Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?

There is no bleeping way any Pats fan can root for The Steelers Sunday. Why? Do you want to face them(Who handled us pretty well) or the Broncos and you know who? Of course we want the Broncos here. Not just because the Steelers are the better team but because their fans to me are worse then the Jets and Dolphins fans. All they talk about is the 70's teams and all the Super Bowls they won. I live outside Philly and in the sports bar I go to they don't talk to anybody but Steeler fans. We always clap when they leave. I'm not rooting for you know who, I'm rooting for the Broncos. We would handle them as we did for 3 quarters out there so I don't see us having a problem the second time. So is anybody rooting for the Steelers? Plus facing the Steelers would remind me of facing the Jets last year instead of the Colts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?

LOL, you act like the Patriots can't beat Pissburgh.

yeah we all want the easy road, but does it really prepare them for stiffer competition?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]LOL, you act like the Patriots can't beat Pissburgh. yeah we all want the easy road, but does it really prepare them for stiffer competition?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    Yes no doubt it does prepare you. However let's be logical and honest. Most fans generally want a weaker seed. Example: We all say in 86 we wanted the Lakers to play the Celtics but when the Rockets upset the Lakers, you know we had won title 16.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I want the Steelers.

I am 100% confident the Pats can beat them, but if they can't, they have no business going to the AFCCG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'd rather beat Pitt than Denver, and I think the Pats will beat the Steelers, but Denver is easier pickins percentage wise. My CHOICE would be beating Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and New York for the championship, but that's a slippery slope.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I never root for the Steelers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]I never root for the Steelers.
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

The truth.

Let the cards fall where they may.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Agree with Kansas pats fan. Bring it. Ridley and Gronk are on fire. Ochocinco is finally getting it and Brady is legend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Can't root for Tebow.  Most over-rated player in the NFL...maybe in the history of the league.  I hate Pitt too, but bring 'em on.  It's real tough to beat any team twice in a single season, let alone a BB led squad with revenge on the mind and a HOF QB leading the charge.  If we can't take out a hobbled Pitt squad, we don't deserve a ring anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I wan't the Steelers. I do not wan't to see any more Tebow mania on these boards. Communist Contrarian would become even insufferable than he usually is. Unless you can guarantee me the Falcons in the super bowl I wan't the Patriots to have to beat the best. In 2001, 2003 and 2004 the Pats had very tough roads to the superbowl and won it. In 2007 the Pats got the Jaguars and a damaged good Chargers team in the playoffs and played a horrible super bowl. Beat the Steelers and then the Ravens and the entire NFL will be reminded of the three Super Bowl rings. Last year's Jets loss cost the Pats a lot of credibility with the NFL public. A victory over the Broncos will bring none of that back. If the Pats can't beat a wounded Steelers team than how are the Pats going to beat the Ravens. The Ravens probably will have no fear of the Pats if the Pats beat Denver. A win over the Steelers and Flacco might start feeling some pressure. I'm not saying the Pats will beat the Steelers but thinking the Pats will beat the Packers after facing Denver and Houston seems a little far fetched. In fact I would probably expect the Packers to blow out the Pats in that scenario. So unless you can guarentee me the Falcons I wan't the Pats to beat either the Steelers or the Ravens (preferably both) on the route to the super bowl. Besides, a loss to the Broncos would make these boards a living nightmare and make the Pats a complete laughing stock.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

grew up a steelers fan when there was no team in Indy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I think most of the country would like to see the Broncos win...   just so "Tebow mania" can continue!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]grew up a steelers fan when there was no team in Indy.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    You didn't like Kenny Anderson & the Bengals?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]There is no bleeping way any Pats fan can root for The Steelers Sunday. Why? Do you want to face them(Who handled us pretty well) or the Broncos and you know who? Of course we want the Broncos here. Not just because the Steelers are the better team but because their fans to me are worse then the Jets and Dolphins fans. All they talk about is the 70's teams and all the Super Bowls they won. I live outside Philly and in the sports bar I go to they don't talk to anybody but Steeler fans. We always clap when they leave. I'm not rooting for you know who, I'm rooting for the Broncos. We would handle them as we did for 3 quarters out there so I don't see us having a problem the second time. So is anybody rooting for the Steelers? Plus facing the Steelers would remind me of facing the Jets last year instead of the Colts.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna watch the game and not care who wins.  The Ben I have seen last few games does not look too scary to me.  So, whatever.  We need to win against either, and they seem about the same to me with Roethlisberger hurt.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I hate the Steelers.  I hate the goofy towels.  I hate Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, and Art Rooney.  I hate the immaculate reception.  I hate "one for the thumb."  I hate Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Rothlisberger.  I hate when they chant "Heeeeeeaaath" when their goofy tight end catches a pass for 4 yards.  I hate their criminal defensive players.  I hate Polamalu's hair and his effeminate commericals for head and shoulders.  I hate their ugly throw-back uniforms and I hate both Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin.

So this week, just like every week, I hope the steelers lose in a horrific fashion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They have no reason to lose to either team. Let's face it. There will be no excuse for losing to Tebow led Broncos or a hurt up Ben and no Mendenhall. That being said I would never root for the Steelers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm absolutely NOT wanting the Pats to get an easy trip to the SB.  Perhaps if they were dominant on both sides of the ball all season I would want that.  They had a fairly easy schedule over the latter part of the season.  These guys need to be tested.  As NY-PATS-FAN4 said, if they can't beat the Steelers, they have no business being in the SB.  

Some questions:

1. What hurts worse, a playoff loss on the way to the SB, or a SB loss?  Playoff losses sting, but SB losses rip your heart out.  We've seen 3 of them.  I don't want to see them get lucky, get to the SB, and lose to the Saints or Packers.  If they make it to the SB, I want it to be because they got tested.

2. What would allow you to sleep better at night, knowing the Pats beat the Steelers and the Ravens enroute to the SB, or having them beat the Broncos and Bengals?  I know that can't happen, but it demonstrates my point. 

3. The Saints or Packers are going to be tough for the AFC rep to beat.  If any of us are worried that the Steelers will manhandle us, what does that say about how much confidence we will have if we face either of those two teams in the SB?  If the Steelers worry you, you better take some good meds when we face the Saints or Packers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I expect a close game, although I suspect that the Steelers will escape Denver.  The Broncos have a real chance at winning.  I expect a low scoring affair with the Pitts defense figuring Tebow out really well, with Tebow liking the playoff pressure, with Big Ben trying the Statue of Liberty play because that's a statue's favorite play, with Redman putting the ball on the turf at least once and with the newest tailback looking lost.

The winner will get slaughtered next week. 

The Broncos have that underdog thing going again, and the moral thing too.  Many people don't like Ben Roofies at all.  Tebow is a bit too over the top if you're not evangelical yourself, but that's just the guy and the way he was raised.  Tebow hasn't drugged any women so he sure wins that contest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]I never root for the Steelers.
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

Either do I.  I want Tebow and the Broncos to win tomorrow, not because the Steelers scare me, I just don't like them.

The Steelers are dinged up, have to play tomorrow and could have more injuries. 

The only thing that worries me is how bad the Patriots looked after their bye week this season in losing two straight.  It's one and done now so they need to come out prepared and on fire regardless of who they will be playing next week!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should go back to them....there appears to be no team in indy now...and for quite some time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

There is STILL no team in Indy.  We saw that this year.  "Peyton and friends" is off the air.

I also dispute the implication that you grew up.  All evidence indicated otherwise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I want the Steelers then the Ravens. none of our roads the the superbowls were easy. The ones we won anyway. We had the last 4 games of the season were easy teams. Fortunately they played us like a play off team. We need to be tested now.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

GO STEELERS!!!! I also want to see the Giants win today. I'm hoping for a PATS/GIANTS Superbowl. That will give us the chance to beat all three of the teams we lost to this year AND pay those blitches back for '07!!!