Ron Brace the home town boy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ron Brace the home town boy

so this kid was born and raised in Massachusetts how great is that? This kid is living the dream. He is a very good prospect for the NT spot and gives us good depth behind Wilfork. Does this mean Wilfork could be let go after his contract? i dont think so but what do you think? Its a good insurence policy at the very least. I dont think we will let Wilfork walk but this pick will get him off the field for breathers and will help the D line in the long run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

Re: Ron Brace the home town boy

I wish to see a defense package with Wilfork and Brace on the field at the same time.  I mean that's like 4 linemen between the two of them!!!!! Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

i might be one of a few people who think this isn't mostly for contract negotiations with Wilfork.

i think that this gives us a chance to have two freakish and fresh NT's on the field on all downs. It also gives the offense a different look as we can move the two of them in and out. I know Wilfork wants to stay a Patriot through his career, and I think the Patriots are willing to keep him if he's willing to take less money than others around the league (Wilfork already said he's not looking for Haynesworth-type money). Wilfork is a great guy - excellent athlete, smart player, and values the team, the coaches, the system, and the friends he's made more than cashing in a huge check. He wants his due, and I think he deserves it, but I have a feeling the Pats can keep him and that Ron will learn a lot from him and we'll be set at NT for a long time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Wilfork is a great guy - excellent athlete, smart player, and values the team, the coaches, the system, and the friends he's made more than cashing in a huge check.       

While I'll agree he is loyal (and I certainly hope he can retire a Patriot...in a few years), I still think it'll be a huge check he gets. Not Haynesworth money, granted, but much more than your average NFL player. And with both those guys that would be a formidable 4-3 front! The depth is great, and if this guy can be anywhere near as good as Wilfork this would be a huge pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Brace and Wilfork could be like Washington and Traylor....If in a regular 4-3 Mayo could have 150 tackles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The answer to whether he threatens Fork or is quality depth depends on his development. If he is as good or better than Wilfork, then why would you want to pay Fork big money when he works cheap?

At that point it is academic.

He is automatically leverage because he is the de facto best NT on the team after Fork. I can't see this kid busting in a million years. And there isn't another player with his size or strength on the roster, period.

So even if he isn't as dynamic as Wilfork, they can go into negotiations knowing they have someone better than Wright to fill the role, and won't have to dip into FA.

The best pick possible when you think about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Put both Brace and Wilfork in on goal line stands and on third and 1.  That pile is moving backwards.

Moreover, Brace gives Wilfork a breather, keeps him fresh for the fourth quarter. 

With his lateral movement capability, Brace may be BB's answer to the two man wedge rule on kickoff returns.  That first defender is going into the 30 mph frontal collision test barrier without an airbag, and maybe Brace can block a second defender after the first hit.

This pick more than any other probably makes BB happy.  BB traded up.  He got perhaps the best pure nose tackle in the draft, and he prizes nose tackles for good reason.  They stop the run.  They stop third downs.  Doubled up or spelled, they break down offensive lines, until by the end of the game the O-lines haven't got much push left.  Shuttling people in and out of O-lines is risky, because they lose track of the count and what their buddies are doing for a blocking scheme.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Great pick seeing VW will gone after this year.  I was never that high on VW.  I don't like the dirty $h!t either.  It makes the team look bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

How about a formation of Warren, Wilfork, Brace, Seymour in the front 4
    Mayo roaming the middle and 6 DB's to defend the pass.  That would be a monster wall in the front, with Mayo to clear up any trash that sneaks through, and occasionally whack a TE in coverage.  6 DBs to kill the passing game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would agree with that package but i would say we would want to have Thomas on the field as well bloodmoon. He is our best linebacker, i love Mayo but Thomas has way more game time experience so he still holds value. Adalius Thomas is going to take over for losing Mike Vrabel as our best OLB. It is not easy to find good nose tackles so i think Belichick sa a chance to get a good NT an dhe jumped at it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

How about goal lines now, put brace and VW in the middle RS and DEs next to them.  That to me it's a wall I wouldn't want to run into.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

The one thing I wanted out of this draft was OL & DL depth.  Picking up Brace was more than I could have hoped for!

I don't see him as an eventual replacement of Wilfork.  I see him as the eventual replacement of Seymour.  He will be a large athletic and versatile player on the DL for years to come!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

delux you are way off, no way he is a replacement for Seymore, this kid is a nose tackle pure and simple. He is a huge mionster of a man not a DE he is way too big to be a replacement for Seymore. We did not draft a replacement for Seymore so I dont know what we will do there if we let him walk but as of right now we have no replacement for him, Brace is a NT no doubt about it.