Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?

Root for whomever you want, but there is no way that Denver wins this game imo. In fact, I doubt they will score more than 3 pts, unless their defense scores (or their special teams recover a fumble on a kickoff). Pittsburgh probably won't score much either, but Denver is woeful on offense, and Pitt's D will stifle them. 

I'll look forward to the Pats beating the Steelers next Saturday!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]There is no bleeping way any Pats fan can root for The Steelers Sunday. Why? Do you want to face them(Who handled us pretty well) or the Broncos and you know who? Of course we want the Broncos here. Not just because the Steelers are the better team but because their fans to me are worse then the Jets and Dolphins fans. All they talk about is the 70's teams and all the Super Bowls they won. I live outside Philly and in the sports bar I go to they don't talk to anybody but Steeler fans. We always clap when they leave. I'm not rooting for you know who, I'm rooting for the Broncos. We would handle them as we did for 3 quarters out there so I don't see us having a problem the second time. So is anybody rooting for the Steelers? Plus facing the Steelers would remind me of facing the Jets last year instead of the Colts.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

GO STEELERS!!!! I also want to see the Giants win today. I'm hoping for a PATS/GIANTS Superbowl. That will give us the chance to beat all three of the teams we lost to this year AND pay those blitches back for '07!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from odDboB. Show odDboB's posts

I have had a lot of respect for Pittsburgh for decades until this year. And I saw PoloMAULu almost break Wes's neck. Harrison's a real gent too. They might now have earned the distinguished infamy of taking over as the dirtiest team in the game---about the same as the Raiders in the 70's and 80's...
    If Denver manages to upset them, then I wouldn't take the Broncos lightly. Strange things happen in the playoffs, and we won't be as sharp with the off week. 

Maybe I'm greedy, but I'd really like to see the Pats settle the score after what happened in the Pitt.........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

If the Refs( and the League) have it their way, we will see Tebow in Foxboro next week! I still cant see them beating the Steelers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]I hate the Steelers.  I hate the goofy towels.  I hate Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, and Art Rooney.  I hate the immaculate reception.  I hate "one for the thumb."  I hate Rashard Mendenhall and Ben Rothlisberger.  I hate when they chant "Heeeeeeaaath" when their goofy tight end catches a pass for 4 yards.  I hate their criminal defensive players.  I hate Polamalu's hair and his effeminate commericals for head and shoulders.  I hate their ugly throw-back uniforms and I hate both Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin. So this week, just like every week, I hope the steelers lose in a horrific fashion.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Gee Ghost - that's alot of hate for a team.  That said, I feel ya - only I hate the Yankees that way - LOL :).  GO PATS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I refuse to root for either one of those teams. I think KansasPatriot said it best - let the chips fall where they may. I was rooting for other outcomes in the regular season to get home field advantage, but now, I want the Pats to beat the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I also dispute the implication that you grew up.  All evidence indicated otherwise" 

LMFAO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers? : There is STILL no team in Indy.  We saw that this year.  "Peyton and friends" is off the air. I also dispute the implication that you grew up.  All evidence indicated otherwise.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Best line of the day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In response to "Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers?": [QUOTE]I never root for the Steelers. Posted by darwk[/QUOTE] I rooted for them against the Jets in the AFC Championship game last year, the game before the Jets won their second straight Super Bowl. I will root for the Broncos until it gets obvious the game is out of hand, then I'll give up and turn the TV off. I think there is a good chance we go scoreless into the 4th quarter, though, and thats Tebow time. And then all the clowns that said we never beat a team over .500 can say it again after the 9-9 Broncos leave the Razor all cut up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Root for the Broncos everyone. Is anybody really rooting for the Steelers? : Most overated?  More like the most over-scrutinized. I will root for the decent hard working QB to beat the drunken rapist QB.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Tebow is clearly a better person than Rapelisburger, no question.  I won't argue his work ethic or his passion for the game either.  He is a genuine, hard-working player with deep religious beliefs.  I respect all of these things.  My biggest problem with him, he is a horrible QB who has been hailed by some as the "next John Elway."  He completed 46.5% of his passes this year!  Take a moment to wrap your mind around how terrible that is.  I know he can run the ball, but if you want to be a successful NFL QB you must be able to throw, period.  I find it extremely annoying that the media can't shut up about him when he is the worst passing QB we've seen in this league in a very long time, if ever; during a year when you have guys like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Staford, etc breaking records all over the place and recieving virtually no attention in comparison. That's why I'm rooting for Pitt to win this weekend and crush Tebow-mania, in what I hope is a very physical game that brings them limping into NE next weekend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Let Steelers come. Let us beat them and knock them out. Sweet! but I really just care about advancing to and wining the championship round.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

That worked out perfectly.  The Steelers lost in excruciating fashion.

Put those towels away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I hate the Steelers about as much as the J E T S!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm in a grocery store here in Lancaster County, PA.  Guy in a Steelers jersey pushing a cart with one of those kid cars in the front with a little kid ALSO in a Steelers jersey.  Says LOUDLY so everyone around can hear "So, little guy, you ready for THE TEAM to win today?"  He does this assuming we are all Eagles fans.  Last week at a bar some drunk Steelers fans (the kind that talk about them and wear the stuff only when they are doing good) loudly asking everyone what team they like.  I'm laughing inside right now thinking of all those people.  It's good fun.  But I do feel a bit bad for SteelCurtain75.  I think he sort of saw it coming though.