Root for the Denver Bronco's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Root for the Denver Bronco's

I'm getting the feeling that people want to see the Bronco's lose in the divisional round.

Come on people! This is Manning vs Brady! If you truly believe the Bronco's are a joke of a team that demolished an easy schedule, then you shouldn't worry about the Bronco's beating us.

Honest to god, with my biased opinion, this potential AFC championship will be the biggest game in the NFL since the Pats made an attempt at 19-0. There's a Super Bowl every year, there's only been Brady vs Manning in a championship game twice, 1-1.

Two best Qbs of their generation and two of the best of all time. Both still playing at a high level but both near the end of their careers.

Seriously, going to use a hyperbole, but this has a game of the century type of feel to it.

More compelling than Marino vs Montana in the Super Bowl because Marino wasn't as established in the league just yet (yeah i know he threw 49 TDs but it was still only his second season)

Favre-Elway is arguable, and it gets points because it was the Super Bowl, but Elway was on his second to last leg and I don't feel Favre-Elway have the same type of Rivalry as Brady-Manning.

I would gladly give up home at the AFC Championship if it means we get to see Manning-Brady as opposed to the Ravens coming back to town. I will hate the Texans and Ravens forever if they win this weekend. Chargers already stole away this matchup in 2007.

Suck up your pride and root for Manning. These living legends need to go at it at least once more in the playoffs. We need a rubber match!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Root for the Denver Bronco's

I don't much care who they play, if they play their best and win. But I'm never going to root for Manning.

Nice post, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good point.  Honestly, I'm not sure NE wouldn't have a better chance at winning at Denver that facing the Dirty Ravens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dapats...  I may not "root" for the Broncos, but, playing against Manning and the Broncos can have a measure of payback from the 2006 AFCCG in which Manning beat Brady with some questionable..  well, you know!  All in all...  you are correct..  a Broncos V Pats AFCCG will be all the talk of the air waves next week!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Manning really isn't good enough to be playing against Brady in  the conference championship.  The Baltimore defense, on the other hand, is a worthy opponent for Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

dapats...  I may not "root" for the Broncos, but, playing against Manning and the Broncos can have a measure of payback from the 2006 AFCCG in which Manning beat Brady with some questionable..  well, you know!  All in all...  you are correct..  a Broncos V Pats AFCCG will be all the talk of the air waves next week!

[/QUOTE]

Despite the outcome, that 2006 AFCCG was arguably one of the best games I've ever watched. Literally had nightmares about the Asante pick 6 because I felt like that was the turning point. The 7 points were nice, but the defense needing to stay on the field longer obviously had its toll in the second half. I just remember seeing Eric Alexander at LB and thinking, "Oh shi#, we're in trouble"

But yes, even though it's not the Colts and Dungy, revenge on Manning would still be nice. It would be a game that we remember for a while...Unlike a divisional matchup against Byron Leftwich and the Jaguars

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Wouldn't it be a home game if they play the Crows?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to xBruzer77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, thats why im rooting for the ravens....the pats may matchup better against the broncos, but id rather them play at home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ray rice looked hurt to me.  The ravens may not make it on their own. Rice had 15 for 68 and pierce had 13 for 103.  I can't see them resting rice but he didn't look right to me. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and as I said, I would rather sit at home and watch the Pats play at Den than have Joe Flacco and that ailing Ravens team at home. Yeah, it would mean an easier road to the Super Bowl, but I appreciate the Brady-Manning rivalry enough to know it's coming to an end and another playoff matchup would be epic.

Last two Super Bowl champs won their Title game on the road. Doesn't matter where you play, better team that day will win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and as I said, I would rather sit at home and watch the Pats play at Den than have Joe Flacco and that ailing Ravens team at home. Yeah, it would mean an easier road to the Super Bowl, but I appreciate the Brady-Manning rivalry enough to know it's coming to an end and another playoff matchup would be epic.

Last two Super Bowl champs won their Title game on the road. Doesn't matter where you play, better team that day will win.

[/QUOTE]

i root for every team that plays against gomer so i guess im a bit biased on this, but theres no way im rooting for the broncos, it just isnt happening. it would be like rooting for the yankees, it will never happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am a Pat fan but a 49er fan too and I see the quandary. Balts win and  home field for AFL title instead of 5000 ft up in Denver.

We have a quandary too. Do we want home field to play the Seahawks which no one wants. They won last 3 reg season games by 50 pt average & thrashed the 49ers. Or do we want to play Atlanta on their home court.

Personally, I want Seattle in SF. Want a Pat-49er superbowl as NY ruined it last year & Pats didn't get revenge for loss to Giants 2 years ago and lost again. Happy NY out at 9-7 which is what they got in with last year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

I like your concept but to me, home field is home field, I'll take that any day thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am a Pat fan but a 49er fan too and I see the quandary. Balts win and  home field for AFL title instead of 5000 ft up in Denver.

We have a quandary too. Do we want home field to play the Seahawks which no one wants. They won last 3 reg season games by 50 pt average & thrashed the 49ers. Or do we want to play Atlanta on their home court.

Personally, I want Seattle in SF. Want a Pat-49er superbowl as NY ruined it last year & Pats didn't get revenge for loss to Giants 2 years ago and lost again. Happy NY out at 9-7 which is what they got in with last year.

[/QUOTE]

Where are ya at SF? I am sitting at my desk in Martinez right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

If that is your thinking you should root for the Packer so we get Rogers in the SB too.  Not me gove me Flacco and Wilson and a SB win and I'll be happy.  I now hate Rogers almost as much as horseface.  Manning and Brady have 3 or 4 years left each.  Let TB keep adding playoff wins and Seyton Manning and Double Douche keep piling up PO losses.  Let there be no doubt who the best eva was!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If that is your thinking you should root for the Packer so we get Rogers in the SB too.  Not me gove me Flacco and Wilson and a SB win and I'll be happy.  I now hate Rogers almost as much as horseface.  Manning and Brady have 3 or 4 years left each.  Let TB keep adding playoff wins and Seyton Manning and Double Douche keep piling up PO losses.  Let there be no doubt who the best eva was!

[/QUOTE]

LMAO +1!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO +1!!

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  LOL Double Douche

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If it came down to Peyton vs. Satan, Hitler and child abuser...I might still pick team Satan. 

I'll never cheer for Peyton, plus, it's more hilarious to see Peyton go one and done...again. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i root for every team that plays against gomer so i guess im a bit biased on this, but theres no way im rooting for the broncos, it just isnt happening. it would be like rooting for the yankees, it will never happen.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's fair and I can respect that.

I don't really view the rivalries at all the same. The Brady and Manning rivalry manifested itself because of they've easily been the two best QBs the last 10 years. It's simply a rivalry based on who is better than who in regards to two great players.

Yankees-Sox rivalry has been going on even when the Soxs were just plain bad. It's between two fanbases that pretty much hate everything about each other. If Manning or Brady just started plain sucking, this wouldn't be much of a rivalry. With the Yankees or Sox, even if one team is bad or both are bad, there's still a lot of hate between those fanbases for a lot more than just what happens on the field.

I hate the Jets because I think they're annoying and they exploded the whole spygate story. I dont hate the Jets because of the on-field competitiveness, because more times than not, it's not competitive. I dislike the fans and a lot of things about the Franchise.

With Manning, it's simply on the field. Manning hasn't done anything off the field to make me despise him.

I don't know if it's a different mentality or not. But when I compete in anything, if someone is considered the best of the best (or one of the best), I relish the opportunity to compete against them and hopefully triumph. When it comes to the annoying next door neighbor (The Jets), I root for nothing but endless suffering.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, that's fair and I can respect that.

I don't really view the rivalries at all the same. The Brady and Manning rivalry manifested itself because of they've easily been the two best QBs the last 10 years. It's simply a rivalry based on who is better than who in regards to two great players.

Yankees-Sox rivalry has been going on even when the Soxs were just plain bad. It's between two fanbases that pretty much hate everything about each other. If Manning or Brady just started plain sucking, this wouldn't be much of a rivalry. With the Yankees or Sox, even if one team is bad or both are bad, there's still a lot of hate between those fanbases for a lot more than just what happens on the field.

I hate the Jets because I think they're annoying and they exploded the whole spygate story. I dont hate the Jets because of the on-field competitiveness, because more times than not, it's not competitive. I dislike the fans and a lot of things about the Franchise.

With Manning, it's simply on the field. Manning hasn't done anything off the field to make me despise him.

I don't know if it's a different mentality or not. But when I compete in anything, if someone is considered the best of the best (or one of the best), I relish the opportunity to compete against them and hopefully triumph. When it comes to the annoying next door neighbor (The Jets), I root for nothing but endless suffering.

[/QUOTE]

i want the pats to win the super bowl, nobody will care how they got there if they get the ring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Beating Manning and Rodgers would leave no doubt who the best ever was! Seriously! I've heard people complain that Manning got a cheap Super Bowl victory because the opposing QB was Grossman!

Would I rather the Pats beat Flacco and Matt Ryan and win the Super Bowl than lose to Manning in the Championship game? No doubt.

But I have confidence that this team can beat any one of the remaining contenders. That's why 2004 was so special to me. We shut down the best offense and put up 42 on the best defense.

So ya. If you had a fortune teller and you told me the Pats would lose to Denver, then I would say bring on the Ravens! I still believe the Pats are better and would win that game, so I choose the more compelling matchup

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm getting the feeling that people want to see the Bronco's lose in the divisional round.

Come on people! This is Manning vs Brady! If you truly believe the Bronco's are a joke of a team that demolished an easy schedule, then you shouldn't worry about the Bronco's beating us.

Honest to god, with my biased opinion, this potential AFC championship will be the biggest game in the NFL since the Pats made an attempt at 19-0. There's a Super Bowl every year, there's only been Brady vs Manning in a championship game twice, 1-1.

Two best Qbs of their generation and two of the best of all time. Both still playing at a high level but both near the end of their careers.

Seriously, going to use a hyperbole, but this has a game of the century type of feel to it.

More compelling than Marino vs Montana in the Super Bowl because Marino wasn't as established in the league just yet (yeah i know he threw 49 TDs but it was still only his second season)

Favre-Elway is arguable, and it gets points because it was the Super Bowl, but Elway was on his second to last leg and I don't feel Favre-Elway have the same type of Rivalry as Brady-Manning.

I would gladly give up home at the AFC Championship if it means we get to see Manning-Brady as opposed to the Ravens coming back to town. I will hate the Texans and Ravens forever if they win this weekend. Chargers already stole away this matchup in 2007.

Suck up your pride and root for Manning. These living legends need to go at it at least once more in the playoffs. We need a rubber match!

[/QUOTE]

Plain and simple... assuming the Pat's win and denver loses they get to play at home against the Ravens. Why would we as fans and season tickets holders want to root for denver when the team played the entire year to win and get home field advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Well I briefly mentioned it. I think Manning-Brady is special enough where I would sacrifice the home field for potentially a last shot at that QB rivalry in the playoffs. Assuming the NFL doesn't close shut down or the world doesn't end real soon, we're likely to have more home AFC championship game than Brady-Manning Title games.

My opinion! If you prefer the Ravens, I'm not going to argue with you! There is no right or wrong answer, just a matter of preference.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

We all want to see a great game, but I'd rather see the playoff go through NE.  I get to see the shots of Boston on TV instead of the Rocky Mountains.   Plus the less traveling they do the better, there are too many negatives about going to Denver.  The thin air, our poor Playoff record there, it just isn't worth the chance of losing to wish for it.  If it happens I'm going to need an extra 12 pack to get through that game and I still might need a triple bypass even if they win.