Ron Brace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: Ron Brace

In Response to Re: Ron Brace:
    [QUOTE]Jeez...and I started this to get insight on Brace....oh boooy!
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

Want insight on Brace? He was a reach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : Depends on the player. At the very least, they should get in as many as possible at garbage time if it doesn't hurt tiebreaker for playoffs, for example Brandon Merriweather in 2007 could have gotten some serious playing time and got virtually none regardless of the a s s kicking the Pats were handing out virtually every game.
    Posted by Achainsaw[/QUOTE]

That is because BB and Brady shamelessly ran up scores to get records and stats, and in the process pissed off every other team and alienated fans around the country. Now you get it. That Redskins game in 2007 was a disgrace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace : Snaps!
    Posted by Stay-Pro[/QUOTE]

Gholston is actually okay now. Way better than Brace.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Butler was playing in some of the dime packages before he got dinged up a little.
    Posted by rf24fox[/QUOTE]

Get used to it with Butler. He is soft.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]What is wrong with u people......Pats lose to the Jets and u bandwagoners declare the season over......3 games into the season and u are judging a draft class that realistically cant be judged until their 3rd season.....Sometimes i wish the 16 and 0 reg season never had happened because the idiot quotient has gone up considerably since then....16 games games people...show some patience and try to enjoy the ride......BTW are there any teams who are relying heavily on players drafted this  year...please enlighten me
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

Is there some guy named Sanchez qb-ing a 3-0 team somewhere?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

brace played two plays in the first game. they were both runs and he got completely turned around and pushed back by the guard on both plays, and then he got yanked. when pryor got on the field, he played pretty well. so thats that. this doesnt mean brace is a bust by any means, just that pryor is playing better. brace may need a full season to develop, as warren did. and dont forget, it took wilfork some time to develop too. i think this is more a reflection of pryor being such a good surprise.
    i think the same can be said of chung. mcgowan has been surprisingly good, whch is keeping chung on the sidelines.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

[QUOTE]this draft class better make it or else it would be another year (since 2006 draft) of lousy piks...4 years! chung scares me but vollmer, edelman, pryor and butler seem to have great potential. i really like that 5'20" guy we have to spell wilfork and likely replace him next year. he will playg a lot this week and going forward. brace wont see the field much or even b active. next year, big vince likely wont be here. all these other guys should b ready!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

what scares you about chung? 
    and maybe you should take a look at this article and the posts below for some info on the 5'20 guy that you think is replacing wilfork http://bleacherreport.com/articles/235810-the-oakland-raiders-may-finally-be-getting-rid-of-terdell-sands

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]brace played two plays in the first game. they were both runs and he got completely turned around and pushed back by the guard on both plays, and then he got yanked. when pryor got on the field, he played pretty well. so thats that. this doesnt mean brace is a bust by any means, just that pryor is playing better. brace may need a full season to develop, as warren did. and dont forget, it took wilfork some time to develop too. i think this is more a reflection of pryor being such a good surprise. i think the same can be said of chung. mcgowan has been surprisingly good, whch is keeping chung on the sidelines.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

I think you have answered my inquiry.....I think if that did happen to Brace it's probably because of where he is on the learning curve on technique.  I'm sure at BC with Raji, they got by on strength alone.  With Pryor that much further along, (tutelage under Brooks at Kentucky) he was able to better contribute initially.  All things being equal, someone also said, that they weren't comfortable, they probably wouldn't have agreed to dump Seymour. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

leatherhelmet  " BTW are there any teams who are relying heavily on players drafted this  year...please enlighten me"

Ok, have you heard of Mark Sanchez?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

I tell you one thing, whether all the rookies/early picks work out or not -- time will tell.

But it sure makes you appreciate somebody like Jerod Mayo.