Rumor Mill, Pats looking to trade up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Rumor Mill, Pats looking to trade up.

In Response to Re: Rumor Mill, Pats looking to trade up.:
    [QUOTE]Google it.  I'm not your research boy.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

No. But it's customary to back claims with factual support ..... otherwise you can just make anything up.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, that position is already taken by your pal, rusty pinkhat.  And I have posted the link many times in my regular beatdowns of rph and his insane disrespect of one of the great football guys, Bill "I'll save your franchise and leave in three years" Parcells.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Bill Parcells is a great football guy. I don't think I would rate him as one of elite coaches ever, or as one of the elite personell guys ever, but he was great at both at different times and sometimes at the same time, and is certainly worth very strong consideration for HOF, imo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

They do everything...I saw a real good mock draft at 60maxpowero.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

has this supposed rumor about the pats trading up been substantiated anywhere? i know these last few days are all rumors and smokescreens...but where did this come from multiple/reliable sources? because i have a very hard time believing BB trades up in a draft where there are little or no true "risk free" superstars. personally i would love to see a trade up to 10 for quinn...but is it worth a risk on a guy who has very little game tape and a brain tumor? doesnt seem like a BB type risk. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Ok that does make sense but people are going to fumble at the mouth sometimes and say something that might not be correct but you get what they mean. Quag was clearly just having a good memory about how we came to draft WIllie Mac he was not saying "All praise Bill Parcells" lol that was my only point. He was not the GM and dint make any draft choice on his own while he was the coach here but people are not going to follow up their statements with that disclaimer lol But again I see your point. As I consistently need to remind people that ESPN is a F*CKING JOKE.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Killa- thanks for having my back! You right I was just reminscing about that Fins /Pats game. I remember watching it with my dad (RIP) and we were torn! Pulling for the Pats of course, but wanting them to lose cause we had the draft picks all figured out hahahahah

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I think the Pats will be targeting OLB Quinn or DE Fairly.  That would be sick!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[QUOTE] Think about how sic their defense willl be if they get an elite DE, think about how much better that makes their secondary when they can rush the QB.  It would nice to have another elite CB to develop along side Mcourty, but thats a secondary need (no pun intended) after a good pass rusher I'd say we need to strengthen the OL. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

They had one in Seymour (and lost another one last year when Ty went down). . . but in the 3-4 defense you are not going to get your pass rush from the DE's . . . it's the job of OLB.  I'd try to trade up for Von Miller or go after Houston with the 28th pick (I know he got some bad press this week but so did, Herz,  our TE from Florida last year).  Bodden comes back on the corner so I would not jump early on a CB unless you get a great trade deal on Peterson.
    I agree I'd use a number of other picks to strengthen that OL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommythetulip. Show tommythetulip's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rumor Mill, Pats looking to trade up. : JJ watt scares me.  Now I am guessing, but sounds like a steriod guy to me.  I know kids put on weight in college but I have a feeling its the roids.  Was loving him, but now I'm on the cam jordan bandwagon.  lets get a DE and OL trade a pick and grap a LB
    Posted by hagen910[/QUOTE]

As a fellow Wisconsin alum, I'm probably a little biased, but I'd be shocked to hear that JJ uses PED's.  He's about as squeaky clean as anyone in the draft.  He's a tireless worker, with a non-stop motor.  Wisconsin has a really good strength and conditioning program, which JJ has taken full advantage of.  Last year, he started a nonprofit organization to create after-school sports programs for area schools that lack the funding to do so.  Now, although this doesn't deem PED use as impossible, it speaks volumes to his character.  Quite frankly, if you're suspicious of him, then no player in the draft should escape scrutiny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Im glad you spoke up cause as an alum you might have just a little more insight into that program. I think JJ Watts is a 100% cant miss prospect. No red flags. If it were up to me that is who the Pats would draft. The only two other guys I would take in round 1 are Quinn if they moved up and he was available where they could get him or Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue if he was still on the board at 17. But JJ Watts IMO is a cant miss prospect.

2 red flags on Watt
    1. His agent is Tom Condom who BB never wears
    2. I don't think JJ Watt is a pure 3-4, 5 tech, can't miss DE. He has 2 years of production as DE, and that is in a 4-3. He has prototypical size (less being light by about 10 lbs or so). A can't miss 3-4 DE is Richard Seymour type. 4 years of solid production, prototypical size, etc. I don't see any like him in this years draft. If you want a 3-4 DE, I think I would rather go Heyward near 28 than Watt at 17 or higher. My own personal opinion however.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]They do everything...I saw a real good mock draft at 60maxpowero.com
    Posted by dna53[/QUOTE]

Is that your website?  You post about it an awful lot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]As far as I know JJ Watts played in a 3-4 as it has been said many times that only him and Cam Jorden have experience playing in a 3-4. And he is 6'5" how is that not the prototype size for a 3-4 DE? And his agent means nothing to me, its not a red flag what so ever.

Not true. Watt played DE in a 4-3 and also played some DT in the same 4-3.
    He has no experience playing 3-4 DE, and certainly not anything close to the responsibiliites he would have in our 3-4, taking on double teams, opening things up for the OLB's. He's more of a penetrator, not a consumer of large, fat men.

Yes, he has prototypical size less the 10-15lbs, because I think his combine weigh in was around 292 or so, and ideal is north of 300.

You may not care about his agent, but I'm sure BB does, or at least weighs this against and with everything else even if it's not the #1 factor. #1 factor is his playing style and experience..which he has only played defense 2 years in college. He was a converted TE. That speaks volumes as well, as BB tends to take 4 year, productive seniors.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

I only makes sense to trade up...10 draftees just won't make this team. They need impact players, and they have the arsenal of pick to do it.....2 12 pick seasons restocked the base, rebuilt TE corps, They NEED IMPACT players.
    60maxpowero.com