Ronnie Brown Next Year....Its Very Possible

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Ronnie Brown Next Year....Its Very Possible

He is a versatile player and hard worker who is always injured. 

That has Pats written all over it. 

He could totally take up the spot on IR that will be vacated when Fred Taylor retires too!

So he fits from a roster perspective as well!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Law Firm is going to be a huge part of our future at RB. We'll draft someone in the middle rounds but definitely not Ingram up in the first round. We'll have a change of pace back drafted with Benny being the power  back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Ronnie Brown Next Year....Its Very Possible:
    [QUOTE]He is a versatile player and hard worker who is always injured.  That has Pats written all over it.  He could totally take up the spot on IR that will be vacated when Fred Taylor retires too! So he fits from a roster perspective as well!
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

LOL! Too funny, ZB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Law Firm is going to be a huge part of our future at RB. We'll draft someone in the middle rounds but definitely not Ingram up in the first round. We'll have a change of pace back drafted with Benny being the power  back.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

A huge part?  I'm not so sure about. I hope he does enough to earn that role, but I feel we should try and get someone from this upcoming draft. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ronnie Brown Next Year....Its Very Possible : A huge part?  I'm not so sure about. I hope he does enough to earn that role, but I feel we should try and get someone from this upcoming draft. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying we won't draft anyone. We will and it'll be in the 2nd/3rd/4th round but I don't think Benny is anyone to throw away. He fits the Patriot mold. He works hard, he knows the system, and the one flaw he had till now (blitz pickup) is seemingly improving (otherwise, he wouldn't be out there I don't think). I think we'll have another 3-headed monster but just much more varying paces and much young: Woody, Benny, and someone we draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I went to the Bengals Fins game this weekend past. What the Fins did was run Ronnie Brown for the first half. That guy pounded and pounded. Then they brought in the second half but by then the D was tired of chasing Brown around. Brown looked pretty good to me. In relation to this thread, I'd rather have a young back from high in the draft to tag team with Faulk/Woodhead    Morris/Green-Ellis    *pick 2*

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I went to the Bengals Fins game this weekend past. What the Fins did was run Ronnie Brown for the first half. That guy pounded and pounded. Then they brought in the second half but by then the D was tired of chasing Brown around. Brown looked pretty good to me. In relation to this thread, I'd rather have a young back from high in the draft to tag team with Faulk/Woodhead    Morris/Green-Ellis    *pick 2*
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

I think Faulk will here for spot duty/leadership if anything. I think Sammy Morris will be kept if the price is right as a special teams contributer that could also play on offense if needed.

I think Benny and Woody are it going forward + whoever we draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Do not want. He has lost alot of his explosiveness due to injuries and if he were brought here it would spell the end for one back in either Danny or Benji as the Pats are likely to draft a back and at this point you cant get rid of either as both are doing incredibly well in this system. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Sammy Morris is a goner at the end of this season. He has barely even been in the game this year and when he has he was a ghost.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

He sprung Tate for his kickoff return in Miami.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

BB will draft three young RBs in the 2nd through 4th rounds, no more injury prone veterans

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I wouldnt take 3 running backs with those picks. Maybe 2. Now if you said 3 OLB's or linemen maybe so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah, no way we draft 3 rb's. I know our defense is surprising a lot of people but we still need a little more firepower there. If your line blocks well, you can make almost anyone look great back there. We're more in the hunt for that back that can make something happen even your line doesn't block (see Chris Johnson play against San Diego last week)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]BB will draft three young RBs in the 2nd through 4th rounds, no more injury prone veterans
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Ewwwwwww. I sincerely hope not. BB's brain has gone sour if he drafts three RB's. It would be a complete waste considering the life of an NFL RB.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Gee, I like BJGE..  Runs hard, straight ahead, gains positive yardage most of the time.  Fits the offense the PATS are running to a T, and has a pretty good average per carry, close to 6.6 yards per carry last week.  Hello, what is it that you want? 

So what that the guy wasn't a high draft choice and didn't come from a football factory school.  He's a story and he's perfect for the offense currently on the table.  Do we really need to draft a running back?  I don't think so.  There are other needs to fill.

As for Ronnie Brown, uh...  NOPE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Gee, I like BJGE..  Runs hard, straight ahead, gains positive yardage most of the time.  Fits the offense the PATS are running to a T, and has a pretty good average per carry, close to 6.6 yards per carry last week.  Hello, what is it that you want?  So what that the guy wasn't a high draft choice and didn't come from a football factory school.  He's a story and he's perfect for the offense currently on the table.  Do we really need to draft a running back?  I don't think so.  There are other needs to fill. As for Ronnie Brown, uh...  NOPE.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly but I would like a back where even if your line misses blocks or is overpowerd, he can turn something out of nothing. I wouldn't draft him ultra high, especially since we're not looking at any #1 talent anyway (I don't quite think Ingram fits that bill but I know I'll be criticized for that).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Des, that font is killer on the eyes.  You post well, but i have to pass most or feel blind due to the font.  Not trying to be a pain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Certainly is possible - especially since BB loves addition by subtraction when it comes to taking away good players from division rivale - a la Welker.

I get the feeling though that BB is going to draft a RB this year.  While I think RB is excellent, I think I would rather see a stud RB out of college join us...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Law Firm for me too!  We will pick up someone in 4th or 5th round for RB and add a free agent.  BJGE and Woody are fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'd love to see the Pats pick up Pierre Thomas in the off season...he's 25 & basically had this year off...the guy would be PERFECT for our offense as he's awesome out of the backfield at catching the ball & is a powerful runner...then pick up a RB in the 3rd round for added depth & development....that would give us BJGE, Woodhead, Thomas, & depth with our draft pick...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I also like Law Firm, like others here.  That said, if RB Clay of Wisconsin is available in 3rd round, I say draft him.  He is a big, powerful back who can convert those third and short and goal line situations.  He can block as well.

Any thoughts on Clay or other college RB's for rounds 3-5?

25. This post has been removed.