Ron Brace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Ron Brace

With Pryor being a "technique guy" under Brooks at Kentucky he is apparently ahead of Brace thus far in his development. 

Anyone with any insight to Brace's perceived developmental pace? 

I went to many BC games and certainly he was in the shadow of BJ Raji.  Granted he was a big guy and all, but at the same time I was surprised that he went as early as he did in the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryanwiener. Show bryanwiener's posts

Re: Ron Brace

Some projected him as a first-rounder, especially if Raji didn't overshadow him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What about Chung and Butler and Vollmer and Tate and McKenzie?  I've hardly seen any of them on the field.  Another draft full of busts, woah are we!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace:
    [QUOTE]What about Chung and Butler and Vollmer and Tate and McKenzie?  I've hardly seen any of them on the field.  Another draft full of busts, woah are we!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Yep, you got it, we have 5 draft busts, 3 games into their pro careers.......

You make it seem like there are 5 open positions just waiting for a rookie to step in.  Guess what?  Rookies need time to develop.......

Not to mention that McKenzie and Tate have been injured and unable to practice since the start of camp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Butler was playing in some of the dime packages before he got dinged up a little.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I think the draft picks will work their way onto the field as the situations dictate.  I am looking forward to the growth of Butler, he just strikes me as a guy that always ends up around the ball.  It's an ideal scenario when you don't have to force a guy into the fray before he's quite ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I think the draft picks will work their way onto the field as the situations dictate.  I am looking forward to the growth of Butler, he just strikes me as a guy that always ends up around the ball.  It's an ideal scenario when you don't have to force a guy into the fray before he's quite ready.
    Posted by southernpat[/QUOTE]

I agree that easing a player in is probably the best way for them to adapt, unless a shortage in personnel calls for baptism by fire..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Ron Brace:
    [QUOTE]With Pryor being a "technique guy" under Brooks at Kentucky he is apparently ahead of Brace thus far in his development.  Anyone with any insight to Brace's perceived developmental pace?  I went to many BC games and certainly he was in the shadow of BJ Raji.  Granted he was a big guy and all, but at the same time I was surprised that he went as early as he did in the draft.
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

Brace was another BB reach pick who benefitted from Raji attracting more blockers. He plays a position which is tough for rookies to break in. He may be our version of Gholston, but at least we picked him no. 40, not no. 6.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : Yep, you got it, we have 5 draft busts, 3 games into their pro careers....... You make it seem like there are 5 open positions just waiting for a rookie to step in.  Guess what?  Rookies need time to develop....... Not to mention that McKenzie and Tate have been injured and unable to practice since the start of camp.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

There is something to be said for this trading down and taking quantities of mediocrity vs. trade ups or holds in the draft to take a better player with impact. Many of these trade-down quantity guys have been marginal and easily replaved players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Vollmer looked really good for the 1 or 2 plays he was filling in for Light (so BB could yell at him).  And that was against Schobel I believe.  As for the rest of them, Butler is always around the ball as previously mentioned, but I'm not as convinced that it's a good thing.  I mean, it's better than his receivers being wide open, but ideally you wouldn't be seeing him since the QB wouldn't be throwing into tight coverage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]What about Chung and Butler and Vollmer and Tate and McKenzie?  I've hardly seen any of them on the field.  Another draft full of busts, woah are we!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE
    Is this a serious post or sarcasm?We are 3 games into these guys rookie season.It's a little unreasonable to expect a lot from these guys this early.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : [QUOTE]What about Chung and Butler and Vollmer and Tate and McKenzie?  I've hardly seen any of them on the field.  Another draft full of busts, woah are we! Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE Is this a serious post or sarcasm?We are 3 games into these guys rookie season.It's a little unreasonable to expect a lot from these guys this early.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

I'll give you three guesses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I have to agree with mightypatriotz. This draft class is almost as bad as next years draft class. I mean none of next years draft class has even been seen in the media portions of the practices yet never mind making it to the field during a game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scomun. Show scomun's posts

Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

MightyPatriotz relax...3 games in and you're declaring the draft a bust.   McKenzie is on IR and has been for weeks. Tate is on the PUP...they will either activate or IR him in a few weeks.  Chung, Butler and Vollmer have all been on the field. They aren't starting but have all been on the field  and done ok.  Butler was out last week.  Give it time.  I think Tate will be a sleeper, maybe not this year, but next.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

ATE IS ON THE PUP(PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO PERFORM LIST---(OUT FOR AT LEAST 6 GAMES --A SITUATION THE PATRIOTS KNEW ABOUT PRIOR TO THE DRAFT--THE INJURY DID HURT HIS DRAFT POSITION).GIVE CHUNG,WHO WAS MOVED AROUND A LOT DURING HIS COLLEGE CAREER,AT LEAST THIS SEASON TO DEVELOP.HIS PHYSICAL ABILITIES,OUTSTANDING WORK ETHIC AND INTELLIGENCE BODE WELL FOR HIS FUTURE.VOLLMER IS PERHAPS FURTHER ALONG THAN EVEN THE PATRIOTS EXPECTED BUT THE CONTINUITY ALONG ANY O.L. IS CRITICAL AND COACH BILL IS A LEADING PROPONENT OF THIS THEORY.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Remember, it took Meriweather a while to get up to speed, and he's doing fine now. With rookies, it is the exception, not the rule, that they play well right out of the gate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

SORY ABOUT OMITTING BUTLER,BUT HE IS ALREADY THE 4TH CORNER.HE IS A COMER.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Not only are these guys trying to acclimate to the NFL but the Pats D scheme can't be the easiest thing to pick up. Not saying they will work out, just saying it's too early to make the call.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't the pats get draft get rated the worst in the NFL this year? BB is slipping and Brady is getting old.My mouth is watering as a Jets fan right now! How are ya!?
    Posted by LeonLucky[/QUOTE]

The Pats have younger and cheaper players they are developing which is crucial in the NFL so you don't wind up having to pay bigger money for over the hill FAs like the Jets did while Mangina was running things.  How'd that Gholsten pick work out for you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't the pats get draft get rated the worst in the NFL this year? BB is slipping and Brady is getting old.My mouth is watering as a Jets fan right now! How are ya!?

Wrong on all accounts except if your mouth is watering, you might want to go get checked for Rabies.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

Excactly Leon, You have to judge how the Jets are going to do based on what the Patriots do first because your team just isn't for real.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Leon, I don't know who is grading the 2009 draft but we wont know for a few years who had a good draft in 2009 and who didn't.  BTW MOOOOOOOO!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack-500. Show jack-500's posts

What about Chung and Butler and Vollmer and Tate and McKenzie?  I've hardly seen any of them on the field.  Another draft full of busts, woah are we!

Why does anybody even bother to respond to this?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Jeez...and I started this to get insight on Brace....oh boooy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : Yep, you got it, we have 5 draft busts, 3 games into their pro careers....... You make it seem like there are 5 open positions just waiting for a rookie to step in.  Guess what?  Rookies need time to develop....... Not to mention that McKenzie and Tate have been injured and unable to practice since the start of camp.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

McKenzie is on the IR for the year.