Ron Brace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Ron Brace

In Response to Re: Ron Brace:
    [QUOTE]Jeez...and I started this to get insight on Brace....oh boooy!
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

Truth is, nobody but BB and the coaches know.  There just hasn't been much said about him.  I do think he has been activated for all the games, so it can't be that bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't the pats get draft get rated the worst in the NFL this year? BB is slipping and Brady is getting old.My mouth is watering as a Jets fan right now! How are ya!?
    Posted by LeonLucky[/QUOTE]

haha your dumb

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack-500. Show jack-500's posts

I really like Myron Pryor He has a knack for batting down passes. He got a few in Preseason and I think one Sunday against Atlanta. I have not seen much of Brace but I'm sure he will get in some games. Your not likely to see much from rookies during the first part of the season but sometimes there are some rookies that pick it up going into the final leg or the season when they start to get the feel of the Pro's I look for one or two of these newcomer’s  to make a little noise this year.

Does anyone have info on Terrence Nunn? I really liked him in preseason

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't the pats get draft get rated the worst in the NFL this year? BB is slipping and Brady is getting old.My mouth is watering as a Jets fan right now! How are ya!?
    Posted by LeonLucky[/QUOTE]

Leon,
       I'll bet your mouth is watering . . . now stop staring at your lifesize poster of Mark Sanchez and get back to posting!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : McKenzie is on the IR for the year.
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

Correct.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : I agree that easing a player in is probably the best way for them to adapt, unless a shortage in personnel calls for baptism by fire..
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Depends on the player. At the very least, they should get in as many as possible at garbage time if it doesn't hurt tiebreaker for playoffs, for example Brandon Merriweather in 2007 could have gotten some serious playing time and got virtually none regardless of the a s s kicking the Pats were handing out virtually every game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

"Does anyone have info on Terrence Nunn?"

He's on the 8-man practice squad. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Typically, rookies who step in immediately and have success (or failure, for that matter) do so on spectacularly bad teams with glaring weaknesses and immediate needs. Quality depth has been a hallmark of the Belichick era Patriots teams and it is not reasonable to expect newbs to show up and displace seasoned vets in complicated schemes. Brace appears to have all the physical tools and, while I have no way of knowing if his work ethic or learning potential are up to Belichick's standards, the fact that he has not seen playing time to this point is not an indication either way.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It would appear that this is not the best medium for conveying sarcasm ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Who knows what's up with Brace? It could be he hasn't mastered the mental elements yet. I'm not giving up yet. Meriweather didn't play significantly until well into his first year.

Then there's always the injury situation. Maybe he's hurt or hampered in some way. I'm pretty shocked that Moss was able to talk about his back quite frankly. That stuff never happens with the Pats. While we're at it, I'd just as soon not hear any more interviews from MiniWes. Rooks should be seen and not heard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Myron Pryor is good.  BB let Seymour out the door first because you should never refuse Oakland's first-rounder on the cheap, but second because the D-line is kind of excellent from top to bottom. 

Brace is a mystery.  He's not on the field.

A.  Brace is no good whatsoever against the pass or the end-around, and we just saw three teams that don't really run a lot of power through the middle (talking smack does not count).  Brace is available for third and goal on the one maybe, for fourth and inches, or when the Steelers come to town.

B.  D-line is not officially a "skill" position but the O-linemen have all been moaning about the "skill" slight for years.  No one ever becomes an instant starter on the line except for a pro bowler like Mankins.  Usually for the O-line a two year apprenticeship is required before starting.  Maybe the D-line requires an apprenticeship too.  How long did Jarvis Green take to bloom?  Did Ty Warren get better with time?  How important are the arts of quick hand placement and foot placement at the NFL level?  Which way are the O-linemen going to push you when they zone-block?

C.  Maybe Brace is injured and we don't know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Posted by LeonLucky[/QUOTE]Don't get to happy sally!After the New Orleans Saints dances all over the touted defense you'll stop whistling....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to the idiot, Leon:

How'd that Gholsten pick work out for you?
    Posted by HarryBallz[/QUOTE]

Snaps!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]It would appear that this is not the best medium for conveying sarcasm ...
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Some of us recognize sarcasm and had a laugh - actually two laughs - one after your post and one after everyone jumped on you!!! HaHa

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : Some of us recognize sarcasm and had a laugh - actually two laughs - one after your post and one after everyone jumped on you!!! HaHa
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea[/QUOTE]

And a third one when you confused "whoa" and "woe" (and a fourth when you misspelled it).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

[QUOTE]What about Chung and Butler and Vollmer and Tate and McKenzie?  I've hardly seen any of them on the field.  Another draft full of busts, woah are we!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

<sarcasm /> Yeah Man!  The Pats should have 6 rooks starting EVERY year! That's the path to success! That's the MARK of success! </sarcasm>

It's a tough lineup to crack into.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : And a third one when you confused "whoa" and "woe" (and a fourth when you misspelled it).
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

One of these days, Mike, someone is going to come up with a really witty retort to one of your posts.  One of these days ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE] Brace is a mystery.  He's not on the field.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

This is not really a mystery... 

Brace has one position; nose tackle. 

He is a run stuffer and our first and second string have shut down the run early in games. Pryor is more mobile and with Seymour gone we have need at that position, therefore he sees the field more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

this draft class better make it or else it would be another year (since 2006 draft) of lousy piks...4 years! chung scares me but vollmer, edelman, pryor and butler seem to have great potential. i really like that 5'20" guy we have to spell wilfork and likely replace him next year. he will playg a lot this week and going forward. brace wont see the field much or even b active. next year, big vince likely wont be here. all these other guys should b ready!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

bubbakilla

What was wrong with last years draft? Mayo, Whilhite, Wheatly and Slater and then picked up Guyton and BJGE as a UDFA's. If Crable can emerge next year then it will be a very productive draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Just thought I chime in on your post....I think last years draft was good and the guys have progressed.  I think Crable has the pedegree (stats were solid at Michigan in line with Woodley and Harris) to become a solid contributor when and if he gets healthy.  The 06 and 07 drafts weren't good.  I realize 07 was better in that some of our picks were exchanged for Moss and Welker. 

Some one brought up Nunn earlier....I think they they are high on this guy.  Problem is roster space.  Can't afford to keep him there as he wouldn't get in a game.  Aiken barely plays.  Also that kid from NC .... Tate is a solid.  They are in good shape at receiver.  My earlier inquiry regarding Brace.....was simply to understand his progression.....it's real early.....but I'm hearing he's a run stuffer now.....can it be presumed that he is a Ty Warren type player.  Warren seldom pressures the QB, but is an outstanding run defender.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Don't forget this years draft replaced Paxton, Izzo and Seymore as well. Look what we have for draft picks in the next 2 years 2 first rounders and 3 second rounders.  Oaklands pick could be a top 5 pick. Thats taking a great player like Seymore and playing him for a bunch years and trading him for an even higher pick. Belichick can pick who even he wants far as I care.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Apparently, BB thinks enough of Myron Pryor and Ron Brace that he felt secure enough to trade Richard Seymour.