's recent draft pick record has been poor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

He is developing, and needs to find his way on a 3-4 line. He had to go through a large transition and most rookie D-lineman don't contribute much, if any, their rookie year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Too early to tell but it is certainly not looking good. BB's recent draft pick record has been poor.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

I guess it's a good thing you aren't a fan of the Pats then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Brace was picked in the 2nd round along with Chung, Butler and Vollmer.

Chung, Butler and Vollmer are likely starters opening day. All three showed promise last year.

On the other hand, Brace has shown nothing. Just about every other 2009 draft choice has shown more promise than Brace.

Bill Parcells used to say: "I go by what I see".

At this point in time, Brace is the worst pick from the 2009 draft. Especially when you take into account that he was a high 2nd rounder.

As BB likes to say, "It is what it is".

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]So at what point do we all finally agree that Brace is a bust just like I predicted almost a year ago?
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]
    Well murgh, if you're saying that Brace hasn't tackled one ballcarrier in a game all offseason from February until the start of training camp, you're absolutely right about that.  And if you're saying that Brace has been injured and has missed all of the past 5 days, you're right about that too.  I can't argue with logic. 

Of course Wes Welker didn't catch any crucial passes in offseason and he was injured too, at least until Friday, and he didn't even play in the Gillette Stadium practice.  Bust?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

He's looking like Crable part deux.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I am saying at what point do we label him a bust.

I mean, fark..... people didn't want to label even Shawn Crable a bust after 2 seasons without play. It's like Denial-land. Noone wants to wake up to reality. So many people here had such high hopes for Crable for this season........ or Terrence Nunn last season, etc etc.

Give it up already.

This fat toad, who just failed his conditioning test, totally got manhandled every single time he stepped on the field last seaon.

The only reason he won't get cut is that cutting someone from the 1st or 2nd round after 1 season means you made such a blunder in the scouting/drafting department that it likely is going to cost someone their job.

Brace will be on the roster to save face. He will stay below even Wright and Pyror in the depth department, let alone the 3 starters. He will remain inactive on game days and maybe later in the season be activated due to injury to one of those ahead of him in depth chart and then only take the field to allow someone else to have a breather....... but not for long lest he embarass us more on the field.

Brace is frickin bust. I base this on seeing his pathetic play last season every time he took the field and the fact that all reports indicate he has made little to no development this offseason, all culminating in his failed conditioning test.

We need to cut our losses with this toad already.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Not saying he is a bust but he has crable written all over him.  You can smell the crable coming off of this guy...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

VG may be a bust.  IMO, that will be decided after this chance he is given to play DE in a 3-4.  He has put on a few pounds and we will see how he holds up.  He may be a bust but he hasnt been crabled.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE]What IT is is a fat pantload not smart enought to tie his own cleats without tripping over them...he SUC*S...he hasn't been able to pratice yet....WHY?..what if he has't been able to pass the conditioning test and they don't want to burn  the fat bastid....or tell the world they blew yet another high draft choice.....He is giving every indication he's a bust...IF he makes the team...and that's a fat pantload IF...it will probably only be because the scouting dept. and the pats management wants to save face and not end up cutting someone in the same way they had to Crable.....IF HE CAN"T PUT THE PADS ON, OR IF HE'S TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND HIS DEFENSIVE RESPONSIBILITIES, CUT HIM....doesn't say much for a BC education!
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

is that you drinking out of the toilet in your avatar?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]This fat toad, who just failed his conditioning test, . . .
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]
    I'm unable to find any evidence on Google that Ron Brace failed his conditioning test.  So, flunking the conditioning test is your rumor alone.  DT Haynesworth of the Redskins is too fat and he flunked a conditioning test.  Is that who you're talking about?

BB ordered Vince Wilfork to gain weight when he arrived as a rookie.  The strategy seems to have worked.  Brace may be fat by a nutritionist's standards and he's a skinny little boy by sumo wrestler standards, but I've heard no rumors that he isn't meeting his nose tackle weight targets.  

Anyone on the line is a big ugly so I'll give you the toad part. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Since you are so concerned with VG and his progress.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Vernons-Been-Burnin-in-the-Early-Going/6de3b7ec-74ff-49cd-869b-8a7398da74e1

I especially like that Thomas is giving him props.  Its good to have validation from your peirs. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Brace got pushed around a bit subbing for VW and I think he's not strong enough to take over for big Vince.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Still too early, see you again next year at the same time.