Rookies, now or never?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

Rookies, now or never?

Who will make the biggest impact this year? Chung?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Re: Rookies, now or never?

In Response to Rookies, now or never?:
    [QUOTE]Who will make the biggest impact this year? Chung?
    Posted by NEforever[/QUOTE]
    I would say Vollmer.He's the only back-up for both Kazur at RT and Light at LT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Hopefully, not Chung..he played last game like a Christmas tree...all lite up...he needs more time....right now, it might be Hoyer, simply because he's there....not used hopefully, but there...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

I would like to think Chung as he was the first of the picks, and the defensive backfield needs him to be. But so far - haven't seen it.

Ron Brace.
    Although the DL is already the best in the league and features (3) #1 picks....
    .... I think it's BRACE as much as the thin LB corps that will lead to more 4-3 and less 3-4. 

That's right the rise of more 4-3 is as much permitted by the presense of the DL depth, and the drafting of Brace; and is as much by design --  as is it "forced" by the Vrabel trade and Bruschi retirement and Crable IR etc.

I'm sick of hearing the Pats are "forced" to using more 4-3...  if that is indeed the way it goes.  They're using the best personnel packages.  Wright or Pryor could be gone and Vrabel still here...  if the 3-4 was that important. 

Ron Brace

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Tough call between Butler, Brace and Sea Bass.  I think Butler will progress in bunches this year and fight for the #2 CB spot.  I think Brace will be used from week 1 as both NT and DE etc down the line.  And as was said previously, Sea Bass is the back up OT so he will begin to spell people from week 1 on

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

#2 QB does more than just hold a clipboard...he runs opponent plays all week to prepare the D for game day...he mimics opposing QB's tendencies, etc...he might not play, but he will contibute a lot in practice...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Brace- Will should be in the DL rotation from day 1.

Vollmer- Starts the year as the swing tackle, could see some PT.

Butler- Could see some early time at CB.  Has shown alot of athleticism during the preseason.

Chung- Will make an impact on special teams, could slowly acclimate into the safety rotation.

Myron Pryor- Might also see some time in the DL rotation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

edelman

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

(clarifying) Brace - you may not hear HIS name a lot but you'll hear the names of guys around him and DB's more...  because his presence willbe felt.

I'll be listening for veteran McGowan's name too... to see if he's a 1-play wonder in this system.

Wheatley...  "2nd Year Rookie".  Let's see what he's got too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

I wouldnt expect much from Mcgowan other than special teams.

Brace will be a solid run stopper although I would expect that Myron Pryor would have a bigger impact this year bc of his pass rush ability where Brace is still behind wright and wilfork

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

This is McGowan's 5th year in the league.