Rumors : Chargers Shipping Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Rumors : Chargers Shipping Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back

Hey to all from a pats fan in  israel ,

i think the pats should go for it trade Maroney + extra player  for him ,
    he has all the phyiscal tools and the ability .

that should be a great trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Rumors : Chargers Shipping Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back

yakv shalom (did I get it right?)
    Good find, I would jump on this trade right now.  They are not bringing back meriman so you might get some interest if you call and say Laura and AD for Cromartie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I don't think the Chargers would want Maroney .... just my thought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

I wouldnt trade Maroney. The problem with the running game has been a lack of attitude and the desire to impose our will on the defense. Logan Mankins and Seabass are a nice start in building a line that can pass protect AND run block. Stop bashing Maroney because he has never been the problem(with the exception of the goal line fumbles). If we rebuild our offensive line and commit to running it and actually opening a hole---then you will see why Maroney was taken in the first round and was coveted highly by Shannihan and Polian and a few other coaches. Everyone says "In Bill we trust"...well does that go for his decision to stay with Maroney too??? What about Faulk?? HE did NOTHING his first few years here except fumble when we least needed it.. now look at him..one of the best backs ever in N.E.--So lets not waste a draft pick in the first couple of rounds on a player who cant help us right away and instead focus on the real issues. Our cornerbacks are actually pretty good when they dont have to cover for 10 or more seconds. We need a pass rush! We need a RT guard and a right tackle and maybe even a center. How about another receiver in the later rounds. Lets get real and look at the real problems and address them first. Funny how everyone talks about how great Denver used to be running the ball and great their backs were....well YOU could run behind Denvers o=line when Shannihan was Coach because the line was nasty which is why they put any back in there and they looked great. To prove my point ...what has Portis or Bell done since leaving Denver??? After Shannihan left their line started to deteriorate and they no longer have a "great" running back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I'v just got one thing to say the RB's we have are old and the two that are not old Garvis-Green, and Maroney are only ok nothing great.  If the Patriots want to immediately improve the tallent level on offense you get CJ Spiller and Boldin and that uses up 3 of the first 4 picks (22 + 48 gets you to Denvers pick (11) where Spiller is taken and #53 gets you Boldin) #44 I think it is is used for best DE/OLB on the board at that point and there should be one or two worthy of a pick at that point. The rest of the draft is RT, RG, P, TE and Best avail defensive players with little intrest in safties. The draft looks like that and I will be pretty happy. There is one other move I would make and that is Peppers... after looking at his career again I think he is truly capable of playing that Mcginnest hybrid spot and playing it well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

dsshort3333... My issues with what you are saying is #1 is Bodden back? and #2 Springs is old if he returns and #3 I am not sold on the youngsters we have becoming shut down corners so we still need one. I am not sure they would take Maroney by himself maybe with AT??? they might like that deal but if it took anything else I would say No thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I disagree...Maroney needs to go..........the dancing and spinning and all that b.s................He fumbles to much to count on for anything................If he comes back ..they clearly don't want to win all that bad in my opinion........while we are at it............throw Watson in there too because he has been the biggest  turd of the group..........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

dshort - You are partially correct that the OL is not built for the running game which has hindered Maroney but to say he's not the problem is an understatement. First this offense is built around Brady and OL that are above average in both pass blocking and run blocking are extremely rare so the choice between the OL styles leans more towards protecting Brady. This is where Maroney does become an issue. He dances and waits between the line which results in negative losses. On a team built with run blocking in mind this is not an issue but he needs to realize with a pass block OL he needs to hit the line hard and get what he can. Sometimes the whole is tere sometimes it's not but witing for a whole will result in loss. Altough his long runs tend to give him a good overall average it is drastically clear his flicking at the line for a whole to open has become to many 3rd and long situations this year. Also his goal line fumbles are a HUGE problem. I counted 4 this year myself not sure of the full number but atleast 3 of those fumbles resulted in game changing 14 point swings and cost them directly atleast 2 games. If any player (including Brady) caused 14 point swings which directly cost 2-3 games with playoff ramifications then you have no choice but to ask if this player is a problem.

DaBlade - ask much as I would love Spiller and Boldin on the team the cost would be insane. First you would be paying out huge money into a offense who's only problem last year was running out the clock in the late quarters. This would hurt an already hurting D. The main problem last year was the lack of a pass rush and the inability to hold a lead late in the game. I feel that the passing game will be fine with the addition of a less costly player like Stallworth and a more aggresive rb (Again I would love Spiller but not at the cost of 2 potential rushing draft picks). However, we do need a pass rush bad and this years draft is stacked in the DE and OLB side of pass rushers. The draft picks would be better spent on D imo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Everybody in here is talking about money.  We are one of the well financed organizations in the league.  Although i am not able to go to the games in Foxboro, beacuse of my location, they are not cutting tickets prices per some people on this board.  We have the money.  It is up to the Krafts if they want to spend it or not.  I think that Mr Kraft & Co. needs to spend alot more money on these players.  Players are not just jumping at the opportunity to play with the Patriots anymore.  We have to lure these guys back to our organizationa and then worry about saving money.  I say spend spend SPend and SPEND.  Lets get the guys in here and once we have reached the point of SB status again we can then think about saving money.  I am not saying break the bank on any one player, but, you have to realize, as of late, we are just an average team.  And I was also told that to make money, you have to spend money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Its well known that he can't read as in he is illiterate. What do you tell this guy to study? Is he just a sand lot talent you point at a receiver to cover?

So to sum up this trade we give away a guy who can't read defense for a defensive guy who can't read.

I'm not sure why BB would want a guy like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Saw this article on ESPN - ran over to Boston.com to notify you guys - glad someone else saw it too AND was thinking just like me...

Trade Maroney + an extra player maybe Adilius Thomas for Cromartie. Hes a tall and talented corner which we desperately need.

With one of our draft picks in the second round draft a running back - Taylor and Morris and Faulk can give him guidance in his first year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkside. Show darkside's posts

Report also said that the Chargers might take a draft pick for AC. We are loaded this year and next: send a 2nd rounder this year or the Raiders 1st next year and call it a day BB. Seymour for Antonio Cromartie sounds pretty good to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

im not as down on maroney as most, but i would absolutely jump at the chance to do a maroney for cromartie deal if the chargers would.
    cromartie is a ball hawk, he just has a nack for finding the ball..  hes not the greatest cover corner in the world, but hes solid and would be a nice addition to this team, whether we keep bodden or not
    im all for this
    and imo, the main issue with our running game, is 2 fold...1-the offensive line was awful this year.. the whole right side needs to be revamped.... and 2- not enough commitment to the run game, though most of that probably had to do with my reason #1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jason4444444. Show Jason4444444's posts

I am not sure I understand why everyone wants to get rid of Maroney in the last year of his rookie contract. This is a very important year for any guy. I get as frustrated as everyone else with his dancing and side stepping but he barely gets a chance. There are too many games that he looks great in the first quarter and then disappears for the rest of the game. Too many times he gets benched for random reasons. (The missed block in the Ravens game , I think) As for the fumbles does anyone know how many fumbles he had before this year?.... ONE. My real question with this trade is why would you trade someone that is getting paid $800,000 in the last year of a deal?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkside. Show darkside's posts

In Response to Re: Rumors : Chargers Shipping Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back:
    I am not sure I understand why everyone wants to get rid of Maroney in the last year of his rookie contract. This is a very important year for any guy. I get as frustrated as everyone else with his dancing and side stepping but he barely gets a chance. There are too many games that he looks great in the first quarter and then disappears for the rest of the game. Too many times he gets benched for random reasons. (The missed block in the Ravens game , I think) As for the fumbles does anyone know how many fumbles he had before this year?.... ONE. My real question with this trade is why would you trade someone that is getting paid $800,000 in the last year of a deal?
    Posted by Jason4444444

Totally agree Jason, keep Malroney and send the Chargers a draft pick

The Chargers may be willing to trade Cromartie for a draft choice that could give them more flexibility to select at least one running back in this year's draft, sources said. ESPN

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"I am not sure I understand why everyone wants to get rid of Marone"

Because he suxs and will ruin any chance of our team winning another Super Bowl as long as he is on the roster. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I like Cromartie but The Chargers wouldn't do a deal for Maroney. We have Maroney and need a running Back. That being said we have draft picks that are more valuable than Maroney and I'm all for using them to get anybody that will help this team.

TCal- You wouldn't be a fan of "A Clockwork Orange" would you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

You do realize that the Raiders' 2011 first rounder could be the #1 overall pick in a draft where there are slotted rookie salaries, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

I don't know if I would want to part with a draft pick as this year's draft is loaded with talents and 2nd round players could have gone in the 1st any other year. If Bolts agree to give us Cromartie for Maroney and AD, then I say ship them off immediately. For good measure throw in Wheatley and a six pack Sam Adams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE2010. Show NE2010's posts

trade Maroney for him! lol cheap contract to pick up easily resignable.. lets do it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

In Response to Re: Rumors : Chargers Shipping Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure I understand why everyone wants to get rid of Maroney in the last year of his rookie contract. This is a very important year for any guy. I get as frustrated as everyone else with his dancing and side stepping but he barely gets a chance. There are too many games that he looks great in the first quarter and then disappears for the rest of the game. Too many times he gets benched for random reasons. (The missed block in the Ravens game , I think) As for the fumbles does anyone know how many fumbles he had before this year?.... ONE. My real question with this trade is why would you trade someone that is getting paid $800,000 in the last year of a deal?
    Posted by Jason4444444[/QUOTE]
    Now of course none of us are talent scouts or NFL coaches but when people on here say they dont understand why everyone wants to get rid of Laura Maroney I just shake my head. The ONLY time he has been agressive running has been this year knowing he may be gone. Fred Taylor and Morris have proven running behind the same Patriot offensive line that there are holes and they can be run through. Maroney has a problem with decision making and its been a problem his whole Pro career. Not to mention he cant play without getting hurt. I doubt anyone here was as big a fan of him when he was in college and I thought we hit the Jack Pot when BB picked him. But please, He doesn not have the Im gonna kill you attitude and he cant make the decesions fast enough to be on this team, and I question if he will be able to on another team in his future.
    He unfortunately is a bust for the draft pick he was, to discuss him further is just a waste, he is what he is,  and that seems unlikely to change. It really stinks because I was one f his biggest fans and hoping he ould be an all pro

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we need a hard hitting back paired with maroney (similar to corey dillion), so i think we should get our hard hitting back in the 2nd and then trade one of the lower other (2) 2nd rounders for cromartie. then we trade AD for a 3rd and still be in good shape for next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Everybody in here is talking about money.  We are one of the well financed organizations in the league.  Although i am not able to go to the games in Foxboro, beacuse of my location, they are not cutting tickets prices per some people on this board.  We have the money.  It is up to the Krafts if they want to spend it or not.  I think that Mr Kraft & Co. needs to spend alot more money on these players.  Players are not just jumping at the opportunity to play with the Patriots anymore.  We have to lure these guys back to our organizationa and then worry about saving money.  I say spend spend SPend and SPEND.  Lets get the guys in here and once we have reached the point of SB status again we can then think about saving money.  I am not saying break the bank on any one player, but, you have to realize, as of late, we are just an average team.  And I was also told that to make money, you have to spend money.
    Posted by mississippipatfan[/QUOTE]

I hear this arguement all the time but Mississippi you do realize there is a cap in the nfl and the Pats spend close to it every year? Even if next year is an uncapped year any new players agreement is going to include a cap eventually so you just can't spend spend spend as you put it. If you want to see a couple of examples of teams that do that very thing look at Washington and Oakland. Need I say more? The name of the game is balance contracts and talents to maximize the cap value, hence why the Pats have never had a losing season since Brady took over. They don't over spend on players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]i think we need a hard hitting back paired with maroney (similar to corey dillion), so i think we should get our hard hitting back in the 2nd and then trade one of the lower other (2) 2nd rounders for cromartie. then we trade AD for a 3rd and still be in good shape for next year.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

A second might do it for Cromartie but it might be an earlier 2nd which I'd be happy with truthfully. As far as a 3rd for AD? That's a bit of wishful thinking. Maybe we'd get lucky and get a 5th for him or a 4th next year but he's got a fairly large cap hit and lost his starting job a couple times this year do to performance and attitude. Not an easy sell. If you don't get a couple teams in a bidding war then depending on the draft and FA there's a chance he could be released which again drops his trade value. Now if you get a team like Tampa who wants to rebuild their D and has plenty of cap space, you might be able to swing a VW and AD for say a 2nd, 3rd this year and either a 2nd/3rd next year. Or, even convince then to send both 2nds this year for VW and AD. Which given the expectations of this draft might not be a bad deal

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm asking this question which I did to come up to the answer to trade for AC.

If LM is gone will the running game be worse than it was in 2009, I don't think so.  It will be the same if the OL is not improved and if it is then SM, Taylor and Lawfirm will run with Faulk as the third down.

No will the secondary be the same with AC or will it be better with him?  Even if Bodden is not back AC is a tall and fast DB who has shown he can make plays on the ball.

I trade LM and AD for him or throw the #42 for him.  He is young and will be a #1 from the moment he arrives.