Run the freakin ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Run the freakin ball

Too many pass happy game plans.....Run the ball.....we are becoming too predictable yet again.....c'mon BB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Run the freakin ball

Bill O'Brien does not seem to realize that they are not built like the Packers, with 8 or 9 starting caliber WRs. They have Welker, Gronk, Hernendez...and then a pretty steep drop off. Every team in the NFL seems to have figured that out, I don't see why O'Brien can't.

Yes, Brady can win with no-name receivers, but not when he is throwing to them every single play. He was able to win with them early in his career with unpreditable game plans and the fact that they were in the spots they were supposed to be. For example, Troy Brown was hardly a physical nightmare, but he could always be counted on to be in position and to make the catch. Wheras Edelman, for example, cannot even hold on to a punt.

This passing attack can be outstanding, as we saw in Miami, but it starts with more balance and more creative playcalling.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

It's hard to run the ball when your best back has turf toe and the rest suck.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Why would they run the ball more against Miami when they were able to pile up over 500 yard passing with apparant ease? They were clearly having a hard time throwing against the Giants...maybe they could have tried something else?

More then that, I also think the moments they pick to run are not ideal. Right after an incompletion on 1st down for example, is taking a big chance that you will be facing 3rd and long. Why not run on 1st down instead, if it works, run again on 2nd, if not, try the pass?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Maybe if they can't run then spread the ball and stop forcing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I believe it's game predicated-that being said I don't believe the Pats offensive line was built to run block, other than Mankins. Yet, when we had Cory Dillon we were able to run, so maybe we just need to use one of our billion picks and trade up and get a horse!!!! Man it sure would be nice for Brady to have a great running back to take some of the pressure off and allow play action to be a part of the game scheme.